rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 28 September v Wasps at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Saturday 6 October v Sale Sharks at AJ Bell Stadium, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 17-24 Exeter Chiefs

Deano stay or Deano go?
FalconsRugby.org.uk (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 20:56
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Deano stay or Deano go?
trummy200 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 21:26
He is renown for keeping his cards close to his chest and not broadcasting his intentions until he is ready. Surely with the teams great improvement in results this year, and the fact that several players out of contract have resigned, then the indications are that he will stay- hope so.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
19 March, 2018 21:45
Nice piece Monkey
We really need Deano to stay on and steer this ship on its journey. He is doing a fantastic job so far and long may it continue
If we can make days like the Big One a financial success and provide Dean and his team with that extra budget along with Champions Cup rugby then who knows where we can go?
The club is on the front foot at the minute and moving forward letís hope Dean remains part of it

nursepete (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 08:04
I think that Deano will release the details of players arriving before he releases details of his own situation. Having spoken to him on a number of occasions he has never given any indication that he is unhappy here in the north east. Famously at Leicester, he never released details of his contracts or player arrivals, maybe we are going back to those days?

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 08:10
I agree with you nursepete.

Hopefully there will be some announcements soon,especially in relation to Deano deciding to stay.....or move on.

As has already been mentioned getting Deano to stay will be the most important signing/resigning of them all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2018 08:13 by Wensleydale Falcon.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 08:12
Niece piece Monkey - a real blast from the past with Dexy's - I'm hoping the players resigning is an indication Deano is staying put.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 08:14
Maybe Deano and the team are simply focusing all of their attentions on finishing the season in the highest league/cup positions before there are announcements on his future and player arrivals/further contract extensions?

I'm comfortable with how it is being played out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2018 08:16 by NorfolkFalcon.

dick g (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 08:38
Very nice piece, Monk. I shall certainly join in chant. But will I be among familiar faces in the East Stand Paddock? Don't want to appear pillocklike.

nursepete (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 09:55
you will be amongst friends (fellow inmates) Dick

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 10:59
Quote:
dick g
Very nice piece, Monk. I shall certainly join in chant. But will I be among familiar faces in the East Stand Paddock? Don't want to appear pillocklike.

Great piece monkey,
Iím East stannd upper Dick. Any of the South stand mob about there?

Mafia (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 11:44
i am in East Stand Upper for St James next week with 6 mates i have dragged along

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 12:00
I've often though that nice big contract extensions just before the coach and team reach a conclusion has a negative effect on results.

You only have to look at Eddie Jones getting a new one in November or Stuart Lancaster just before RWC 2015.

Good on Deano concentrating on the job in hand - it probably also strengthens his negotiating position!

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 13:57
Why on earth would you think about negotiating a new contract now? At the moment he would be negotiating as the coach of a top 6 team. In 3 months he could be negotiating as a premiership winning manager whilst polishing new silverware. No matter how passionate or idealistic , itís a job and you want to be on the strongest possible position when negotiating a salary.
Equally club progression will play a part and no one wants to be looking at team building and adding uncertainty in the closing stages of a successful season .

Leipziger (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 14:10
Maybe Deano's memoirs will be the sequel to that book called The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari? ;-)

Good piece Monkey, thank you. Things have come a long way since people were wanting Deano sacked during and even after that 20-game losing run in the league.

20 March, 2018 15:22
The simple fact is Rafpilot2000 that i am pretty sure that Semore wants to get Deans contract nailed down in order that he is not tempted away regardless what stage of the season we are at.

I hear what you say in relation to the potential negotiation position that Dean currently holds especially if we were to win the premiership or finish top 6.

However, if it all went pear shaped and we finished 8th or 9th who would hold the upper hand then....?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2018 15:23 by Wensleydale Falcon.

Robs (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 22:29
[quote falconsfan07]
Iím East stannd upper Dick. /quote]

Is this your new moniker ff07?

steve1888 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2018 22:34
Maybe it'll be announced on Saturday?

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 13:35
[quote Kwa444]I've often though that nice big contract extensions just before the coach and team reach a conclusion has a negative effect on results.

I'm sure we lost or first game badly after deano signed his extension last time. Just wait till the end of the season to announce he's staying

eastfalcon (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 15:43
Quote:
falconsfan07
Great piece monkey,
Iím East stannd upper Dick. Any of the South stand mob about there?[/quote

I'm East Stand Upper too! - I think that the majority of the noise will be coming out of the East Stand. That's were the ST holders mainly are! Can't wait smiling smiley

Onwards and Upwards!

Horus (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 19:09
S, Barnes, in today's Times, argues Eddie Jones should be sacked and he reviews his possible replacement as England manager. He concludes his list with this: ' An outside bet to pull together a successful short-term team is Dean Richards of Newcastle Falcons.'

I will be adding my voice with other ST holders from the East Stand too.

dick g (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 19:39
I seem to recall Deano saying he wasn't interested in the England job, Besides, Jones is here for the RWC so no vacancy.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 19:42
I think all of us want Deano to stay. smiling smiley

21 March, 2018 20:49
There is NO way that Dean would take on the England job. He prefers the week in week out buzz of the Premiership and I recall him saying this at one of the fans forums. I know we should never say never but I really can't see it happening!

aidanb (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 21:13
Stuart Barnes has given off the impression for 20 years of hating the Falcons. I donít know him personally to be able to say if thatís true or not.

He may just be shaking the pot up a little bit.

trummy200 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 22:02
Crikey I actually agree with S B re EJ - but that's as far as it goes!

dick g (IP Logged)
21 March, 2018 22:38
Quote:
aidanb
Stuart Barnes has given off the impression for 20 years of hating the Falcons. I donít know him personally to be able to say if thatís true or not.
He may just be shaking the pot up a little bit.

Barnes had it in for the Falcons from the very beginning. Rob Andrew had been Engkand's first choice fly-half instead of Barnes. When we won the league title at the Stoop, Barnes was commentating and we taunted him by chanting "Are you watching, are you watching, are you watching Fatty Barnes." He came up to a group of us in the bar after the game and laughingly explained that he had been watching.

Rocker (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 21:27
Quote:
. The cynic in me suspected that Deano was carrying the can for a lot of people who had been doing naughty things. The cynic in me still thinks that to this day.

As was effectively confirmed by the quiet shelving of the report on "blood" substitutions.... As a Harlequin it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth that Deano and Quins were hung out to dry for that :-( For your sake I hope he stays with you, he's certainly turned Falcons around. I just wish he'd stayed at Quins, our Premiership win under Connor O'Shea was based on Deano's squad.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2018 22:15
Yep that was always my thinking about Quins premiership win. Agreed about the blood subs. I know other coaches and DoRs from the Premiership at the time and they said it was just that Deano got caught .... or more that Williams wasn't a clever boy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net