rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 16 December v Edinburgh Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.15pm

Sunday 23 December v Gloucester Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Edinburgh Rugby 31-13 Newcastle Falcons

Poll: I will only be happy if...
Andy Mac (IP Logged)
13 March, 2018 20:46

I will only be happy if...

we get a home semi
we qualify for play offs
we finish in top 6
we avoid relegation

You must be logged in to vote.

40 Votes

Show results

What are people's expectations?

Re: Poll: I will only be happy if...
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 07:19
I am quite happy already. Anything better than a top 6 finish will be fantastic.

aidanb (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 07:39
Yeah
I'm with Monkey on this one
I would love a gong for the club but I'm happy all the same and just looking forward to the next game

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 08:35
Anything in the top 6 will be progress and we seem to be progressing every season. smiling smiley

dick g (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 08:53
Top Six has now become my minimum expectation. As the bloke who led the pitch invasion at the Stoop when we won the league title so many years ago, I have dreams of doing the same again. Mind, I might be a tad slower this time.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 09:38
Just happy not to be getting relegated. Everything else is a bonus with no expectancy

London_Falcon (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 11:02
And we are mathematically safe already. We are on 50, Irish are on 15. 5 games to go equal equals maximum points gain for Irish of 25/

14 March, 2018 11:41
We've won one fewer games than Exeter, so far. That'll do me!

lizard118 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 15:07
I would've been happy with 6th, before, but since we've outdone ourselves I'd be a tad disappointed not to get in amongst the big boys. We've won away at grounds we expected only losing bonus points.

We have 5 games to go of which 3 are at home and 2 away both of which we can realistically win, although Leicester might seem like a tall order, but not impossible. It's getting tight at the top.
I cant see why we can't be amongst the top 4. I'm sure the players are thinking about it, and I say let's go for it.

Our defence is hugely impressive and this is the difference is the main difference for me this season. For that reason I can see us going to Leicester and giving them a good game. Anything can happen now and crucially it's in our hands.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
14 March, 2018 20:00
After this season we must finish in the top 6 as a minimum and get that auto champions cup place otherwise it would be a failure considering the season so far

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net