rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 21 October v Montpellier at Kingston Park, 1.00pm

Sunday 28 October v Exeter Chiefs at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Last result: Toulon 25-26 Newcastle Falcons (!!!)

Brizzly Bears
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 19:01
Bristol are rebranding themselves to become the Bristol Bears. Some of the locals aren't happy at all, banging on about traditions & the club belonging to the people, but as someone not involved & who couldn't get too worked up about it if I tried I don't see any harm in it.

Brizzly Bears works quite well actually.

I am sure a lot of thought has gone into it, it isn't the sort of thing that just drops out of the air, might even do them some good. Certainly not offensive like the best-forgotten Bristol Shoguns affair. I wish them luck.

Re: Brizzly Bears
trummy200 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 19:17
If their strip ends up black and white they can be known as the cuddly panda's

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 19:25
Been giggling at some of the fans responses on twitter. Some absolute corkers. Hope it works out well for them. Fans donít seem to happy though. Arenít bath and Gloucester getting renamed next season too?

Davidten31 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 19:27
Don't they realize we fight bears up here. My t-shirt will get another airing next season, haha.

alas (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 19:34
Bath should be named the Olivers. Bristol Bears might revive the careers of a few Johnny Morris impersonators.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 21:45
Yogi's got a .....

Timeshock! (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 22:06
They are certainly vocal about it, multiple threads some of them up to 16 pages. many very funny, but TBH I feel for them, Bears, really? just cos it has a B in it. Could it not at least have been indigenous, perhaps buzzards, mind you could be worse words beginning with B, but we will not go there being rugby fans and all.

Too far away (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 22:38
Best bit is if you actuallygoogle Bristol bears.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 22:44
The Bristol Bears website is up and running

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2018 23:07 by Flumpty.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 22:54
Their clubhouse bar looks a hoot

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 08:35
Oh dear! Somebody didn't do their research very thoroughly before going ahead with this. We are going to get some fun out of this.
(Sm22)

17 April, 2018 08:45
I've come up with a nickname: The Paddington Poohs, I know they aren't in Paddington.

zackary71 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 08:59
Cue the avalanche of puns.
I mean Bristol bear-ly last in the Premiership more than one season, and with a rich proud history, it's a bear-faced cheek rebranding..... SCCHTTOOPP !!

London_Falcon (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 09:58
Quote:
zackary71
Cue the avalanche of puns.
I mean Bristol bear-ly last in the Premiership more than one season, and with a rich proud history, it's a bear-faced cheek rebranding..... SCCHTTOOPP !!

This whole episode has been grizzly. We'd be browned off too. Clubs shouldn't be pandaring to the money men in this way. It's the polar opposite of being fan centered. They've made a right spectacle of themselves. They are even changing the koala of their shirts.

Sorry....

lizard118 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 10:08
On a serious note I mentioned a while ago about Bristol losing their identity on here. The club has lost a lot of affinity with the local population. I used to attend some games with being a local but I don't anymore.

Yes, Lansdowne has brought in money but the club just does not have a 'local' representation in the first team. It might as well be a franchise, so may be Bristol Bears is the way to go. I can't see it happening though as there is too much local vocal opposition to it.

On a side note because Bristol Rugby are now associated with Bristol City FC, red has been slowly creeping into the home strips. So don't be surprised to see Bristol Rugby playing in a red home strips next season. I do feel for the Bristol fans though as they can't do very much about it. Lansdowne can do a lot of what he wants but he's not a rugby man.

Guildford Saint (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 13:33
Quote:
There's 35 seconds to go
I've come up with a nickname: The Paddington Poohs, I know they aren't in Paddington.

Surely must be the Boo Boos - for numerous reasons!

dick g (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 16:25
Forget the ursines. They should call themselves Bristol Cream. Top of the milk.

Colonel1960 (IP Logged)
18 April, 2018 19:23
Using that analogy, shouldn't you lot be called the Newcastle Crows then?

alas (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 12:42
If they get relegated they will be Bears with a sore head.

Ernie Ball (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 13:10
Quote:
On a serious note I mentioned a while ago about Bristol losing their identity on here. The club has lost a lot of affinity with the local population. I used to attend some games with being a local but I don't anymore.
Yes, Lansdowne has brought in money but the club just does not have a 'local' representation in the first team. It might as well be a franchise, so may be Bristol Bears is the way to go. I can't see it happening though as there is too much local vocal opposition to it.

On a side note because Bristol Rugby are now associated with Bristol City FC, red has been slowly creeping into the home strips. So don't be surprised to see Bristol Rugby playing in a red home strips next season. I do feel for the Bristol fans though as they can't do very much about it. Lansdowne can do a lot of what he wants but he's not a rugby man.

This poster does not speak for the vast majority of Bris supporters.

19 April, 2018 13:24
Of course they don't. They're one of us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net