Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

NEW HOME SHIRT

Next two matches

Saturday 21 September 2019 v Jersey Reds at Stade Santander International, 3.00pm (Cup)

Sunday 29 September 2019 v Doncaster Knights at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Current Page: 11 of 51
Re: Rumoured Signings 2018-19
dick g 15 April, 2018 19:00
[quote Exiled Falcon]A mistake is accidentally putting diesel in your petrol tank. Horrible blokes and totally different to Zachís case. Legally innocent, morally far from it. I would find it hard to cheer for a team containing either of them.[/quote

If either if these unsavoury characters are signed, I shall stop going to KP. What would our legion of women supporters feel?

trummy200 15 April, 2018 19:06
That's the problem with social media - its so easy for comments to spin out of control. Somehow people have to be more accountable for what they 'share' But its not just the younger generation - One of the most powerful OAPs in the world has broadcast some pretty despicable messages. I am with EF on this.

Andy Mac 15 April, 2018 19:07
Me too dickg. I'm sure the club would have no thoughts about signing people with those values.

falconsfan07 15 April, 2018 19:08
Quote:
Andy Mac
Quote:
falconsfan07
Quote:
Falcons_Thunder
Regarding the Irish pair I would have them, they were found innocent and I'm sure deano could sort them out. I'm guess Jackson will go to France on a bumper wage because he's an outstanding FH.

Iíd have them as well. They where found innocent. I know the whatís app messages are quite explicit. But as a very young lad myself the things they messaged each other is no different to what goes into any other lads group chat. Lads chat absolute sh*te.

And that aside, both are very very intelligent rugby players.

Speak for yourself. I'm pleased to say I have no mates that talk in such disgusting ways about women. If this is standard banter for you and your mates then fair enough, but please consider joining the 21st century and treating women with some respect.

Being a young lad is no excuse for such appalling behaviour. Please, for the sake of any woman that may be unfortunate enough to meet you and your mates, broaden your horizons now before it's too late.

You know nowt about me? or the fact I have just spent 10 weeks in a country where women have no rights and I was the one doing sessions at universities and villages trying to promote woman rights gender equality and how to prevent rape.

As a lad whos trying to join a regiment that known for its very dark humor and having played since I was a little lad the fact is that rugby humor and rugby craic is very dark.

Stop being such a snowflake. You'd have a heart attack if you saw my local club rugby chat man...

Bearing in mind I know most of the fans on this site are quite elderly compared to me. I am 20.

Andy Mac 15 April, 2018 19:24
I was aware of your volunteering. Well done.

However condoning their behaviour as 'lad banter' shows, to me, your total lack of maturity.To suggest that this is normal 'dark banter' shows your narrow view of the world.

I would suggest you are showing yourself up as a very immature little boy and pretty sure you'll cringe at these comments when you grow up a bit.

All those people that are older than you were your age once. They've grown up, suggest you do the same.

falconsfan07 15 April, 2018 19:29
Quote:
Exiled Falcon
If that is true FF7 I really despair. When I was a young lad I would be horrified if any of my mates spoke in that tone. Some years later and with a twenty something year old daughter I find it even more repugnant. As Andy says, perhaps a few people need to get hauled into the 21st century.
The fact the messages were private is being used as a justification or defence totally misses the point; this is what they think and believe, if people find that acceptable there really is no hope.

Don't get me wrong, I think what happened to the poor lass if she is telling the truth is awful and disgusting.

But the whatsapp chats and the dark humor is something I see all the time in club rugby and in college tbh. Young lads do just chat b**locks. But I don't think it defines them as bad people. They should of known better as professional athletes.

On a personal note, I have noticed the people who have been through and seen the worst things in life tend to be less sensitive and have a darker sense of humor.

Back to the point, I wouldn't mind seeing either of them at the club.

dick g 15 April, 2018 19:32
I'm happy to be a snowflake.

CharlieDog 15 April, 2018 19:33
Well if I have to pick sides between the 'holier than thou' brigade or FF07 then I pick FF07. But hopefully I won't have to so since we are unlikely to sign the Irish Two, can we all get off our high horses and give it a rest.

falconsfan07 15 April, 2018 19:41
Quote:
Andy Mac
I was aware of your volunteering. Well done.
However condoning their behaviour as 'lad banter' shows, to me, your total lack of maturity.To suggest that this is normal 'dark banter' shows your narrow view of the world.

I would suggest you are showing yourself up as a very immature little boy and pretty sure you'll cringe at these comments when you grow up a bit.

All those people that are older than you were your age once. They've grown up, suggest you do the same.

Thank you mate, I got a lot of support from people on this board which was pretty fantastic.

Like I said to EF I think it is awful what happened to the girl if true and don't condone any of it.

But referring to the whats app messages, the words weren't anything unusual to me that I haven't seen before. Mind you I do find the word s**t disgusting.

But, I wouldn't show that to me dad or me nanna because they have a different sense of humor to me and would find it extremely rude and like many on this board are far older than me.

Back to the point they where found innocent and are very good rugby players, I wouldn't mind seeing Jackson at the club. I think hes off to irish with Less Kiss

Andy Mac 15 April, 2018 20:03
FWIW I would have probably said the same thing you're saying when I was 20. It's easier to go along with what your mates say and do than it is to consider things carefully and form your own opinions.

I'm now in my 30's, so not exactly a pensioner, and have grown up enough to realise that talking about other humans like that doesn't fit in with my values. It's just unpleasant and unnecessary.

So if that makes me a snowflake, then I'm totally ok with that.

Leipziger 15 April, 2018 20:05
In our younger days, I think most of us will have said and/or texted things that we later regretted, sometimes just seconds later. Some of those things we've said/texted will have been quite offensive, but we hopefully learn from it. If Jackson and Olding are genuinely sorry, and they appear to be, then I wouldn't have a problem with them signing for the Falcons, but I'd be very surprised if either did.

steve1888 15 April, 2018 21:10
I wouldn't have a problem them signing as cleared but seems odd sacked still.

From the apparent messages I'm with FF07 and banter like that is pretty common and not just from lads. Each to their own really, there's far worse happened and been forgotten or left in the past and I'm sure these lads will learn from this.

Were either of them staying anyway?

Monkey1 15 April, 2018 21:12
I am certainly no snowflake, but that sort of 'banter' may be acceptable amongst some parts of society, it is definitely not acceptable amongst professional rugby players. It is drummed into them constantly that they represent their clubs, are icons for their younger supporters etc. If they ignore all of that & basically insult their clubs & their supporters then I wouldn't trust them to represent any club anywhere.

If they can prove that they have grown up then one day they might cease to be unacceptable, but to any respectable club at any level they are currently unemployable. Regardless of whether or not you think that young lads could be excused a bit of dark banter, just stop & think for a moment of the sponsors & supporters who would not find it acceptable to be associated with either of these numpties, and who would leave in protest. Are they worth that much? I think not.

Note to Deano. If either of these two get signed by our club, my unwanted season ticket will join the pile on your desk the following morning.

Marco19819 15 April, 2018 21:16
I don't think either is coming anyway!

steve1888 15 April, 2018 21:20
In this day and age you'll probably find some sponsors and supporters have similar banter, is it worse than getting someone cut to cheat in a match? (apologies for bringing up Deano just trying to show people can be forgiven we has Crockett and Higgins too)

While it might not be everybody's Cup of tea I think youre pretty naive if you think this doesn't happen reasonably often hence I find the sacking quite odd, unless I'm missing something.

Things like Love Island, Geordie shore and other such progs are all aimed at similar and they're highly successful.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2018 22:13 by steve1888.

lizard118 15 April, 2018 21:35
I've learned to keep my opinion to myself sometimes.

Falcons_Thunder 15 April, 2018 22:14
Quote:
falconsfan07
Quote:
Andy Mac
Quote:
falconsfan07
Quote:
Falcons_Thunder
Regarding the Irish pair I would have them, they were found innocent and I'm sure deano could sort them out. I'm guess Jackson will go to France on a bumper wage because he's an outstanding FH.

Iíd have them as well. They where found innocent. I know the whatís app messages are quite explicit. But as a very young lad myself the things they messaged each other is no different to what goes into any other lads group chat. Lads chat absolute sh*te.

Speak for yourself. I'm pleased to say I have no mates that talk in such disgusting ways about women. If this is standard banter for you and your mates then fair enough, but please consider joining the 21st century and treating women with some respect.

Being a young lad is no excuse for such appalling behaviour. Please, for the sake of any woman that may be unfortunate enough to meet you and your mates, broaden your horizons now before it's too late.

You know nowt about me? or the fact I have just spent 10 weeks in a country where women have no rights and I was the one doing sessions at universities and villages trying to promote woman rights gender equality and how to prevent rape.

As a lad whos trying to join a regiment that known for its very dark humor and having played since I was a little lad the fact is that rugby humor and rugby craic is very dark.

Stop being such a snowflake. You'd have a heart attack if you saw my local club rugby chat man...

Bearing in mind I know most of the fans on this site are quite elderly compared to me. I am 20.

I have to agree 100% with FF most of you non players wouldn't understand the rugby humour/craic and it's the same in cricket and football.

aidanb 15 April, 2018 22:23
Quote:
Falcons_Thunder
Quote:
falconsfan07
Quote:
Andy Mac
Quote:
falconsfan07
Quote:
Falcons_Thunder

I have to agree 100% with FF most of you non players wouldn't understand the rugby humour/craic and it's the same in cricket and football.

That last paragraph is something I donít recognise.

My cricket club WhatsApp doesnít have this Ďbanterí in it, nor does the dressing room.

PedroFalcon 15 April, 2018 22:35
Excusing that sort of behaviour by using the term 'rugby banter' is ridiculous tbh. Belittling women and using derogatory terms is never acceptable, ESPECIALLY in the rugby community. I hope the publicity this trial attracted is a warning to every high profile individual that they will not get away with behaving like that. Yes they were found not guilty, but their reputations are forever tarnished, and their private lives will deservedly suffer for a while too.

steve1888 15 April, 2018 22:42
Christ whatever happened to equality? Do you really not think there's women who go on exactly the same?

There will have been behaviour like this loads of times before and will be again just not all will become public knowledge.

Current Page: 11 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net