rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 27-Saturday 28 July Premiership Sevens at Franklin's Gardens

Saturday 11 August v Nottingham Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Exeter Chiefs 36-5 Newcastle Falcons

"Major new signing"
Leipziger (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 09:04
Announced at 10am today according to Twitter. Mulipola?

Re: "Major new signing"
Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 09:37
The logo train just stopped off at Tyneside

Leipziger (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 09:43
Although... interestingly I see that Ed Slater follows us on Twitter :-)

pityacker (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 10:04
Has been injured a lot over the past few seasons just hope things go well for him at KP , will certainly strengthen our front row as can play both sides .

exhooker (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 10:04
Excellent signing. Anyone know how long the contract is? Can we have an Evan v Logo hair contest?

19 April, 2018 10:12
Quote:
pityacker
Has been injured a lot over the past few seasons just hope things go well for him at KP , will certainly strengthen our front row as can play both sides .

He's quoted as playing 15/20 premiership games this season. The thought of having

1.Logo
2. Cooper
3. Welsh

That's an outstanding front 3

19 April, 2018 10:18
And one thing Logo will do is get over the gainline which is something we struggle with and relying on the likes of sinoti and goneva to get us over the gainline which means they are out of position sometimes

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 10:19
A massive unit who covers both Loose and Tight and can carry the ball through concrete
Keep him fit and heís going to be a fantastic signing

alas (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 10:20
1.Logo 2. Cooper 3. Welsh is 3 non-EQP. If they steer clear of injury Lockwood and Scott Wilson will get plenty of game time. As at Leicester, think Logo will come on from the bench a lot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/04/2018 10:22 by alas.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 10:25
Very good signing, hopefully he'll stay fit and add good depth to the front row.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 10:39
Leicester Tigers star Logoviíi Mulipola will be a Newcastle Falcons player next season after the destructive prop agreed a deal to join the Kingston Park club.

Full details on t'offy

zackary71 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 10:55
That'll do for me. Few more additions in key positions and we can really kick on next season.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 11:10
Fantastic signing, just what we need. How many props scrummage and carry as good as him???

Credit to the boys for getting this one over the line.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 11:10
I like this signing because he definitely has that "point of difference" that all clubs competing at the top level want. He is a monstrous unit and massive ball carrier as well as being flexible positionally. Like i say, out strength and conditioning people will do a good job with him and may even see a better version of 'Muli'.

In terms of injuries, perhaps for some players our surface is advantageous? I know its not for nowell but it is flat and true. I think the islander contingent love playing on the hard, fast ground.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/04/2018 11:11 by Marco19819.

Yorksfalcon (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 11:21
He may add to our ball carrying in open play but the important question is can he score a try from 5cm like Bobby?

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 11:22
Excellent signing for us, I really like this signing because he is something different for us in the loose he can be destructive and solid in the scrum. smiling smiley

DB23 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 11:27
Top signing, a real sign of intent.

A scary prospect him running down your channel and will add a huge amount to our scrummaging too.

At 6ft 4inches and 20 stones, I wonít be criticising him, ever. Nope.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 11:52
Fiddler claiming plaudits for releasing the details before the announcement
Smithy has got him biting about his record to date (Deano to Saints, Niki to Bordeaux and Sinoti to Bristol) itís pretty amusing

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 12:24
Fissler should give credit to this board ... it was speculated here once it was known his Tigers contract was up, long before TRP.

He can score from 5m, I seem to recollect him being relatively decent at finding the line.

I can't recall if Tigers signed him to replace Castro or as competition for Ayerza, though the former rings bells. Either way, an excellent signing. People often underestimate top quality props and what they bring to a side.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 12:59
A good signing, sorry to see him go. I hope he keeps fit especially knees

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 14:20
When I pointed that out to Fissler he blocked me!!

Osric (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 14:40
Great news for us. An area that needed support. Well done to all concerned.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 16:55
Good signing, as long as we can keep him fit. I think we still need two more props imo, a seasoned one and may be one up and coming. We can't be in the champions cup with only two good props. We need at least 4, with fillers.
I recall the time we went out and got Brookes and Shiells when few had ever heard of the two. We played with both at Sale and won there, with Shiells getting a try, I think.I wonder what happened to Shiells? Looked a good prospect despite his size and not many can claim to have taken apart Hayman, even in his latter years, but Shiells did. I don't know if it's injuries or psychological but it's as if he's disappeared from the face of the earth.

Anyway, it would be nice to see something along those lines since we appear to have a dearth of good young props coming through. We need a conveyor belt of good young front rowers since most ours are already in their prime.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 16:58
Shiels was an excellent prop, another case of moving on and not making the grade. He wasn't the biggest but his technique was excellent. I know he had back problems, maybe this finished him.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 18:24
Logo came to us on a short term contract, we liked him and he stayed, trouble with a lad that size, when he's broken he takes some mending(see Manu as well for that)awesome when he's fit though.

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 19:06
Another really good signing, very pleased with this one. Now that Scotty is lasting 80 minutes as he did against Sale we look pretty good in the front row.

Genuine question however, how do signings like this leak out. Dean likes to keep things very close to his chest yet strong rumours of both Mulipola and Arscott were doing the rounds long before it became official. Just wondering....

markismith50 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 19:42
Agents, generally

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 19:51
Typical of BBC Sport website that they give a higher billing to Worcester prop Alo moving to a French League Two outfit and Christian Day retiring at Saints than to Logo signing for the Falcons.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 19:53
Great signing who will add a lot to the team if he can stay injury free. We still need a couple of extra props. Will Vickers still play on? Will Davey Wilson ever stay injury free and get match fit (not a dig at him by the way)?

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 20:57
Well pretty much unanimously said we don't need a huge rash of signings but we would like to see the front row strengthened.

Mulipola will certainly do that.
He's started 8 games for the tigers this season and 7 off the bench.

If the Tanpin rumours are true aswell then, Dean has listened to us grinning smiley

With Scotty seemingly getting a bit of a run injury free, I do wonder what the future holds for Davy Wilson. Havent heard much about him.

And I noticed that Jack Payne (6'5) whos played TH a few times for us in the early rounds of the Euros etc played at 6 in Mondays A team game. So are they unsure what his best position is?

Getitright (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 21:07
Fissler is as good if not better than most on here. Despite the negative press his rumours have some substance.
Deano to Saints may not have happened but..!!

markismith50 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2018 21:25
Payne is a prop who helped us in the back row due to a shortage there.

Fiss gets a few right and a few wrong. Just treat his links as entertainment and understand that some of them are just attempts to leverage more money from other clubs.

ColinCharvis8 (IP Logged)
20 April, 2018 03:18
Re: Grant Sheills, heís actually playing just up the road at Melrose in the scotch premier... dominating the scrum still by all accounts

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net