rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 11 August v Nottingham Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Friday 17 August v Leinster Rugby at Energia Park, 7.00pm

Last result: Exeter Chiefs 36-5 Newcastle Falcons

Pre season game
pityacker (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 15:01
Doncaster announced they are playing Falcons on Saturday 25th August and they stated that Falcons were also playing a game the day before therefore the team Falcons would be sending would probably follow last season when Falcons sent squad players to give everyone a pre season game , if I remember correctly Falcons lost that game. Nothing announced yet by Falcons regarding any pre season games.

Re: Pre season game
markismith50 (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 15:23
We're announcing our full list of pre-season games tomorrow at 11am.

We were aware Doncaster were putting that out today. We'll have two home games and two away games (including Donny).

Cheers
Smithy

alas (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 15:25
You remember correctly. [www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]
Would be happy to have the usual trip to the Borders to play Edinburgh, but wish they could do something better than always playing Doncaster or Rotherham for the home pre-season game. I suppose it's the cheapest option.

12 June, 2018 18:27
Quite fancied this when I saw it announced but went and looked at train tickets and nearly had a heart attack.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 18:30
Quote:
alas
Would be happy to have the usual trip to the Borders to play Edinburgh, but wish they could do something better than always playing Doncaster or Rotherham for the home pre-season game. I suppose it's the cheapest option.

If I remember right, someone told me last year that it's difficult to get French or Pro14 teams to come up to Newcastle, thus Rotherham and Doncaster inevitably get the call.

pa8 (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 18:32
Quote:
alas

Just been reading that Edinburgh have already announced their only pre season home games but are waiting for the home club to announce their last away game. Iím hoping thatís us.

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 20:30
Quote:
pa8
Quote:
alas

Just been reading that Edinburgh have already announced their only pre season home games but are waiting for the home club to announce their last away game. Iím hoping thatís us.

Should be our turn to be 'home' team, shouldn't it?

alas (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 11:00
Falcons moving up in the world with preseason game at Leinster. Nottingham and Edinburgh at home.

Sat Aug 11 v Nottingham (home, 3pm)

Fri Aug 17 v Leinster (away, time TBC)

Fri Aug 24 v Edinburgh (home, 7.45pm)

Sat Aug 25 v Doncaster Knights (away, 3pm)

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 12:22
Wow Leinster eh?!

I've often thought our pre season games could do with being a little more testing. It doesn't get more testing than Leinster away. Well done to the club on that fixture. No danger of being undercooked for next season.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 12:29
In fairness, we did win four of our first five games last season, and we won our season-opener the year before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2018 12:30 by markismith50.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 13:09
I think it's a balance though isn't it? You need some comfortable wins to get things flowing and give confidence, but you also need to be tested enough so that you know where you weaknesses are in order to eradicate them.

I have always felt that for the last few seasons we have perhaps focused more on the former, than striking the balance.

I take the point about four from five, though the counter point might suggest that you may have been 5 from 5, if you had been heavily tested. It is moot though.

I still congratulate the club on what appears a very balanced and exciting pre season schedule, and certainly the most interesting for many a year.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 13:40
I think most teams would take four wins from five, to be fair, and the one we did lose was against the Premiership champions.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 13:58
Maybe the championship sides put more into the games ?

falconbear (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 19:49
Smithy,
Does this mean we Season Ticket holders get entry into 19 games?
2 Friendly
11 Prem
3 Euro
3 Other Cup
Thanks in advance.

alas (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 20:05
18 games including both home pre-season games providing you ask for the tickets. There's only 2 other cup home games.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 20:21
Correct, Alas. The ST offer only said just one friendly but we wanted to reward our loyal ST holders by giving them the other one for free too.

falconbear (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 22:21
Thatís great news. Thanks lads.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 20:34
Great set of fixtures. Good mix and should set us up well for next season.

aidanb (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 16:46
Quote:
markismith50
Correct, Alas. The ST offer only said just one friendly but we wanted to reward our loyal ST holders by giving them the other one for free too.

would the cynic in me think the season ticket holders would be more likely to have beer and food whilst in the ground more than making up for the free entrance

markismith50 (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 18:23
Depends how much food and drink they consume, I suppose, but it wasnít mentioned in the discussion. We just felt it was a nice bonus for the people who have supported us by purchasing their season tickets.

bunch of flankers (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 18:45
pass on my thanks to the management Mark

markismith50 (IP Logged)
19 June, 2018 19:38
No problem, b.o.f.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net