rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 16 November v Harlequins at Twickenham Stoop, 7.45pm

Friday 23 November v Bath Rugby at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 22-7 Bath Rugby

ref/sir
nook10 (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 19:04
Like I said in a previous thread about jp in the Edinburgh game. Referees are costing us points with poor decisions at crucial moments in the game and it is not down to how we play or read the game.

Re: ref/sir
joefrog (IP Logged)
14 September, 2018 20:19
Very difficult and thankless job. They try their best, make some mistakes like all of us and at the end of the season it will probably all even out.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 07:40
I have been watching rugby for a very long time, and I have no doubt whatsoever that the standards are the highest that they have ever been. Add to that, on most occasions when I have been spitting feathers at a dreadfully unfair decision from the officials, when I have seen the TV highlights later it transpires that I (a long way away & in a useless position) have been wrong and the official (in the right place to see properly) has been right. I then eat humble pie for the umpteenth time.

Due to the above I don't tend to bash the refs these days, I just appreciate what they do a lot more than I used to.

What's the betting that if we lose today, Barnes will have had a very bad days at the office, but if we win he will have been one of the finest referees ever to grace a pitch with his whistle.

exhooker (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 09:09
I think there is a parallel with cricket monkey in that the DRS review system has shown just how good the umpires are.

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
15 September, 2018 10:57
Good post Monkey.

Referees are only human so it is enivitable there will be the odd error, however if we analysed any performances I bet they get a heck of a lot more right than wrong. What you need to do is take the referee out of the game (not literally!) by making sure you take your chances when they arise so any tight decision should donít have as much of an impact. Best example of this I can think of was Glasgow v Exeter last season where Exeter butchered so many chances but the referee took the flak for some iffy calls.

I do always chuckle when the referee is blamed for a defeat but never credited for a win. What we donít want is as in football where you have a load of idiot pundits who slaughter a referee having first seen about 20 different camera angles of a very tight call.

Today, we wont lose because of Barnsey and we wonít win because of him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net