rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 20th April v Gloucester Rugby at Kingsholm, 7.45pm

Friday 27th April v Leicester Tigers at Welford Road, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 35-30 Sale Sharks

I south stand HORN
Terry the horn (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 18:09
I was stopped blowing my horn on Friday night someone complain it was too loud after 15 years it what do you think a stewardess stop me if it is STOPED I will be devastating for the south stand 😡😡😡🏉🇬🇧🇬🇧

Re: I south stand HORN
Kath... (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 18:41
I think this is very upsetting for Terry and I would not like to see this stopped.

The horn makes a big difference to the crowd.

And I might add "if" we get into Europe these stewards will have to get used to European supporters with horns and all sorts............ let alone drums from the chiefs.

It is just ridiculous when you have the tannoy guy screaming make some noise.

Terry I would suggest you speak to the club to get their take on this.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 18:55
I think a quiet word with the stewards at the next briefing is called for. I assume just a one-off mistake that won't be repeated.

Keep blowing Terry.

zackary71 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 19:21
You are joking Terry !! Someone please have a word.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 19:25
Do we want an organic atmosphere or not? For goodness sake! Someone needs to sort this out. We need horns, flags and cowbells. And new chants! Surely someone can be done with the name takalua?

Seriously, can we do the continental football thing where the tannoy says "the tryscorer...verenikiiii..."

And then the crowd respond

"GONEVA....GONEVA....GONEVAAAA"

.Mick Hogan (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 21:19
Folks

We'll be discussing why this occurred at tomorrow's post-match and will come back asap.

Certainly don't want to stifle the great atmosphere that exists in the South Stand and throughout the ground in recent times

Thanks

Mick

.Mick Hogan (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 21:19
Folks

We'll be discussing why this occurred at tomorrow's post-match and will come back asap.

Certainly don't want to stifle the great atmosphere that exists in the South Stand and throughout the ground in recent times

Thanks

Mick

eebagum (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 21:56
The solution seems very straightforward...if the horn is a little too loud, stand a little further away.

Too far away (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 22:40
The horn has always been part of the match day experience for me.

eebagum (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 22:58
Me too TFA, once thought we could get one in each stand and go round the ground like a 'Falcons' wave....the volume on Friday especially in the last 10 mins was inspirational.
Perhaps the players should have the deciding vote.

dick g (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 08:06
Quote:
Marco19819
Do we want an organic atmosphere or not? For goodness sake! Someone needs to sort this out. We need horns, flags and cowbells. And new chants! Surely someone can be done with the name takalua?
Seriously, can we do the continental football thing where the tannoy says "the tryscorer...verenikiiii..."

And then the crowd respond

"GONEVA....GONEVA....GONEVAAAA"

I suggest:" TIKI TIKI TIKI TAKALUA, TIKI TIKI, TIKI TAKALUA"

and:" GONEVA, GONEVA, GONE OVER....."

As to the horn, if this new ruling persists, we should organise a mass blowathon with as many if us as possible getting horns abd using them.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 08:44
No need to make an issue of it, I am sure it will blow over.
(Sm105)

zackary71 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 09:01
I think this song has potential...
He scores from 1 yard
He scores from 1 yard
Oh Bobby Vickers
He scores from 1 yard !

Leipziger (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:15
Quote:
zackary71
He scores from 1 yard
He scores from 1 yard
Oh Bobby Vickers
He scores from 1 yard !

Yeah!

17 April, 2018 12:10
Quote:
zackary71
He scores from 1 yard
He scores from 1 yard
Oh Bobby Vickers
He scores from 1 yard !

That's a truly long range one for Bobby!

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 13:00
I thought the horn roused the crowd Friday night when we were being out shouted by the Sale fans

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net