rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 16 November v Harlequins at Twickenham Stoop, 7.45pm

Friday 23 November v Bath Rugby at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 22-7 Bath Rugby

Sevens Squad announced
Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 20:39
Falcons have announced our squad for this weekends Premiership 7s at Franklinís Gardens
No Cam Cowell or Brett Connon which is a surprise
Zach and Radwan will be looking to tear it up

Glenn Young
Connor Collett
Simon Uzokwe
Will Montgomery
Tom Marshall
Rob Farrar
James Elliott
Cameron Nordii-Kelemeti
Joel Matavesi
George Wacokecoke
Ben Stevenson
Adam Radwan
Zach Kibirige

[www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

Re: Sevens Squad announced
Daveyb (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 22:03
It seems the only way of watching this is to join a premium tv channel at $29.99 for one month....unless anyone knows any different

lizard118 (IP Logged)
23 July, 2018 23:26
Quote:
Daveyb
It seems the only way of watching this is to join a premium tv channel at $29.99 for one month....unless anyone knows any different
I know, and I'm sure others do know of a way of watching without being ripped off. But obviously can't divulge that for obvious reasons.

Daveyb (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 15:14
i am pretty savvy at these things but make the point, if the stupid organisers charged less to watch it online than the £20 price ticket to attend live, it would not fuel the underground observers!

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
24 July, 2018 15:25
That's a young squad

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 10:14
Is it not live on BT Sport?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 10:35
Yes.

Daveyb (IP Logged)
25 July, 2018 22:28
Good news indeed, but this must have been announced today as when I researched it, the suggestion was only available through florugby.com

digitalsys (IP Logged)
26 July, 2018 06:29
It has been on BT Sport for years now so free if you have broadband with them

alas (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 17:25
12-10 to the Falcons vs Sarries at half-time. Two good tries, but some dodgy defence.

alas (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 17:34
Won 26-17.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 19:27
Enjoyable stuff and 2 wins out of 2 in a tough group. Enjoyed the offload around the back and that Radwan recovery to save a certain try and win the turnover. I was concerned that he had pulled out of the tournament, the buzz cut caught me by surprise.

pa8 (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 20:56
Glen Young looks like heís bulked up a tad over the summer. Looked considerably heavier than last year.

Cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 22:12
Quote:
pa8
Glen Young looks like heís bulked up a tad over the summer. Looked considerably heavier than last year.

I though that too. How big is Joel Matavesi looks a massive unit.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 06:34
Zach showing great pace, the defence needs to tighten up in the knockouts but good to get two wins last night, well done lads.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 06:58
When Zach and Radwan has chances they took them, great speed, step and strength
A few of he bigger lads looked slow at times, leaking tries
Wacokecole looked good as did Nordii-Kelemeti

28 July, 2018 07:43
Our quarter final against Sale scheduled to kick off at 14:53. Iíll be watching.

alchemist (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 14:19
Beat Sale 17-12.

Into the semi's - watching the Falcons twitter feed from Sapporo in Japan.

Thanks to the fingers and thumbs of whoever is doing the typing for keeping us updated :-)

markismith50 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 14:21
Andrew Robson is todayís twitter updater, as I am on holiday.

alchemist (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 14:25
Thank you, Andrew. Much appreciated :-)

alchemist (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 16:15
Lost to Wasps in the semi 33 - 24.

pityacker (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 16:38
Saracens looking to have a good chance to win the final and we beat them in the first game but thatís how 7s goes.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 19:52
Quote:
alchemist
Beat Sale 17-12.
Into the semi's - watching the Falcons twitter feed from Sapporo in Japan.

Thanks to the fingers and thumbs of whoever is doing the typing for keeping us updated :-)
Now that's a country I'd love to visit at some point! Very jealous alchemist. Enjoy your stay.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 19:54
Unlucky in the end the boys. We beat sarries who go on to win it. Well done to the boys.

mannin (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 19:28
Should've won against Wasps really when another bizarre Wacokecoke offload went into touch and Wasps went the length.

Some great rugby on show though.

alas (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 21:20
Matavesi also turned the ball over at key times and his restarts often did didn't have enough hang time to challenge for the ball. Could have done with Cowell or Connon. Given how tired the players were at the end of the semi maybe the final would have been a mixed blessing. Sarries won through strength and stamina more than anything else.

mannin (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 09:44
Matavesi had some good touches but also very soft for his size in one on one contact situations, much like his brother.

Lots of positives though. Radwan, Kibirige, Young, Uzokwe and Nordli-Kelemeti looked great.

02 August, 2018 08:48
Just seen a lot of the highlights from the 7's.

Radawn looks like he put one hell of a shift in defensively aswell! He absolutely dumped one player. And his covering back was top class. He looks strong despite his slighter frame.

That's a good sign for this season. We know what he can do offensively..but to see that sort of defensive work really gives you a lot of confidence.

And Kibirige just looks rapid!

I think a few of the kids will make a mark this season.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 10:12
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
I think a few of the kids will make a mark this season.

Me too, and I am looking forward to see what they can do. I am sure some of them will have awful games, but we have the right team around them to help them to learn from it & come back stronger.

They're not kids anymore, they're ready.

02 August, 2018 19:55
Radwan looked like he had bulked up. Definitely bigger since the last 7s tournament. Excited to see him feature more this season.

alas (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 20:48
Fast and elusive players need to be careful about bulking up. Always thought Michael Stephenson was a better player before he bulked up.

RiponFalcon (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 21:04
Any extra bulk didnít appear to slow Radwan down at all last weekend.

03 August, 2018 08:25
I didn't think Radwan had bulked up necessarily...more that he just looked stronger.

But yes either way it hasn't affected his pace...he was seriously quick. So was Kibirige though!

We have a nice blend of power and pace in the wings now.

And theres another young lad from the Gosforth academy I believe, who was promoted to the senior academy this season who is another bigger power type winger. Lets hope he develops accordingly as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net