rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 16 November v Harlequins at Twickenham Stoop, 7.45pm

Friday 23 November v Bath Rugby at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 22-7 Bath Rugby

Rugby Paper - John Wells
Neale Harvey (IP Logged)
21 July, 2018 18:50
Just a heads-up but should be a double-page piece with John in tomorrow's paper. Top man, pretty candid and I'd like to think a little insightful. Cheers, Harvs

Re: Rugby Paper - John Wells
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
21 July, 2018 19:12
Thanks for letting us know, I look forward to reading it.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 07:28
This is a great read, worth picking up a copy.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 12:09
Great read this
Open and honest from Wellsy
One note though - Neale Harvey refers to our signings and lists Josh Basham in there

markismith50 (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 14:19
We havenít signed Basham

Rde: Rugby Paper - John Wells
Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 15:18
Quote:
markismith50
We havenít signed Basham

Yet?

Davidten31 (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 16:07
Just read on rugbypass.
RugbyPass understands that Basham is set to study at Durham University, potentially paving the way for him to link up with Newcastle Falcons next season, a path also being trod by London Irish teammate Johnny Williams this offseason.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 17:25
Yes, I saw the article a while back. We havenít signed him.

Davidten31 (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 17:58
Thanks Mark

Leipziger (IP Logged)
22 July, 2018 22:57
I'm guessing the article doesn't say anything about Wells leaving this summer to work as a teacher, as was rumoured a while ago?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 05:52
Another ill-fated Rugby Paper rumour!

No, funnily enough it wasnít mentioned. They just stuck to the facts this time.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 09:08
Quote:
markismith50
Another ill-fated Rugby Paper rumour!
No, funnily enough it wasnít mentioned. They just stuck to the facts this time.

Like signing Basham?

lizard118 (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 10:19
My friend went to school with Josh Basham. He said we've signed Basham. Obviously only time will tell, he could be making it up, but he has no reason to.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 11:37
Glad to hear John Wells is not going anywhere. Ill need to read the article.

Basham wouldn't impact the first team anyway...he'll be in the academy I presume.

We have a good stable of back rowers...and they're still young enough to get better and better

markismith50 (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 13:03
Weíve not signed Basham. I donít know how many times people need me to say this.

Never say never, obviously, as with any player, but as things stand we havenít signed him. I canít be clearer.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 13:20
Have we signed Basham, Smithy?

(Sm100)

23 July, 2018 15:11
Quote:
markismith50
Weíve not signed Basham. I donít know how many times people need me to say this.
Never say never, obviously, as with any player, but as things stand we havenít signed him. I canít be clearer.

So it's nailed on then, aye?

Must just be waiting on him getting back from holiday / answer his WhatsApp messages to announce.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 16:56
Quote:
NorfolkFalcon
Have we signed Basham, Smithy?
(Sm100)
😁😁😁. Only time will tell. But he's coming to Durham university. Make that what you will.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 06:07
If it happens it happens I guess.

I don't think he's going to make an impact on the 1st team straight away if he does come in, he's probably a few years away.

On a different note, I'm hoping for big things from Chick this season. He needs to tighten his defence up and be a more involved, but you can't argue the lad has potential. I can see him getting plenty of game time with the backrow stocks not a deep this year.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 11:58
Now are you sure Smithy? grinning smiley

Pooly,
Im very curious to see how Guy Graham and Connor Collet go. His brother had some impact in his first season and Guy is rated very highly.

Collet also has put in some decent stats in NZ and has had good reviews.

Add in Nagussa, and we could very well end up having some good competition in that spot despite the departure of Hogg and Latu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/07/2018 12:00 by GeordieFalcon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net