rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 16 November v Harlequins at Twickenham Stoop, 7.45pm

Friday 23 November v Bath Rugby at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 22-7 Bath Rugby

Scott Wilson retires
aidanb (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 08:58
injury

damn it

good luck to him

Re: Scott Wilson retires
aidanb (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 08:59

aidanb (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 09:00
Ive loved my time at the Falcons, I thought of it as my club even before I started in the academy here and that will never change.

rubyrhone (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 09:04
Bad news for us but worse still for Scott. Such a shame - all the best for what ever the future holds.

Oneforthefatboys (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 09:08
Nightmare from such a young age he looked like a class international player. Good luck Scott

steve1888 (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 09:08
Gutted for him , lovely lad !

pityacker (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 09:16
Looked like a future international by he was 20 year old but sadly has had long spells out injured in his young carreer , best of luck Scott in whatever you decide to do.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 09:41
Awful news for the lad and the club. Really looked to a be a future England Int a few years back but countless injuries must have crushed him.

All the best Scotty, thanks for everything.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 09:52
Very sad news this, still young for a prop as well.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 10:43
Real shame for Scott after he finally got a decent run last season, but you can't take any chances with the neck I suppose especially as a prop, and perhaps the accumulation of injuries has become too much. Good luck to him in whatever comes next though.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 10:47
Really sad news, the lad has buckets of talent and at 24 was yet to peak
Good luck in the future Scotty

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 11:48
Yeah ill just echo above...very sad news. Cant help thinking it was some what inevitable recently.

Good luck for the future.

Osric (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 13:18
All the very best Scott in whatever you may do in the future. Thanks.

Running Rugby (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 15:02
Gutted for Scotty, as he would have surely been a shoe in for a world cup spot had he stayed fit and had a full season under his belt this season. Very sad for the lad, but it is in his best interests health and well being wise.

Best of luck to Scotty in the future, whatever he decides to do. You never know, he could even end up coaching at Blaydon, Tynedale, Mowden Park etc, or he could even get some sort of job within the Falcons set up.

Whatever happens, good luck to the lad and thanks for all of the hard work he has put in.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 16:39
I feel very sad about this. A real talent and such a shame. It was another horrific injury against exeter.

I wish scott all the best for the future.

DB23 (IP Logged)
24 August, 2018 17:15
Very disappointing that his rugby career has been cut short but can take consolation that he is leaving the sport relatively intact and can pursue another career.
Best of luck Scott

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
25 August, 2018 03:47
Awful news for the lad. Good luck to him for the future.

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
25 August, 2018 11:04
Just to echo what everyone has said, very sad news, especially for someone who was obviously destined for the top. Makes you realise how lucky Bobby etc were being able to retire on their own terms.

Hits home that every player from every club is only an injury away from their career being over.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
26 August, 2018 07:14
Sorry to hear this, glad hes had the advice in time and wish him well

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
26 August, 2018 09:54
I don't want to be off...but I wonder how Davy Wilson is as Well...the lad just can't seem to stay fit..

Cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
26 August, 2018 11:43
Such a shame he never took a backwards step in the shirt. A really nice bloke off the field too. Scotty you will be missed, I hope the club does something for him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net