rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 16 November v Harlequins at Twickenham Stoop, 7.45pm

Friday 23 November v Bath Rugby at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 22-7 Bath Rugby

Semesa Goneva?
lizard118 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2018 20:36
Is this a new signing? Apparently a Newcastle Falcons player according to Daily Mail.

Re: Semesa Goneva?
Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 08:44
Daily Fail

lizard118 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 09:24
Just shows you the levels of journalism at some of these so called papers. Really poor show.

telfs123 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 10:17
My favourite from the last week was the Telegraph which put out a predicted best XV for every team this season.
Falcons has Vickers and Hogg in, with no Green, Welch or Flood. At least make an effort...

eebagum (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 10:33
Aye, standards of journalism have gone right down the pan. It's said (Private Eye)that reporters rarely get out of the office these days - and just trawl the Internet for 'stories' to fill the page up.Maybe why Smithy joined the Falcons so he wasn't tarred with the same brush!

dick g (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 15:56
Quote:
eebagum
Aye, standards of journalism have gone right down the pan. It's said (Private Eye)that reporters rarely get out of the office these days - and just trawl the Internet for 'stories' to fill the page up.Maybe why Smithy joined the Falcons so he wasn't tarred with the same brush!

Sad, but very true. I am glad I escaped from journalism unscathed. Things are seriously bad. Occasionally however it is still possible to find proper journalism.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 20:26
Yes it seems as though the profession is rather too effective in Myanmar....

MarchingIn (IP Logged)
03 September, 2018 20:40
Anthony Sinoti and Sinoti Watson are great wingers too!

Leipziger (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 07:17
At least they didn't add in "Known as Roko to his mates". No surprise really that these things happen, it's only once or twice a year that the tabloids even pretend to care about pro club rugby.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 09:33
To be fair, nobody wants to pay for newspapers these days, so they don't invest in proper journalists. If people wanted to pay for a quality product then professional journalists would still have jobs & would serve up decent quality articles, but in these days of click-bait online advertising instead of people actually paying for the product, you have to accept the dross that is served up.

You get what you don't pay for.

To be honest, I am amazed that some people still do buy newspapers these days. I suppose it is just habit, mainly by old people, but eventually the printed paper will probably vanish unless something changes in a major way.

dick g (IP Logged)
04 September, 2018 11:49
Quote:
Monkey1
To be fair, nobody wants to pay for newspapers these days, so they don't invest in proper journalists. If people wanted to pay for a quality product then professional journalists would still have jobs & would serve up decent quality articles, but in these days of click-bait online advertising instead of people actually paying for the product, you have to accept the dross that is served up.
You get what you don't pay for.

To be honest, I am amazed that some people still do buy newspapers these days. I suppose it is just habit, mainly by old people, but eventually the printed paper will probably vanish unless something changes in a major way.

I'm an old person and so buy and read a paper every day. But Monk is broadly right. This is not the place for a protracted debate in the issue, however there is a serious problem about democracy. Who will hold power to account?

I am away for a month so carry on the debate without me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net