rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 17 August v Leinster Rugby at Energia Park, 7.00pm

Friday 24 August v Edinburgh Rugby at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 47-26 Nottingham Rugby

John Wells interview
Neale Harvey (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 19:10
For those who missed it here's the John Wells interview. Please don't be concerned about Josh Basham... he's still shown as signed on Wikipedia and I did include him in the list of players I mentioned to John, but if he hasn't signed he hasn't signed, no dramas. As for the JW leaving question, I did ask him but he dismissed it out of hand so no story.

[www.therugbypaper.co.uk]

Re: John Wells interview
samlee99 (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 19:18
Good to know TRP uses Wikipedia to get is news isn't it?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 19:22
He hasnít signed, Neale. No idea who makes up these rumours. To say Ďno dramasí isnít really enough when something that isnít true is stated as fact, regardless of where else it has also been stated.

The Wells retiring stuff was also nonsense. So frustrating that this stuff goes to print unchecked with no prior contact. We could have told your paper it was cobblers and saved all the fuss.

Hey ho. But it was a good article with Wellsy, credit where itís due.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/07/2018 19:25 by markismith50.

Neale Harvey (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 19:27
Thought I'd just made those two things clear, Smithy.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 20:55
Any chance of a clarification in print? Not sure how many TRP readers will see this thread.

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 21:15
Fake news smiling smiley

aidanb (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 21:23
Aidanb sits back and chews his finger nails rather then wade into the fray

pa8 (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 21:53
Quote:
markismith50
Any chance of a clarification in print? Not sure how many TRP readers will see this thread.

Ha ha of course they will Mark, and in other news scientists have discovered that the moon, is indeed, made of green cheese.

matt1il (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 22:17
I've removed his name from the Falcon's wiki squad. He doesn't have a wiki page. Obviously there's nothing stopping someone else with no official connection to the club, like me, adding him (or any other player) back in.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 22:37
Wow thats a great read.

Comes across as very honest and knowledgeable.

Makes you feel that we have a very good group if coaches in charge.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
27 July, 2018 22:44
Wellsy is generally reluctant to accept any of the media limelight but, in my experience, talks nothing but sense when he is interviewed. Iím glad that more people are now getting to see this.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 07:28
Quote:
pa8
Quote:
markismith50

Ha ha of course they will Mark, and in other news scientists have discovered that the moon, is indeed, made of green cheese.

They might print a clarification, but it'd be in a tiny corner of p.25.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
28 July, 2018 07:56
Having listened to Wells at talk ins in the past, he has great rugby knowledge and understanding, exactly what you want from a coach

markismith50 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 08:33
Again incorrectly listed in todayís Rugby Paper.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 29/07/2018 08:59 by markismith50.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 11:34
I blame their chief investigative reporter Mr Wikipedia!

markismith50 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2018 13:04
Iíve emailed the editor who has replied to apologise.

dick g (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 07:35
Quote:
markismith50
Iíve emailed the editor who has replied to apologise.

Good move.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 11:25
Will he be emailing a correction to all their other readers I wonder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/07/2018 11:26 by samlee99.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 12:12
Quote:
samlee99

Does anybody really care?

Cracking read. By the time I got to the shop they had sold out so appreciate the online link thanks.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
30 July, 2018 21:50
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
samlee99

Does anybody really care?

Cracking read. By the time I got to the shop they had sold out so appreciate the online link thanks.

Do people care about a news source that reports incorrect news and then repeats the incorrect news despite being told by those in the know that it is not true?

Some will and some won't I suppose.

And of course some will remember and wonder if other things they report as true really are.

Probably the ones who should care most are TRP. It is their credibility after all.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 08:34
If you have some sort of vendetta against TRP then can you please pursue it elsewhere. It is quite tedious for the rest of us, and blatantly obvious that you only ever comment on here to have a pop at them.

This message board is for discussion & enjoyment of all things Falcons. You are more than welcome to start your own message board to discuss all things about The Rugby Paper.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 12:41
Quote:
Monkey1
If you have some sort of vendetta against TRP then can you please pursue it elsewhere. It is quite tedious for the rest of us, and blatantly obvious that you only ever comment on here to have a pop at them.
This message board is for discussion & enjoyment of all things Falcons. You are more than welcome to start your own message board to discuss all things about The Rugby Paper.

Don't be so ridiculous. I have commented on this thread to give my opinion on the standard of journalism in this particular story. Is that not allowed?

If you want to look at tedious posts and a ridiculous vendetta you would do well to look at your own post.

Now I'll look forward to your berating Mark Smith for the vendetta he is carrying out against TRP for complaining about their story. Otherwise you will of course look like an utter hypocrite.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 17:51
Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

dick g (IP Logged)
31 July, 2018 18:09
Lets all chill. Save our animosity for the opposition next season.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 14:17
Agreed Dick but it wasn't me who threw my toys out of the pram in such an astonishing fashion.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 16:18
(Sm16)

aidanb (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 17:09
Quote:
samlee99
Agreed Dick but it wasn't me who threw my toys out of the pram in such an astonishing fashion.

Quote:
Monkey1
(Sm16)

I am hoping this is an outbreak of peace

samlee99 (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 17:54
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
samlee99

Quote:
Monkey1
(Sm16)

Me too. But then again I wasn't the one who declared war was I?

aidanb (IP Logged)
01 August, 2018 18:46
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
samlee99

Quote:
Monkey1
(Sm16)

But you are repeating the playground mantra of a teenager saying ďit wasnít meĒ

dick g (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 10:28
CHILL.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 12:42
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
samlee99

Quote:
Monkey1
(Sm16)

But you are repeating the playground mantra of a teenager saying ďit wasnít meĒ

In the playground as in life you should stand up to bullies which is what I did. I make no apology for that.

There was no need for any nastiness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2018 13:32 by samlee99.

aidanb (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 15:10
You have made this point enough times now.

Dickg has suggested that the issue is left.

I have asked for peace to break out

Now it would be good if you just went about your normal forum business without making any more of this.

This forum works well without people who don't really know each other having a war of words. The moderation team here[Monkey and myself are part of that team] want it to remain like that. So let this go and please continue chatting with the forum members here BUT please don't drag it back up again.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
02 August, 2018 18:44
No problem. I have merely replied to posts directed at me. If there are no future posts directed at me then I will have no need to reply will I?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net