rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 27-Saturday 28 July Premiership Sevens at Franklin's Gardens

Saturday 11 August v Nottingham Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Exeter Chiefs 36-5 Newcastle Falcons

Olding & Jackson
Davidten31 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 19:50
Apparently they are both still struggling to secure a new contract for next season even though they were found not guilty of their offences. Would you be happy if newcastle were to give them a chance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/05/2018 19:50 by Davidten31.

Re: Olding & Jackson
Marco19819 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 20:32
Olding has gone to Brive. And no, personally i wouldn't want either to come.

Davidten31 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2018 21:35
I've just seen olding has joined Brive, personally I'd still take a punt with Jackson

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 08:03
Having seen the civil war that erupted amongst the Sale supporters at the very suggestion that they might go there, you have to conclude that no matter what your opinions of them & their behaviour, they are seen as so toxic that no club in it's right mind would touch them.

pityacker (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 08:03
Jackson a top 10 and was found not guilty in the law courts and despite everything else that surrounds him his talent would be a great fit in our back line although I'm pretty sure it won't happen. If rumours are correct his salary agreed at Sale was rising to well over 300,000 a year so certainly not cheap and could only guess how his reception would be at all the away grounds played at.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 08:21
Both are very good players, especially Jackson, but obviously have baggage despite the outcome of the trail.

I imagine Jackson would be wanting first team rugby that we probably couldn't offer with Flood, not a great way to spend 300k.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 08:46
Personally I think it's a total overreaction and while not to the taste of some hasn't actually done anything wrong, no different to Zach technically? There's players playing in the league who have been convicted of things before and no problem.

I'd have him no doubt and he could be even better as knows he will be targeted for criticism so needs win crowd over.

pityacker (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 08:51
Quote:
steve1888
Personally I think it's a total overreaction and while not to the taste of some hasn't actually done anything wrong, no different to Zach technically? There's players playing in the league who have been convicted of things before and no problem.
I'd have him no doubt and he could be even better as knows he will be targeted for criticism so needs win crowd over.

Totally agree Steve and I also would love to see him at KP although the cost of his salary plus Toby Floods could be prohibitive when we have Joel Hodgson in the mix.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 08:53
Yeah I'd agree with that too but his salary could come down longer it takes to find a club.

dick g (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 09:00
Not guilty of the charge, but guilty of their attitude towards women. This is not acceptable and an offence to our many female supporters. Doubt whether our sponsors would be overjoyed if either of them was offered a contract.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 09:08
I imagine the ethical side of this would probably be split within the club. I've seen a lot of posts and some people are outraged by the messages that were sent, some people can't see the issue. I think I'm somewhere in the middle, but would prefer the club not to go down that route in a position we are not exactly weak in.

If it was a Furlong however.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/05/2018 09:09 by Pool_falcon.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 09:23
Let's not open up this can of worms again. Even tho both are innocent!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
29 May, 2018 14:26
Quote:
Falcons_Thunder
Let's not open up this can of worms again. Even tho both are innocent!

Totally agree. As mentioned above, it has massively divided the Sale message board & obviously polarises opinion. It isn't even slightly relevant to Newcastle Falcons & much as I am against any stifling of debate, this one is best stifled. On the grounds of sanity I will close this thread before it heads for the abyss.

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net