rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 21 September v Exeter Chiefs at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Friday 28 September v Wasps at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Worcester Warriors 20-23 Newcastle Falcons

Falcons v Sarries teams
aidanb (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 11:48
can be found here

Re: Falcons v Sarries teams
aidanb (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 11:49
Newcastle Falcons team to play Saracens (Sunday, 3pm, Kingston Park Stadium)

15 Simon Hammersley

14 Vereniki Goneva

13 Chris Harris

12 Josh Matavesi

11 Adam Radwan

10 Toby Flood

9 Sonatane Takulua

1 Sami Mavinga

2 George McGuigan

3 Logovi'i Mulipola

4 Calum Green

5 Will Witty

6 Mark Wilson

7 Will Welch (captain)

8 Callum Chick

Replacements

16 Santiago Socino

17 Adam Brocklebank

18 Jack Payne

19 Tevita Cavubati

20 Gary Graham

21 Sam Stuart

22 Joel Hodgson

23 Alex Tait

Referee: Ian Tempest

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 11:56
I like it!
A lot of pressure on the replacement props with no Lockwood Wilson or Welsh fit
Good balance within the XV
No Sinoti is a surprise though

aidanb (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 11:57
Saracens

FORWARDS: Mako Vunipola (144), Jamie George (196), Vincent Koch (39), Maro Itoje (94), Will Skelton (25), Mike Rhodes (69), Ben Earl (16), Jackson Wray (201).

BACKS: Ben Spencer (132), Owen Farrell (174), Sean Maitland (42), Brad Barritt (223), Alex Lozowski (60), David Strettle (138), Alex Goode (261).

REPLACEMENTS: Christopher Tolofua (17), Richard Barrington (136), Juan Figallo (90), Nick Isiekwe (35), Sione Vailanu (4), Richard Wigglesworth (210), Nick Tompkins (69), Alex Lewington (0).

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 12:01
Quote:
aidanb
Saracens
FORWARDS: Mako Vunipola (144), Jamie George (196), Vincent Koch (39), Maro Itoje (94), Will Skelton (25), Mike Rhodes (69), Ben Earl (16), Jackson Wray (201).

BACKS: Ben Spencer (132), Owen Farrell (174), Sean Maitland (42), Brad Barritt (223), Alex Lozowski (60), David Strettle (138), Alex Goode (261).

REPLACEMENTS: Christopher Tolofua (17), Richard Barrington (136), Juan Figallo (90), Nick Isiekwe (35), Sione Vailanu (4), Richard Wigglesworth (210), Nick Tompkins (69), Alex Lewington (0).

That 23 is crazy and still has players missing

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 12:35
Will be a tough game, so good to have the rugby season starting again. smiling smiley

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 12:38
Pretty much as expected for us.

I still prefer Alex Tait to Hammersley and the jury is still very much out on Mavinga.

Is Burrows the no.8 injured?

DB23 (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 12:42
Will be pleased to get anything out of this one, Saracens are a difficult team to play against and would be delighted if we win.

Donít agree with some of the selections, I would have Tait and Graham in, but itís only Richardsí opinion that matters and we must have some injuries which have affected selection.

Excited and looking forward to it!

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 12:51
Is Sinotti injured?

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 13:42
Well my head is saying I would be happy with a point but my heart is hoping for 4.

Find the McGuigan selection starange. Would have thought santi would have started with copper injured. And Logo is gonna have to put in a hard shift in the scrum on Sunday (that sarries tight 5 could match any in the world)

dick g (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 14:27
Quck ball and speed, speed, speed. Simples!

lizard118 (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 14:36
This is the best time to play a strong team like Sarries. We're the home team and we should go with the mentality to win the game regardless of who the opposition are.
We have to concentrate on what we have to do to win the game. Start worrying about them and we give them the psychological edge.
Would've linked to see Gary Graham and Tait starting but then again I'm not Dean.
Otherwise good side all things considered. Let's not forget we had a number of injuries last season and the lads who came in just did their jobs. We can do it.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 14:41
Decent team, looking forward to seeing Radwan in the Premiership. Logo is going to have to have a big game with our front row weakened. That is some Saracens team, on one hand I'm looking forward to watching them, on the other the Falcons will have to be at their very best to get anything!

steve1888 (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 16:29
Even more excited?

dick g (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 18:48
[quote Falcons_Thunder]Well my head is saying I would be happy with a point but my heart is hoping for 4.

Be bold. Let's settle for 5. Well, a man can dream.

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
31 August, 2018 18:59
Looking forward to this game on Sunday. Looks like you have a strong team and it should be a good game. All the best and hope you have a great season to back up the last one.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
01 September, 2018 07:17
Any of,the injured lads close to returning?

pityacker (IP Logged)
01 September, 2018 08:02
Thatís one almighty powerful Saracens forward pack that would give most international teams forwards a hard time and the backline not too shabby either therefore can only hope Fallcons catch them in an early season not quite up to speed game. Itís going to be a relentless season with the champions cup thrown into the equation and to get another top 4 place extremely difficult in fact a top 6 for me would be a real achievement but canít wait.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 16:43
Disappointing but we are playing the champions on a plus side the scrum looked very strong, when we get welsh and cooper back we could have a dominant scrum. I think we still need a creative centre. Tigers next week will be a hard game made harder by them being embarrassed by Exeter

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 16:49
Gutted to not get anything from the game after matching the Champions for much of the game.

Some real positive signs though and we were very unlucky with Saracens just able to turn it on at vital moments.

Scrum (with the starters) went well and the lineout too. Pack held up well against a superb Sarries outfit and Radwan didn't look out of place.

Not sure Chick is suited to that 8 role, but it's early days. We should be there or there abouts if we improve on today's performance.

02 September, 2018 16:50
Argh!!! How didnít we get something out of that game!?

At 21-22 with 2 sin bins we should have seized control, created momentum and got some points. Why didnít we bring all of the replacements on as soon as they went down to 13? The likes of Mulipola, Takelua, Flood were all out on their feet and we needed fresh legs.

I thought that the officials may have been including in Sarries over inflated salary cap based on his performance today.

Both sides were no where near at their best and we can definitely improve.

There were still some positives. McGuigan was my man of the match, fantastic game. All action, completed all lines including a few specials. He never stopped. Chick played well too, made some good runs, crucial turnover on our line.

02 September, 2018 16:53
Oh and also agree on the scrum. Iíve been a big critic in the past but much improved today. Although we were deemed to wheel, we were actually pushing Saracens back for their own scrum and managed to get a penalty against them.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 16:59
Agree Norfolk. Credit were credit is due, the first choice front row held up really well against a well oiled Sarries scrum. Big step down in the quality of the benches and it showed, hopefully we'll get Welsh and Lockwood back soon.

AB (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 17:13
[

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 17:22 by AB.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 17:21
Even though I am on holiday I was still following the game, was always going to be a tough ask no easy games in this league. smiling smiley

AB (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 17:21
Quote:
AB
Quote:
NorfolkFalcon
Argh!!! How didnít we get something out of that game!?
At 21-22 with 2 sin bins we should have seized control, created momentum and got some points. Why didnít we bring all of the replacements on as soon as they went down to 13? The likes of Mulipola, Takelua, Flood were all out on their feet and we needed fresh legs.

I thought that the officials may have been including in Sarries over inflated salary cap based on his performance today.

Both sides were no where near at their best and we can definitely improve.

There were still some positives. McGuigan was my man of the match, fantastic game. All action, completed all lines including a few specials. He never stopped. Chick played well too, made some good runs, crucial turnover on our line.

Think with respect that comment about over inflated salary cap is uncalled for- in same way that we have very few South Africans- it smacks of sour grapes and spoils your argument. it could have gone either way when it was 21-22 but overall we showed great composure. Think it was an unfair that you didn't get a deserved bonus point and I don't think many teams will come away with 5 points at your home. it was a very tough game and we showed more resilience - Best of luck for the future and I am sure you will end up in the top six

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 17:23 by AB.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 17:38
A frustrating performance but there was plenty to be happy about in there
The Tompkins yellow should have been a red (he socred the winning try?) Contact to the face is a red card, Itoje gets away with all sorts.
I canít comment on the Goneva try as I havenít seen the full picture again
Sarries are champions for a reason, the play on the line and know how to grind out the results when the going is tough, credit to them
The scrum was a big improvement today and thereís plenty to comeback into the squad yet

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 18:03
Going off what the ref said in his chat with the TMO, the initial contact (and thus the impact and contact with the actual elbow) was at the base of the neck and it then ran upwards.

That backs with my own (admittedly red & black-shaded!) viewpoint.

I don't think Goneva was breaking the law in any way (I think the grumbling by my team that it's so against the game's values as to be a foul is a bit off). I would say that since the ref can only judge off what he sees, if your dummy prevents everyone from seeing then obviously he'll blow the whistle.

That notwithstanding, Goneva was once again a great player - I'm a big fan of Sarrie's wingers, but I'd love to have him ourselves.

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

02 September, 2018 18:18
Sorry but I thought we gave that one to Saracens with an absolutely toothless, unimaginative attacking game .

We had lots of possession and were utterly unintelligent in attack.

trummy200 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 19:06
Deserved a losing bonus point at least. Niki's slight of hand/foot was brilliant - perhaps too good, but surely no different than feigning a pass? Ref totally wrong saying it was against the spirit of the game. A lot to be optimistic about.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 19:08
Quote:
Squawker2
Going off what the ref said in his chat with the TMO, the initial contact (and thus the impact and contact with the actual elbow) was at the base of the neck and it then ran upwards.
That backs with my own (admittedly red & black-shaded!) viewpoint.

I don't think Goneva was breaking the law in any way (I think the grumbling by my team that it's so against the game's values as to be a foul is a bit off). I would say that since the ref can only judge off what he sees, if your dummy prevents everyone from seeing then obviously he'll blow the whistle.

That notwithstanding, Goneva was once again a great player - I'm a big fan of Sarrie's wingers, but I'd love to have him ourselves.

I am not sure the laws allow for an elbow to the neck. It should have been a red card. I have spoken to a Saracens fan in the pub post match, he was a great fella, he to said it was a red card offence

Robs (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 19:09
Quite surprised that there hasn't been much said about the refs decision to haul Goneva back following Farrells botched drop goal
I was in touch with a mate watching it on BT Sport and he said Goneva clearly placed the ball on his foot rather than the ground
For me the ref made a blooper that cost 7 points

02 September, 2018 19:14
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
Sorry but I thought we gave that one to Saracens with an absolutely toothless, unimaginative attacking game .

so taking the above how would you improve it? against one of the outstanding defensive units in European rugby?

from my viewpoint behind the posts in s stand. sarries offered very few holes and covered kicks well.
just asking to see what you do to fix it

Osric (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 19:15
Forward pass for penultimate Sarries try?

DB23 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 19:16
We didnít create a whole lot in attack but were suffocated by Saracensí defence and their physicality.

You need to be error-free to get anything from Saracens. We made mistakes and they punished us with points.

Lots of heart and endeavour by us but Saracens were better, but not by much.

We will be ok this season and look forward to some winning performances.

1876-Fez (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 19:19
Quote:
Robs
Quite surprised that there hasn't been much said about the refs decision to haul Goneva back following Farrells botched drop goal
I was in touch with a mate watching it on BT Sport and he said Goneva clearly placed the ball on his foot rather than the ground
For me the ref made a blooper that cost 7 points

I have no gripe about the "dummy touchdown" but I don't think you can really blame the ref, Goneva was so good at it that he fooled the ref, who then called 22, once that is done can't let play go on.... perhaps too smart but I do like the audacity of it (Sm100)

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 19:27
Indeed! I thought while hearing it (and again while typing it) that an elbow in the neck sounded just as unpleasant, just repeating what Tempest said!

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

sarricen (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 19:30
Wouldíve had no gripes if Goneva scored but itís hard to blame the ref as the deception was so good it fooled him and given I donít think anyone has ever tried it before heíd hardly be on the lookout for it. Maybe your captain should have talked to the ref before the game to ask for Ďclarificationí over whether itís allowed so at least heíd have been aware

Calls for why shouldnít the TMO have been brought in (elsewhere, not here) are also a bit silly as the ref clearly blew his whistle, very early on, and you canít blame him for that. Once that happens then thatís that.

I did think Tompkins was very lucky not to get a red, but maybe also Goneva lucky not to get a yellow for charging into the ruck after the whistle had blown. Yes it hit his bum but still really bad and could still cause some damage, especially as thatís where a lot of forwards brains are located

aidanb (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 19:56
Quote:
sarricen
I did think Tompkins was very lucky not to get a red, but maybe also Goneva lucky not to get a yellow for charging into the ruck after the whistle had blown. Yes it hit his bum but still really bad and could still cause some damage, especially as thatís where a lot of forwards brains are located

admittedly I have only had a chance to see it once on the big screen in the ground but I thought he made the decision to go in a split second after the ref whistled and it could be suggested he was already committed to a clear out which would have been legal.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 20:27
1. I am pleasrd tompkins didn't receive a red. Its not basketball and i think we need to be sensible. Yellow correct.
2. Ref was terrible and we didn't get anythinf from him. They were repeatedly dangerous at the contact area and he only penalised them once
3. Their kicking game won the game
4. Mcguigs a revelation.
5. Chick was excellent
6. George try soft and if we had kicked the ball off the park at 10 9 and gone in at that score what a difference. Thier first try also lucky from a defensive rip.
7. Goneva dummy interesting but think it raises some questions about "spirit of the game" if he gets away with it. Its a little like a bowler whipping the bails off when the batsman is backing up in cricket!
8. Mark wilson a test match player. First class.
9. I really hope mulipola is ok
10. Front row first class and yes, rhe scrum was FANTASTIC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 20:28 by Marco19819.

Tom Paine (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 20:42
Don't worry, you've got an easy game next week.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 20:44
Quote:
Tom Paine
Don't worry, you've got an easy game next week.

Who's worried ? We won last time we were down there mate! Haha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 20:45 by Marco19819.

02 September, 2018 20:48
Did I miss Mulipola going off for an injury? Just thought he was taken off for tiredness? They didnít mention it on BT.

aidanb (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 21:10
Quote:
Marco19819
7. Goneva dummy interesting but think it raises some questions about "spirit of the game" if he gets away with it. Its a little like a bowler whipping the bails off when the batsman is backing up in cricket!

Which is also known as the batsman cheating and trying to steal runs

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 21:18
Quote:
Marco19819
1. I am pleasrd tompkins didn't receive a red. Its not basketball and i think we need to be sensible. Yellow correct.
2. Ref was terrible and we didn't get anythinf from him. They were repeatedly dangerous at the contact area and he only penalised them once
4. Mcguigs a revelation.
5. Chick was excellent
6. George try soft and if we had kicked the ball off the park at 10 9 and gone in at that score what a difference. Thier first try also lucky from a defensive rip.

Arenít points one and two a contradiction? Is an elbow to the face not dangerous enough?

Kingston Parker (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 21:39
Definitely forward pass for penultimate try. Wind may have partially caused it but it was caught at least 3 yards in front of the passer. Thought there was also another forward pass before their second try; short offload in front of West Stand.

Overall I thought we were much better than I expected and McGuigan was excellent as were rest of front row. Referee made 2 or 3 decisions that he then reversed which summed up his performance.

eebagum (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 21:46
Thought we played really well today and deserved to get something out of the game.
Just to add something which most of you will have missed....in the second half Brad Barritt
took a swig of water and threw the part empty bottle from the pitch,it headed towards us and crashed into the advertising boards.
Brad apologised at the time but more than that, he came over at the final whistle, apologised again and shook hands.
Just left feeling what a top bloke he is and demonstrates what a great game we follow, full of real sportsmen.
Thanks Brad.

02 September, 2018 23:10
Quote:
Doddie's tartan trews
Quote:
GeordieFalcon

so taking the above how would you improve it? against one of the outstanding defensive units in European rugby?

from my viewpoint behind the posts in s stand. sarries offered very few holes and covered kicks well.
just asking to see what you do to fix it

Well for one...I lost count how many times players took the ball standing still.

Often, Sarries defence was flat and right up and there was acres of space in behind. Where was the little chip over with players running through?

Once you start that you make Saracens defend slightly different to react to it.

Toby flood should have been looking at things liked that. The wind was in our favour in the first half. Why didnt flood put the ball in the north / east corner using the wind. Keep them pinned down there for a bit.

Also ..the pack. Once or twice they went to a basic pick and drive mode and they made huge ground that sucked in their forwards. Why didn't we try that more. Wilson scored a try with that very thing..straight through a ruck. They had so few defending all game it should have been tried more.

Rugby is about physicality and intelligence and I just don't think we showed much today.

That wasnt a great Saracens performance and I was frustrated as we could easily have beaten them. Many around me in the stands felt the same.

I just hope they look to fix it next week..as it was very similar to Edinburgh last week.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 23:22 by GeordieFalcon.

The Gambler (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 23:13
It was interesting to see Ian Tempest live up to the true spirit of the game today.
He has been clearly influenced by the Memorial plaque to William Webb Ellis at Rugby school who, according to the inscription "...with a fine disregard to the rules..." created the game. Normally it is the players who continue this tradition, now that we have a referee so determined to do so too, will he start a trend?

02 September, 2018 23:15
Error

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 23:18 by GeordieFalcon.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 08:25
I felt the same way as Geordie Falcon - you know Sarries are very strong defensively but there was space in behind and we didn't try to exploit it. A chip or grubber for Radwan to chase would have given him more chance than running him into two-man tackles.

End of the first half there was a load of space behind we could have kicked down to the corner and asked them to play out from there for the last two minutes.

I thought we were one dimensional and lacking in ideas in attack - it was like the Gloucester game last year.

aidanb (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 11:43
Quote:
sarricen
Wouldíve had no gripes if Goneva scored but itís hard to blame the ref as the deception was so good it fooled him and given I donít think anyone has ever tried it before heíd hardly be on the lookout for it. Maybe your captain should have talked to the ref before the game to ask for Ďclarificationí over whether itís allowed so at least heíd have been aware
Calls for why shouldnít the TMO have been brought in (elsewhere, not here) are also a bit silly as the ref clearly blew his whistle, very early on, and you canít blame him for that. Once that happens then thatís that.

I do blame the ref for making a very basic mistake and then covering it up with an accusation against one of our players.

We all know the TMO is there and can be used. He should not have blown his whistle but should have let the play develop. He could then come back and ask if that ball was grounded or dummied. The dummy is allowed in rugby as is the concept of advantage / play on

Tempest had a very poor game all round yesterday.

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 12:46
Thought we again showed a lot of the never-say-die spirit and talent that took us so far last season and gave Sarries a tougher time than they will get in many places.

I also thought we missed the wise old heads of Vickers and Hoggie towards the end and would be very happy if we signed a battle scarred No.8 to see us through the final minutes of coming close encounters

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 12:52
Thought we again showed a lot of the never-say-die spirit and talent that took us so far last season and gave Sarries a tougher time than they will get in many places.

I also thought we missed the wise old heads of Vickers and Hoggie towards the end and would be very happy if we signed a battle scarred No.8 to see us through the final minutes of coming close encounters

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 13:36
I left KP pretty chuffed that we stood up well to a very tough opposition.

upwardonward (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 14:02
Well I enjoyed the game but not the result of course.
IMO the pack fronted up well, with huge shifts from the front row and George Mc, who was my MOM, along with Wilson and Welch.Welch also topped the tackling stats of 17 against the nearest other,who was "eat me I am chocolate" Itoje on 14.

Puzzling why Sinotti was not in the squad,as we really need his strength and running power.

I know one incident does not cost you the game but the Flood missed penalty, which was his easiest of them all would have at a crucial time brought us to within one point. The crowd would have been up even more,after that superb try from Mark and I am sure would have lifted the players again.
The miss was deflating to both crowd and team and they then KO and go score a try. However I thought Flood kicked well and did not have bad game,apart from that miss tbh. But hey ho that's rugby. He is still a class act and put in a good shift.

Having watched the match again on BT,I loved it when Welch went for the corner when pundits were saying take the 3 points on offer.We then go from the lineout and score a try.(Sm152).Love it when you back your players .Nice one Captain.

Great atmosphere and bums on seats material was that.

Super shift from everyone involved and that's what the fans want to see.

mannin (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 18:26
Biggest issue in the try that pretty much settled the game was the blatant knock-on by Wigglesworth right in front of Tempest which he claimed went backwards. That was before the very questionable final pass.

Surprised no-one has mentioned Mavinga who had the better of Koch and Figallo. Think we left Mulipola on 15m too long and lost momentum at the scrum last part of the game.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 18:50
Quote:
mannin
Biggest issue in the try that pretty much settled the game was the blatant knock-on by Wigglesworth right in front of Tempest which he claimed went backwards. That was before the very questionable final pass.
Surprised no-one has mentioned Mavinga who had the better of Koch and Figallo. Think we left Mulipola on 15m too long and lost momentum at the scrum last part of the game.

Just heard about this knock on watching BBC Look North. When itís not your day itís not your day

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 19:26
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
Marco19819

Which is also known as the batsman cheating and trying to steal runs

Well, its not is it? D

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 19:28
Don't think so. There's a difference between people making nasty and deliberate late hits at contactzone and a young kid accidentally making contact with the head. Just my opinion, falc.

Quote:
Falc Dancer
Quote:
Marco19819
4. Mcguigs a revelation.
5. Chick was excellent

Arenít points one and two a contradiction? Is an elbow to the face not dangerous enough?

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 19:29
Quote:
The Gambler
It was interesting to see Ian Tempest live up to the true spirit of the game today.
He has been clearly influenced by the Memorial plaque to William Webb Ellis at Rugby school who, according to the inscription "...with a fine disregard to the rules..." created the game. Normally it is the players who continue this tradition, now that we have a referee so determined to do so too, will he start a trend?

Hahaa an excellent point!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net