rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 16 December v Edinburgh Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.15pm

Sunday 23 December v Gloucester Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Edinburgh Rugby 31-13 Newcastle Falcons

Nottingham Unfriendly
dick g (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 08:19
Will I find many South Stand Regulars at the game?

Re: Nottingham Unfriendly
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 09:09
I imagine almost all of them Dick. Don't worry, you won't be the only one there.

alas (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 09:20
They just won't be in the South Stand.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 09:35
Im looking forward to the game. Hopefully get a bit of decent weather, a few colds ones.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes with the team. Who starts and , how long each player will get etc...and whos missing..

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 09:43
I imagine I wonít be alone in running for the Metro at full time from St Jamesí to make kick off at KP
Luckily the guys at Sky decided the football was worth showing live, changed the kick off to 12:30 so I can now get to both

markismith50 (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 10:02
The Toon match will also be on the TVs in the Tap and Tackle for those looking to watch both.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 11:08
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
Hopefully get a bit of decent weather...

Forecast is for wet but quite mild, that will do for me.

I wonder how much comedy will be involved in trying to get into KP this year? If anybody fancies joining me in digging a tunnel in from the Twin Farms, meet me with your shovels & pit props when it gets dark & we can get started. Trousers with special pockets are essential. It is probably going to be a lot easier than hoping for a season ticket in time which will then entitle you to some sort of voucher which you will have to apply for except that the letter telling you all this won't arrive until after the game.

Aye, tunnel it is then!
(Sm100)

markismith50 (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 11:18
Monkey, season tickets are available for collection at the game. Any not collected will be posted out afterwards.

The deadline for ST holders to claim their free Nottingham ticket was actually last Friday.

If you've not done this in time I'd advise contacting the ticket office ASAP to try and arrange.

Cheers
Smithy

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 11:28
Hmmm, I wonder how many other people who don't spend all day in Twitter of Facebook have absolutely no idea about this?

I will contact the ticket office ta.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 12:10
Hi Monkey, it has been on the club website numerous times and on our social media more times than I would care to remember, but yes, inevitably some people will not have seen it. We're realistic about that.

Not really sure what more we can do, other than go and knock on the door of every season ticket holder or spend thousands on extra postage.

If you or anyone in the same boat drops the ticket office a line I'm sure they'll do their best for you all.

It's worth remembering that this is the game which wasn't originally going to be free for season ticket holders - all the bumph had referred to just one free pre-season friendly, but we decided to chuck this in as an extra little way of thanking our most loyal supporters.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 12:31
All sorted thanks, and yes it is always going to be a problem doing things this way. Of course, if the European lot could sort their schedules out in the same time that everybody else seems to manage, you could send out full & glorious season ticket packages including all pre-season games & a summer barbecue special in plenty of time, but that is never going to happen.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 12:40
Thanks Monkey, glad you got sorted.

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 19:08
My parents are in their 70ís and have had season tickets for years. They wonít have seen any social media and wonít check the website. (Or indeed any other websites).

Ill let them know to contact the ticket office if they want to go to the friendly game.

Had I not seen this thread theyíd have missed it entirely.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 20:29
Thanks Andy, we do our best to reach as many people as possible and we appreciate all of those helping to spread the word.

I know itís not possible for all, but regular checking of the club website and social media really is the best way to stay fully informed.

exhooker (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 21:16
I don't do Twitter or other things either but I got my season ticket ticket ages ago and must have seen it on the website. Don't assume that just because folk are the plus side of 70 that we don't check things. I appreciate the club trying to save a bit of postage and will happily collect package on Saturday.

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
06 August, 2018 21:41
I shall prefix this comment by stating that I am not trying to be awkward or rude to anyone whatsoever.......

BUT, surely supporters of the club must know that the season starts in September and friendlies (not sure of the need for 'un' in the thread title) are always in August - therefore the simplest way is to ring the club if there is no other way of finding the information - it's not as if August friendlies are a new thing.......

Again no disrespect to anyone, young or old, intended!!

dick g (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 06:53
Quote:
CharlieDog
I shall prefix this comment by stating that I am not trying to be awkward or rude to anyone whatsoever.......
BUT, surely supporters of the club must know that the season starts in September and friendlies (not sure of the need for 'un' in the thread title) are always in August - therefore the simplest way is to ring the club if there is no other way of finding the information - it's not as if August friendlies are a new thing.......

Again no disrespect to anyone, young or old, intended!!

The "un " was an attempt at wry humour. Although in my experience, these matches are not always contested in a light-hearted fashion as both sides try to progress to match fitness.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 07:42
I knew exactly what you meant Dick. I always find it amusing that these games are called friendlies, then the players bash seven bags of the proverbial out of each other as they would during any other game.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 07:52
Whereas the French refer to them as 'mis en place' (putting things in place) and they are widely regarded as contact training sessions.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

dick g (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 08:51
Quote:
markismith50
Whereas the French refer to them as 'mis en place' (putting things in place) and they are widely regarded as contact training sessions.
The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

As it usually is.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 09:10
There's also a free food tasting for season ticket members, but you need to register in advance for it. Details [www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

07 August, 2018 12:27
Football on the telly, Rugby and Free Food!!!!!

Where do I sign!!! grinning smiley

Timeshock! (IP Logged)
07 August, 2018 17:59
It looks like their site is down!

Cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 15:43
A long shot but does anyone know if the game is being streamed online anywhere?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 15:51
Itís not being streamed anywhere

10 August, 2018 16:39
Team announced...actually it's more like the entire squad has been announced. Glad to see it as it'll give everyone a run out and we get to see what kind of shape everyone is on.

Charlie Wilson at 12 for the second half team is one I'll be watching. He's held in very high regard by the coaching staff.

Also nice to see Calum Chick captain of the 1st half team.

10 August, 2018 18:30
Teams for tomorrow

Squad announced for the friendly v Nottingham tomorrow.

Theoretically One team for the first half...one for the second though probably not strictly adhered to. EDIT: Mark has confirmed the format below

Mostly (Not all) Fringe / academy players which is quite interesting.

First Half team
1 Adam Brocklebank
2 Jamie Blamire
3 Jack Payne
4 Tevita Cavubati
5 Calum Green
6 Andrew Davidson
7 Connor Collett
8 Callum Chick (captain)

9 Sam Stuart
10 Joel Hodgson
11 George Wacokecoke
12 Josh Matavesi
13 Pedro Bettencourt
14 Adam Radwan
15 Tom Arscott

Second Half team
1 Sami Mavinga
2 Santiago Socino
3 Trevor Davison
4 Will Witty
5 Glen Young
6 Gary Graham
7 Simon Uzokwe
8 Tom Marshall

9 James Elliott
10 Toby Flood
11 Ben Stevenson
12 Charlie Wilson
13 Dominic Waldouck
14 Zach Kibirige
15 Alex Tait

Replacements for both teams / halves
19 Will Montgomery
20 Johnny Williams
21 Brett Connon
22 Tom Penny
23 Simon Hammersley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2018 19:16 by GeordieFalcon.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 18:45
The backs will mostly play in 3 shifts of 30mins, the pack will mainly play in 2 shifts of 45 mins.

10 August, 2018 19:06
Ah ok thanks Mark. Really looking forward to it.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 19:07
Plenty names missing, you can imagine the international lads are only just back after an extended break but the likes of Welsh, Welch, Davy & Scotty Wilson, Robinson, McGuigan to name a few

10 August, 2018 19:19
Yes very much fringe players, new signings and academy lads.

Im really looking forward to seeing how the lads are looking...whilst this wont be hugely competitive we might still get an idea of who could be challenging for prem match day squads...

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 07:28
Looks a good mix in there, looking forward to seen how Arscott does at fullback. smiling smiley

markismith50 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 07:56
Tom is also due to move onto the wing later on.

digitalsys (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 08:08
Smith... shot in the dark here.... 😀

As there is no premiership issue here, and I am presuming you video the match for debriefing/ analysis.... is there the slimmest of chances you could put it on the club's YouTube channel for those of us that can't be in the country today (just leaving for a week in Israel)

Shy bairns get nowt...... so they say 😉

markismith50 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 08:12
The game isnít being streamed today

digitalsys (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 08:31
Apologies Smithy, I meant post match at some point in the future. Would not make sense to stream it

Cheers

markismith50 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 08:35
Iím not personally involved in our video output, my colleague Andrew Robson handles that side. Iím sure heíll consider it.

11 August, 2018 11:02
And the sun is shining! A great day for an afternoon of rugby...

11 August, 2018 13:25
Blimey...Calum chick looks like he's put some muscle on during the summer.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 13:48
And it hasn't affected his running, he won the 'Bronco' running test out of the entire squad when they did it a few weeks ago.

11 August, 2018 15:26
He's had a good game. I think he needed a few pounds on him glad to see they have done that.

Hes had a good physical game.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 16:18
Anyone at the game able to provide a summary? Who looked good/bad (if any) and any injuries?

11 August, 2018 17:12
Norfolk it was difficult to say really as there were changes to personal quite regularly.
There was a whole lot of fringe and academy lads on show. None of them embarrased themselves at all even some of the really young lads like Tom Marshall at number 8 who i thought played really well actually.

The best way I can describe it. I was sat with a few of the regulars around me and my thoughts were...im actually quite excited about this squad...its in good health, when you condsider we have the likes of the Wilson boys, Mark Wilson, Will Welch, Robinson etc etc all to come back in.

There were lapses in defence etc but that's more to do with unfamiliarity, inexperience etc.
Young Stevenson on the wing messed up a great break of his own and one on one. But again that was just inexperience. He'll learn from that one situation alone.

Of the individual players.

Tom Arscott, was very busy and looked like he will be a good signing for FB in the Prem. With him and Tait we're solid there...my jury is still out on Hammersley.

Calum Chick impressed me a lot. He looked bigger (more muscular) and you could see it improved his carrying and tackling. He looks like he comes from the Will Welch and Lewis Moody school of ignoring self preservation and putting their head where it hurts.

Tom Marshall showed that we might indeed have another good 8 coming along aswell...thought he showed up ok for his first senior falcons run out.

Radwan scored an exceptional solo try to enhance his claims. And I thought he showed up well defensively. Wacahokiecokie showed up well on the other wing when he was on.

Charlie Wilson showed up well at 12 when he came on. He'll need to put a few pounds on I think but he's got the ability.

Glen Young showed he's continuing to grow as a lock (excuse the pun). He's mobile and has pace.

The front rowers did ok. Blamire lost one against the head I think, but he's not the first and im sure he wont be the last hooker to do that.

Uzokwe was solid and made one bulldozing run in heavy traffic down the wing...he needs to learn to do more of that.
Collett seemed ok.

Gary Graham seemed to come off with a head or neck injury. It was right after he made a piledriver of a tackle so maybe it was a stinger.

Decent run out...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2018 17:21 by GeordieFalcon.

pityacker (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 17:14
As expected with the first run out and hosts of changes and lots of the recognised first choice missing some good stuff and some disjointed not so good but somewhere for the coaches to start but for sure big changes needed for Leinster next week. A nice day out in the sun.

aidanb (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 17:36
I saw Monkey after the game and my thoughts when asked were that we have a boat load of very good prospects out there and a lot to look forward to.

I liked a lot of what we saw out there including our front rows and back rows who did seem to carry well.

We also have a lot of pace outside now and it was good to see the new guys come in and look like a threat.

On a different note

I was just a little bit disappointed to hear a chap behind me continually refer to George Wacokecoke as hokie cokie and Simon Uzokwe as Izzy wizzy.

No other player was renamed and it may be I was a little too sensitive but it felt like innate racism to me.

I appreciate that hokie cokie is a good rhyme but I would hate for it to be racism.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 17:47
Pronounced Wa-tho-kay-tho-kay, for those wondering. The Ďthí sound the same as as in Ďalthoughí

Similarly, ĎTha-vum-batií for ĎCavubatií.

alas (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 17:48
Left a lot of room for improvement, especially the handling and breakdown work.

aidanb (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 18:53
Quote:
alas

It did, didnít it !

But thatís to be expected of a first out game against a proper opposition who want to do their own thing rather than train

Plus some of those guys were stepping into the Falcons pitch for the first time as a senior Falcons player.

11 August, 2018 19:11
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
alas

It did, didnít it !

But thatís to be expected of a first out game against a proper opposition who want to do their own thing rather than train

Plus some of those guys were stepping into the Falcons pitch for the first time as a senior Falcons player.

Exactly.

I think at one stage I counted about 7 players Under 22 or 23 years of age on the pitch, as well as very raw players in terms of falcons appearances.

That will affect your performance. But the important thing is most of them still showed up well in the general basics.

Leinster will be a big step up, but the squad in general ....Lots of potential to work with that's for sure!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 19:22
There were balls passed to space, players obviously out of the position they were expected to be in both in attack & defence, and handling whoopsies in tackles, all to be expected at this stage of pre-season. Despite all this, a lot of players were chucked together in combinations that they are obviously not used to, yet they showed some great stuff. Most encouraging from me was the zip & zest on show, hungry players eager to get involved.

We have some exciting & keen as mustard options out there for the match day 23. If it all comes together we could have some very entertaining & very effective rugby being played this season.

All in all a good afternoon out.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 19:53
Quote:
aidanb
I saw Monkey after the game and my thoughts when asked were that we have a boat load of very good prospects out there and a lot to look forward to.
I liked a lot of what we saw out there including our front rows and back rows who did seem to carry well.

We also have a lot of pace outside now and it was good to see the new guys come in and look like a threat.

On a different note

I was just a little bit disappointed to hear a chap behind me continually refer to George Wacokecoke as hokie cokie and Simon Uzokwe as Izzy wizzy.

No other player was renamed and it may be I was a little too sensitive but it felt like innate racism to me.

I appreciate that hokie cokie is a good rhyme but I would hate for it to be racism.

Where were you sat/stood?

Osric (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 07:11
Enjoyable afternoon out. Can't read too much into it as the following were missing:

Welsh J
Wilson x2
Cooper
McGuigan
Robinson
Wilson M
Welsh W
Nagusa?

Takulua
Harris
Sinoti
Goneva

Graham G x2 - one played but for only a few minutes

I'm sure I've missed some.

dick g (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 07:27
Quote:
aidanb

On a different note

It wasn't me. But these are the sort of nicknames I might use. They are not racist unless they are intended to be.

aidanb (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 07:50
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
aidanb

On a different note

It wasn't me. But these are the sort of nicknames I might use. They are not racist unless they are intended to be.

I agree it may not have been racism but it did show at least a lack of respect. However non of the white players were suitably monickered

12 August, 2018 08:17
Yeah I think he's just new to some falcons fans, breaking through this season so a few were having a little chuckle at his name rightly or wrongly.

But I don't think there was any racism intended, indeed many of those having a laugh were very loud in praising his performance on the pitch aswell....and Uzokwe also ( I didn't hear anyone laughing at his name)

I would like to think the falcons crowd are a jovial crowd but not a rasict one.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 10:43
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
aidanb

On a different note

I agree it may not have been racism but it did show at least a lack of respect. However non of the white players were suitably monickered

I would suspect if the two players mentioned were white their names would have been treated in exactly the same way.

dick g (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 11:59
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
aidanb

On a different note

I would suspect if the two players mentioned were white their names would have been treated in exactly the same way.

How about Radweld as I call Adam.

aidanb (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 12:56
Always good to have this debate.

Would hate to sit and listen to some old racist ranting on as if itís acceptable.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 13:11
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
aidanb

On a different note

How about Radweld as I call Adam.

And loads call Rady. How long has Joe Launchbury been called Joe Lunchbury? But it's a silly point as there are plenty of players of all colours who are called by their proper names and plenty who aren't.

Why not do what I do and just think of them as players and not even consider what colour they are? I find that works well in life in general.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2018 13:15 by samlee99.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 18:13
I think Radwan looks phenomenal. He surely will get plenty of game time this term. One on one he is as good as anyone (yes, anyone) at beating defenders. Incredible talent!

I really like the look of uzokwe too and waocokecoke has a great pair of feet.

Bettancourt looked useful too. Picked some lines and timed passes well.

Arscott perhaps trying to hard? He will be a good acquisition I am sure and does want to make things happen.

I am disappointed Cowell is at Doncaster with Dawson. Both are players I think have huge potential. I understand they are dual registered?

Overall the performance was pretty poor...but the players deserved a switch off and a holiday so i am sure they will get up to speed over coming weeks.

Robs (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 18:41
Quote:
aidanb
achap behind me continually refered to George Wacokecoke as hokie cokie .

Naaa some of us on the East Terrace are calling him Geordie Waco
Or just Geordie for short!!

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 20:26
I think either name is better than the 'dismal' moniker that James Grindal was called on this site for a while.

And Andy Goode, has been known as Andy Food before now.

Toby Flood is Noah.

Clearly if the player himself hears it and dislikes it then people should refrain, but otherwise these things often show a sign or endearment.

It's only racist if it's intended in a denigrating or derogatory sense, which it doesn't appear to be from the sound of things.

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
12 August, 2018 22:28
To suggest that 'hokie cokie' or 'izzy wizzy' is racist is perhaps one of the most ludicrous things I've heard ever on this forum - especially with no back up to support the assertion it is (quote) 'innate racism'

I expect the Press to stir things up and state that everything is racism but surely not an apparently sensible person on here (AidanB - I don't know you but your general postings suggest my belief that you are a sensible person to be true.....)

There is not a racist molecule in my body and I did use the nickname 'hokie cokie' in quiet conversation with someone else...... purely as I was unable to pronounce George's name. If that makes me a racist I despair!!!

When I first read the post last night I was incredulous, now I'm just sad that we've come to the point that the default position seems to be anything said by a white person about a coloured/black person (sorry I don't know what the politically correct term is these days) is automatically deemed racist.

Samlee might not be everyone's favourite person given recent postings (!) but I think he makes eminent sense with comments like:
'I would suspect if the two players mentioned were white their names would have been treated in exactly the same way.' and
'Why not do what I do and just think of them as players and not even consider what colour they are? I find that works well in life in general.'

100% agreed

The biggest problem with the default position that everything is racist is that people get sick of it and real racist behaviour gets missed.

dick g (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 07:25
As I mentioned earlier, a name is only racist if it is intended to be. This does not apply to a word like @#$%& which has always been used in a negative way since it appeared in the 19th Century. By the way, I have always called Takalua Ticky-Tacky. The overwhelming majority of nicknames we give players are affectionate. I have always enjoyed devising them. Noah for Toby F is one of my most successful. I will work on suitable monickers for our newcomers over the next few weeks.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 07:32
Blimey CD, don't hold back, get it off your chest.
(Sm105)

If you read Aidan's post again it is far from a dose of PC tub-thumping, he even said he was perhaps being a bit too sensitive but those were his thoughts at the time.

I think we can all agree that it was probably nothing, and it is at least positive that we would be aware if it did.

aidanb (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 08:40
I think you need to have a look at yourself Charlie Dog

Why on earth have a pop at Samlee when it was my questioning of a couple of nicknames which sparked a worry for me.

and just for you I've rephrased a small part of your post to reflect the tone of my initial post

"is it 'innate racism' "

It's a sad day when I can't post a thought or two about how some phrases we appearing to me. The chap I was sat next to also had the same query about how it appeared. If he felt I was would have told me not to worry

It's not my job to police the stands at KP but it's also a shame that I can't raise a worry.

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 09:36
For fear of the ĎI canít bleeding say anything I like and itís political correctness gone madí brigade jumping on me, I share your thoughts Aidan.

Whether itís racist or not, I donít know, but it does make me uncomfortable.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 11:59
Quote:
aidanb
I think you need to have a look at yourself Charlie Dog
Why on earth have a pop at Samlee when it was my questioning of a couple of nicknames which sparked a worry for me.

and just for you I've rephrased a small part of your post to reflect the tone of my initial post

"is it 'innate racism' "

It's a sad day when I can't post a thought or two about how some phrases we appearing to me. The chap I was sat next to also had the same query about how it appeared. If he felt I was would have told me not to worry

It's not my job to police the stands at KP but it's also a shame that I can't raise a worry.

If you read Charlie Dog's post properly I think you will find he didn't have "a pop" at me at all. Maybe you misinterpreted the rest of his post as well.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 12:05
Maybe you should let it rest since this has gone on a while now. We've got a new and exciting season to look forward to.

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
13 August, 2018 17:10
Quote:
lizard118
Maybe you should let it rest since this has gone on a while now. We've got a new and exciting season to look forward to.

Absolutely agree. I think a few people have misinterpreted my post (which I thought I had worded very carefully) but hey ho, no big deal

aidanb (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 06:16
I posted on another thread that I thought Cavubati had a great impact. It was good to see him taking ball into contact.

pityacker (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 08:16
For me personally Sam Stuart caught the eye , he was given a lot of minutes looked sharp and kept play going well he will be important if Michael Young is injured for the start of the season.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 08:21
Quote:
pityacker
For me personally Sam Stuart caught the eye , he was given a lot of minutes looked sharp and kept play going well he will be important if Michael Young is injured for the start of the season.

Or Takalua!

aidanb (IP Logged)
14 August, 2018 08:30
Quote:
pityacker

Yeah, he did

hopefully we are going into the season with 3 good scrum half's [depending upon injury etc]

14 August, 2018 09:57
The young SH did ok aswell..Elliot?

I thought Marshall showed up quite well at Number 8 aswell. I said earlier I thought Calum Chick was excellent. Really physical, something I criticised him quite a bit for previously.

With Burrows and Chick fighting out for that 8 spot and Mark Wilson able to cover and young Marshall getting a bit of exposure as well I think 8 isn't going to be the problem I actually thought it was going to be.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net