rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 17 August v Leinster Rugby at Energia Park, 7.00pm

Friday 24 August v Edinburgh Rugby at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 47-26 Nottingham Rugby

Question regarding next seasons kit....
Running Rugby (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 20:40
This may be one for Smithy.....
Just wondering if the Falcons will be getting new home and away kits for next season?

Asking as I am wondering if the green away kit will go in a sale, as I may purchase one, but not for the current £50 price tag.

Re: Question regarding next seasons kit....
markismith50 (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 20:53
Hi RR, there was a major half-price kit sale at the last home game, advertised before the game.

Iíll announce new kits when directed to do so by my bosses at the club, itís not really an area I have anything to do with. If you contact the club shop they may be better qualified to advise.

Cheers
Smithy

11 May, 2018 21:06
I have actually just looked and the website has them all half price, may pop down to KP tomorrow.
Thanks for the quick reply, Smithy (Sm128)

11 May, 2018 21:13
Actually, Smithy, would you know if the club shop is open tomorrow? Being a Saturday and no game being on?

11 May, 2018 21:34
For God's sake. Let the man have a weekend to himself.

30 seconds googling found me this page: [www.shopfalcons.co.uk]

Which has the opening hours at the bottom.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 21:37
Thanks 35 secs. Ha, Iím in the wrong job if I want free time. Never off duty!

11 May, 2018 21:45
Quote:
There's 35 seconds to go
For God's sake. Let the man have a weekend to himself.
30 seconds googling found me this page: [www.shopfalcons.co.uk]

Which has the opening hours at the bottom.

Was a simple question, which, incidentally, I did find out by doing exactly that.

Just wasn't sure of the situation, now that the regular season (apart from the play offs) is finished.

Not really much need for the "For Gods Sake" comment, to be honest.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
11 May, 2018 22:10
Itís not a problem RR, just light-hearted banter. Time off is not something you become accustomed to in this job!

Susiewong (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 08:01
Ref , New Kit I personally would love to have the SJP black and white stripes that we wore for the Big One.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 08:13
It wonít be the stripes, Susie. We canít alienate our fans from outside Newcastle when there are so many soccer connotations attached to it. As a one-off for The Big One it worked well, but not a regular home kit.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 08:15
Quote:
Susiewong
Ref , New Kit I personally would love to have the SJP black and white stripes that we wore for the Big One.

That's never gonna happen because many people see it as a Newcastle only thing (football) tho if you wanna be incisive my Northumbrian flag covers from the Forth to the Humber lol

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 08:18
Maybe red and white stripes this year?? ;-)

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 08:52
Quote:
Rafpilot2000

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7YoqWoS_FtI/TbssKOj72lI/AAAAAAAAKSU/dV7sp62WjmI/s1600/Can+of+Worms.jpg

Leipziger (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 09:50
Quote:
Rafpilot2000

That big red stripe they had across the shirt the other year was bad enough!

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 10:07
Lol, it wasnít the best away kit but kinda highlights the clubs policy. Iím a Sunderland fan yet bought the black and white shirt. A Newcastle fan seemingly wouldnt do the same . Hopefully we will just get a nice black number .....with some sponsorship on

markismith50 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 12:16
It will be predominantly black

12 May, 2018 12:39
Spoke to one of the lads at the club shop today and he said, the new stuff (including the new kits), should start filtering in, late June, to mid July. ISC will remain as the manufacturer but not sure on sponsorship yet

aidanb (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 13:32
Quote:
markismith50
Thanks 35 secs. Ha, Iím in the wrong job if I want free time. Never off duty!

Can you come around and fix my fence which has fallen down whilst I was on holiday

markismith50 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 13:52
Haha, no worries Aidan. Just working on a cure for the common cold this afternoon, Iíll pop round once Iíve finished here!

skip mcskipper (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 17:07
Smithy, there's 35 seconds to go isn't your wife by any chance with that "for God's sake let the man have a weekend to himself" craic ha!!!

markismith50 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 17:09
I hope not!

aidanb (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 18:38
I would think after the season we have had and the competition we are in next year the shirt will have all the sponsorship we are allowed to have on it.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2018 18:53
Really hope so and it would be great to have the kit available a bit earlier this year. Having to wait until 4 games into the season to get a top is a bit rough and possibly missing some sales.
Really hoping the sponsors line up for us as given the media spotlight this year it is very much deserved.
Just wonder if we might have any charity logos on the shirt as always nice to see.

dick g (IP Logged)
13 May, 2018 08:57
I went to KP shop before the Wasps game to buy a reduced price home top. As I was taking it to the till, my wife (Who had accompanied ne to see I didn't get ca,rried away) put an away top in my hands. "I thought you might like this as well," she said. "Only if you insist," I replied. Looking forward to seeing what the design dudes come up with for next season. Will have to take Maureen to the shop again.😈

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net