rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 21 October v Montpellier at Kingston Park, 1.00pm

Sunday 28 October v Exeter Chiefs at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Last result: Toulon 25-26 Newcastle Falcons (!!!)

Team for Exeter
Osric (IP Logged)
15 May, 2018 22:06
Any thoughts? I guess some of the walking wounded may be fit.

Tait
Sinoti
Harris
Matavesi
Goneva
Flood
Takulua

Wilson
Cooper/Lawson
Lockwood
Green
Robinson
Wilson
Graham
Latu

Lawson/Socino
Davison
Vickers
Witty
Hogg
Hodgson
Young
Hammersley/JPS

Barring injuries, a similar 23 for Twickers, depending on who we get. (Dare we dream?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2018 22:08 by Osric.

Re: Team for Exeter
mannin (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 09:15
Be interesting to see who's fit. Think the backline picks itself if all good to go but the forwards may not be so easy.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 09:30
Hopefully the 2/3 week break that some of the guys have had will have helped clear up one or two niggles.

alas (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 09:39
If Cooper is unfit I would play Socino. The key to competing with Exeter is to stop them on the gainline as far as possible and his chop tackling would be useful. Hammersley has started ahead of Tait just about all season and I don't expect that to change.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 10:20
Quote:
alas
If Cooper is unfit I would play Socino. The key to competing with Exeter is to stop them on the gainline as far as possible and his chop tackling would be useful. Hammersley has started ahead of Tait just about all season and I don't expect that to change.

I don't get why hammers is always ahead of Tait? Hammers has been average at best all season and isn't reliable under the high ball

mannin (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 11:22
Surely Tait over Hammers when both fit.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 12:10
Vickers
Cooper or Lawson
Wilson
Green
Welch
Graham
Wilson
Young
Flood
Sinoti
Matavesi
Harris
Goneva
Tait

Although I'd be tempted to maybe put Goneva in at 13 and play Kibirige or Radwan as a curve ball and added flyer to help us take chances.

bigmac999 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 12:31
Steve i'd demo use 15 players winking smiley

whats the situation with Jon Welsh?

steve1888 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 12:52
Oops, meant to put Robinson in

DeceptivePace (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 13:15
Robinson has a broken wrist I think.

mannin (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 13:33
Thought Welch had a boot on? Precautionary?

16 May, 2018 13:39
Quote:
mannin
Thought Welch had a boot on? Precautionary?

The bbc interview with Mark Wilson says he'll captain the side so I'm guess Will Welch won't be playing

nursepete (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 14:45
Lockwood
Cooper / Socino
Welsh / Wilson
Witty
Green
Wilson
Graham
Hogg

Takalua
Flood
Sinoti
Matavesi
Harris
Goneva
Hammersley

Lawson
Vickers
Davison
Latu
Olmstead
Young
Willis
Kibrige

markismith50 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 15:01
To clarify, the reference from the interviewer to Mark captaining the side was just based on him captaining the team in Will's absence the last few games. It wasn't to say Will Welch was definitely out.

16 May, 2018 16:13
Quote:
markismith50
To clarify, the reference from the interviewer to Mark captaining the side was just based on him captaining the team in Will's absence the last few games. It wasn't to say Will Welch was definitely out.

So will is fit then, or are you playing them Jedi mind tricks again smithy

markismith50 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 16:28
I'm saying that nobody at the club has said publicly that he isn't fit.

The team will be named on Friday at noon.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 17:40
Quote:
alas

I completely agree. He is such a threat at the fringes as well. Picks some great lines and seems to animate other players with his movement off the ball.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2018 20:55
My ideal:

Lockwood
Cooper
Welsh
Green
Witty
Wilson
Graham
Latu

Takalua
Flood
Matavesi
Harris
Goneva
Sinoti
Tait

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net