Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

NEW HOME SHIRT

Next two matches

Saturday 21 September 2019 v Jersey Reds at Stade Santander International, 3.00pm (Cup)

Sunday 29 September 2019 v Doncaster Knights at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Edinburgh v Falcons Team
Discussion started by aidanb , 23 August, 2018 12:03
Edinburgh v Falcons Team
aidanb 23 August, 2018 12:03

Re: Edinburgh v Falcons Team
aidanb 23 August, 2018 12:13
oh and here's some good news

Replacements

17 David Wilson

Falc Dancer 23 August, 2018 12:15
Quote:
aidanb
Replacements

17 David Wilson

Yes very. Still no sign of Scotty or Welsh or Kyle Cooper though which isnít good

GeordieFalcon 23 August, 2018 12:22
That could very well be the first choice back 5 this season!

aidanb 23 August, 2018 12:36
Quote:
Falc Dancer
Quote:
aidanb
Replacements

17 David Wilson

Yes very. Still no sign of Scotty or Welsh or Kyle Cooper though which isnít good

In George and Santi we have 2 very good hookers. When Kyle is back in contention it will be a massive contest.

Quote:
GeordieFalcon

I'm Sure Callum Green, Tevita Cavubati, Glen Young, Gary Graham, Connor Collett and Nemani Nagusa might want to dispute that and just goes to show what a good back 5 we also have

It's a strange old place to be going into the season feeling like we are properly on the front foot.

Leipziger 23 August, 2018 13:01
Can we all stop panicking about Lockwood too since since he's in the squad for Doncaster on Saturday?

GeordieFalcon 23 August, 2018 13:04
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
Falc Dancer
Quote:
aidanb
Replacements

17 David Wilson

In George and Santi we have 2 very good hookers. When Kyle is back in contention it will be a massive contest.

Quote:
GeordieFalcon

I'm Sure Callum Green, Tevita Cavubati, Glen Young, Gary Graham, Connor Collett and Nemani Nagusa might want to dispute that and just goes to show what a good back 5 we also have

It's a strange old place to be going into the season feeling like we are properly on the front foot.

I completely missed Green. He'd be first choice. But aside from him...if Deano had to put a team down...id put my mortgage on that back five..Witty out Green in.

However you are completely correct, we have some serious selection options now.

Shows how far we have come.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/08/2018 13:05 by GeordieFalcon.

Doddie's tartan trews 23 August, 2018 13:12
Edinburgh team to face Newcastle Falcons in pre-season at Kingston Park this Friday 24 August (kick-off 7.45pm)

15. Dougie Fife

14. Tom Brown

13. Mark Bennett

12. Matt Scott

11. Duhan van der Merwe

10. Jaco van der Walt

9. Henry Pyrgos

1. Pierre Schoeman

2. Stuart McInally CAPTAIN

3. Murray McCallum

4. Fraser McKenzie

5. Ben Toolis

6. Luke Hamilton

7. Hamish Watson

8. Bill Mata

Replacements: Allan Dell, WP Nel, Ross Ford, Callum Hunter-Hill, Callum Atkinson, Jamie Ritchie, Luke Crosbie, Senitiki Nayalo, Sean Kennedy, Jason Baggott, Jamie Farndale, Juan Pablo Socino, James Johnstone, Chris Dean, George Taylor, Jamie Hodgson, Charlie Shiel, Pietro Ceccarelli, Dave Cherry and Jack Blain.

Quality Edinburgh side . The battle of the back rows will be immense i really rate Watson.

Falc Dancer 23 August, 2018 13:25
Fraser Mckenzie and JPS return

Pool_falcon 23 August, 2018 14:05
Some really strong options in the back 5, we're looking good there. Hooker is possibly the best we've had in years, any of the 3 would be a great option.

AFalcon24 23 August, 2018 15:48
Very strong team there looking forward to this one. smiling smiley

NorfolkFalcon 23 August, 2018 19:34
Both of our sides over the weekend look great. We have strength and depth in numbers.

Radwan has a great chance to stake his claim against Saracens.

Andy Mac 23 August, 2018 19:50
I liked the team announcement on instagram, smithy. Nice way of doing it, I thought.

markismith50 23 August, 2018 20:32
Thatís the handiwork of my colleague Andrew Robson, Andy Mac. I canít take the credit, Iíve been in London all day at the Prem launch.

Marco19819 24 August, 2018 02:41
Quote:
Andy Mac
I liked the team announcement on instagram, smithy. Nice way of doing it, I thought.

Agree! Fantastic!!!

dick g 24 August, 2018 07:26
Quote:
markismith50
Thatís the handiwork of my colleague Andrew Robson, Andy Mac. I canít take the credit, Iíve been in London all day at the Prem launch.

Your presence easily spans 270 miles.

aidanb 24 August, 2018 09:55
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
markismith50

is that journo speak for lay off the pies ?????

dick g 24 August, 2018 13:52
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
markismith50

is that journo speak for lay off the pies ?????

Why would the pot suggest the kettle is miscoloured?

Cumbrian_falcon 24 August, 2018 15:05
Is there any commentary for the game tonight?

Running Rugby 24 August, 2018 16:06
I have liked the way the falcons coaching staff have picked the sides so far for pre season, a good blend of youth and experience, giving the new academy lads plenty of chances to impress, and giving them the chance to play alongside seasoned players at the club, which can only be good for the long term.

Also putting two sides out such as these, shows the depth we have at the club and bodes well for the upcoming season.

Brilliant news to see Davy Wilson back on the Falcons bench. He has been very unlucky with injuries since re-signing and deserves a good run in the side, or coming from the bench, as he is a major asset when fit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/08/2018 16:31 by Running Rugby.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net