rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 16 December v Edinburgh Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.15pm

Sunday 23 December v Gloucester Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Edinburgh Rugby 31-13 Newcastle Falcons

Teams for Sale
Leipziger (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 10:47
Young in for Takulua, Burrows, Davy Wilson and Cooper onto the bench. Two evenly-matched teams I think, so it'll be tough but no reason we can't win.

Offy

15 Simon Hammersley
14 Vereniki Goneva
13 Chris Harris
12 Johnny Williams
11 Sinoti Sinoti
10 Toby Flood
9 Michael Young
1 Adam Brocklebank
2 George McGuigan
3 Logovi'i Mulipola
4 Calum Green
5 Tevita Cavubati
6 Gary Graham
7 Will Welch (captain)
8 Mark Wilson
Replacements
16 Kyle Cooper
17 Sami Mavinga
18 David Wilson
19 Will Witty
20 Ryan Burrows
21 Sonatane Takulua
22 Joel Hodgson
23 Tom Penny

Sale Sharks
15 Sam James
14 Byron McGuigan
13 Luke James
12 Rohan Janse van Rensburg
11 Marland Yarde
10 AJ MacGinty
9 Will Cliff
1 Ross Harrison
2 Rob Webber
3 WillGriff John
4 Bryn Evans
5 James Phillips
6 Jono Ross (captain)
7 Tom Curry
8 Josh Strauss
Replacements
16 Curtis Langdon
17 Alexandru Tarus
18 Joe Jones
19 Andrei Ostrikov
20 Josh Beaumont
21 Gus Warr
22 Mark Jennings
23 James OíConnor

Referee: Tom Foley

Re: Teams for Sale
NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 10:57
Really happy with the side. Great to see some reinforcements back on the bench especially Kyle Cooper.

Itíll be a good game against a strong team. Rain should clear up a few hours before kick off too.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 11:01
Wow that's some impact from the bench!!

More of the same please from Messers Hammersley and Sinotti...outstanding rugby last week from them.

05 October, 2018 11:03
Hammersley has been phenomenal in the last couple of games. Heís had a difficult couple of seasons but feels like heís getting back to his form from his breakout season.

alas (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 11:37
The bench didn't really deliver for the Falcons against Wasps. This bench looks stronger, especially in the forwards.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 11:41
Our pack looks a bit stronger but there's some crazy options in that Sale backline. Great bench for us, c'mon lads!

pityacker (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 12:22
As already said the bench is getting stronger as we get players back from injury but really surprised that they have brought Michael Young straight in and dropped Tane Takulua to the bench.

aidanb (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 13:08
Quote:
pityacker
As already said the bench is getting stronger as we get players back from injury but really surprised that they have brought Michael Young straight in and dropped Tane Takulua to the bench.

I think we have to keep looking at the bigger picture in these things.

Tane came back late from the summer internationals and thus has a rushed pre season with us whereby it would have been better for him to have a break and then be ready about now.

I think the Young selection isn't about one being better than the other but more about workloads.

That applies across the park.

DeceptivePace (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 13:09
This season more than ever, it has to be a case of squad rotation rather than being dropped. Some teams may be able to field the same starting 15 every week, but I trust Dean's squad management.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 13:36
That's an awesome team! As mentioned good bench too. Need to do a job on Sale. Now only Welsh and Lockwood and we're all set. C'mon you Falcons!!

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 14:51
I think this game could be the key one for the season. We need to get back in the winning habit.

Osric (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 15:09
Itís be great to get a win, of course, but weíll be fine this season, finishing between 5 and 8, I guess.

Running Rugby (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 15:22
Good to see Micky (or Michael as he now prefers), back in the starting fifteen. For me he is a better natural half back partner for Mr Flood. Don't get me wrong, Takulua is an outstanding player, but he is better suited to a fast paced ten, like Hodgson, or the incoming Sweil.

Also great to see Kyle Cooper back in the 23. McGuigan has been excellent this season, and we now have two (or three, with Socino Jr), quality hookers at our disposal.

Should be a good game against an underrated Sale side, who will cause us problems. I am a big fan of their fly half, AJ MacGinty, a vastly underrated player.

Question, where is Nemani Nagusa? I know he has played for the A team a few times, so is he not fit or not deemed good enough to be part of the matchday squad in the premiership.

Also Is Josh Matavesi injured?, he seems to have vanished these last few games.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2018 15:28 by Running Rugby.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 15:30
Josh M is out for a few months with injury if I remember right.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 15:44
Nemani made his comeback on Monday, Josh is injured.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 16:42
Quote:
pityacker
really surprised that they have brought Michael Young straight in and dropped Tane Takulua to the bench.

Snap. I would have expected Michael off the bench after not playing so far this season. Strong team, strong bench

Oneforthefatboys (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 17:46
Tane has played well and should start in my opinion. I think heís a better all round player than young

RiponFalcon (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 18:04
Personally I would go for Tane over Michael but I accept the difference is not massive. There is also the issue of workload and Tane has had a hard summer and played a lot of minutes already. I also wonder if place kicking comes into the selection. Tane is our second best kicker so I wonder if there is a plan for him to play nearer the end of games when Toby may be off the pitch

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 19:05
I suspect that some people are struggling to get used to the idea of squad rotation & sensible player management. Just because a player such as Tane is moved to the bench, or perhaps not in the 23 at all one week, does not necessarily mean he has been 'dropped' or is out of favour, lower down some sort of nonsensical pecking order, given the Andrew Elbow, injured, or is on his way to another club.

We don't have the long periods of soft European games that we have been used to for years in the Micky Mouse Cup, we have a long old season to get through, and that is going to involve a lot more players getting game time at the top level. More players have to be kept fresh, so they need competitive game time to do so. Those players have to see us through more competitive games too, so they need to be managed. If you just stupidly put out your theoretically best starting 15 for every game, all you will do is wear out those 15 players, and have stale players to replace them.

My main concern, this being our first season of rotating the squad in this way, is how well the weekly selection will cope with individuals popping in & out of the weekly 23. We have all seen things go fairly well in recent seasons as long as our match-day 23 has been from a very small core of the squad, but if injuries have taken out just a few players & others who have not had game time take their places, it has all gone horribly pear shaped. Our big challenge this season will be to cope with players coming & going from the match-day squad without losing form. If we can crack that we will be competitive in both league & the HC, and we will also be more reliably on good form week after week for the whole season, even when injuries strike.

The above isn't a rant, just my take on what to me is the most fascinating aspect of this season. Adapting to this change from the way we have managed the squad over recent seasons is what I see as being make or break for us as a successful club.

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 19:08
Has the feelings of a must win game, going into the European break. Yeah yeah, leagues arenít won in October, but itíd be quite a reality check going into the break bottom of the heap.

Two decent sides in need of a win, but I think we have more quality across the squads.

Falcons by 3.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
05 October, 2018 22:09
Quote:
Monkey1
given the Andrew Elbow

Oh Lordy please don't say that's back!

06 October, 2018 07:24
And Saucy Twists.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 15:25
Bottom of the table for the next few weeks now!!

06 October, 2018 15:29
Well that was bloody awful. Turned it off when they got their third try.

Petulance. We were the makers of our own downfall. We were looking comfortable until Young botched another box kick, everyone allows Yarde to take it cleanly and Mulipola pushes him over.

Our discipline has been shocking this season. That was our 5th yellow card and 2nd time we have been down to 13. It really isnít good enough.

I hope Deano gives them both barrels.

Sale werenít good yet they deserved to win. Says it all.

And to top that day off Flood and Goneva went off early. And plenty of other were receiving medical attention.

Yes we have played the top 3 but we deserve to be bottom. The table doesnít lie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2018 15:31 by NorfolkFalcon.

alas (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 15:51
One point against Wasps and Sale missing a lot of their best players is a very poor performance.

pityacker (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 15:51
Chronic affair and real candidates for relegation at thes early stage of the season of that there is no doubt and some injured players to contend with , European Champions cup could be a real headache in our present position.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 15:52
Sadly not so bothered about the league position as the quality of our play. We were awful today. Young needs to spend less time segueing and more time trying to improve his game. But we looked very fragile and out of ideas in attack.
Defensively strong but you canít spend the whole match in your 22 and not concede.
Awful

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 15:58
Whilst yet another disappointing result thereís 16 league games still to play so really no need to press the panic button just yet folks!!

rubyrhone (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 16:06
Wensleydale please send everyone some of the happy pills you seem to be taking.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 16:21
I think the worst thing was that it was pretty much a full strength team and we were well beaten by the team at the bottom of the league. Time to start worrying?
Iím sure we will have a positive run into the new year and be mid table but todayís performance was the worst in nearly 2 years

06 October, 2018 16:26
Iím as gutted as everyone else.... trust me!!

My wife and girls can confirm that with my reaction at the end of the game and like many other sports fans I really am too passionate about our club.
However, we have to be pragmatic, and realistic about the situation.
This season was always going to be a tough one in my opinion as we punched above our weight last season I felt.
The Heineken cup is going to test our squad depth enormously and we may well be scrapping around the bottom of the league come may.
We have a vastly experienced management team and playing group so letís just get behind them.
I was just sat thinking, itís another weekend ruined, another week not watching the rugby highlights, and it will probably be Tuesday by I snap out of it.
Then I just watched the Rob Horne interview......some perspective then dawned on me.

06 October, 2018 18:24
Despite today Iím still confident we will find our feet anc get back to winning games. We were on the front foot in the second half and winning until the first of the stupid yellow cards.

We just need to go back to basics and cut out the ill-discipline. We were effective and got our position last season because of this.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 18:30
Very good first half but we didn't create enough chances, let alone take them, then we got steamrollered in the second half. I'd be surprised if we had more than 10-15% possession in the second half, something changed on one or both teams.

Still, it's early in the season, and today one 'supporter' made some people laugh with surely the quote of this or any other season: "Micky Young and Joel Hodgson have been the weak links for five years!"

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 19:08
We're badly missing the "old heads" from last season. Vickers, Lawson, Hoggy and Latu. On top of that Young seems to be back to his petulant worst.
I'm sure we'll be okay but we need to improve after the European Cup games.

Osric (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 19:17
These fixtures last year - 3 wins but no bonus points, so 12 points. This year, one win but three bonus points (two losing -Exeter and Wasps, and one for four tries).

Falcons vs Sarries 21-31 (7-29 last season)
Tiggers vs Falcons 49-33 (23-25) - we got the O'Connor backlash
Wuss vs Falcons 20-23 (27-13) - a place we rarely win at
Falcons vs Chiefs 17-24 (28-20) - one of our best performances last term
Falcons vs Wasps 22-23 (22-39) - the one that got away
Sale vs Falcons 20-7 (12-13) - one of the ones we nicked last time, narrow margins

I know it ain't looking pretty looking up but I remain confident about the season ahead. The European stuff will be fun and I'm sure we'll pick up some wins by half way through the season. We punched above our weight last time out and had a tough start this time. Losing the experience of Hogg, Lawson, Olmstead, Latu, Bobby V et al means a small period of adjustment. I'm guessing it also means a slight reduction in the player wage bill which, let's face it, is necessary as we cannot expect to rely on Semore to bank roll the operation indefinitely.

Keep the faith.

06 October, 2018 19:28
Iím sure we will pick up after a hard start. I just think if we wanted to continue the upward trend we needed to recruite better. Still think we need another centre and another prop. (And I know we are on a budget)

We now need to use the European/Cul brake to gather momentum to take back into the premiership. With 5 games till we travel to the stoop.

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 20:34
My fear pre-season was that without the old heads weíd struggle, and thatís exactly what Iím seeing.

I care not a bit for the Ďweíre playing alrightí brigade - were bottom of the league and unless things change weíll be there for a while. This simply isnít good enough. We have the players to get out of this but we need the confidence, otherwise this will be a long, and familiar, season.

aidanb (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 20:48
The negativity malarkey is infectious.

Snap out of it people.

You come to watch he falcons to enjoy yourself and you canít do that if you look at life like itís about to urinate across your strawberries.

Rather than stand on the North Stand (at the AJ Bell and shout abuse at David Wilson ďare you injured or just collecting a pensionĒ - how about shouting something about how good it is to see him out there.

Rather than worry about missing this or that signing letís do our bit and enjoy the season and keep telling Terry the horn to blow like mad - even if he couldnít catch a cold in seberia (love you Terry).

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 21:09
1 win from 6 and you think pessimism isnít justified? Sorry aiden, but Iíve supported falcons long enough to know that performances without points is meaningless. Weíre bottom of the league and need to do something about it sharpish.

1 win from 6 at any point of the season is cause for Concern. It gets worse if you add the back end of last season to this.

Not good enough, and no apologies for not being positive enough. Iíll be positive in the stands when Iím watching, but on here Iíll call them out - Not. Good. Enough.

Angry, of Gosforth.

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
06 October, 2018 22:04
Okay we were fairly dire today but the negativity about here, do we all think weíre on Facebook page?

Itís far too early in the season to be moaning about our league position just as it would be far to early crowing if we were in the top two.

Itís a long old season and weíve basically just started. Weíre not suddenly a dire team and weíll be fine. Okay weíre maybe not as good as we thought we were but weíre nowhere as bad as the doom mongers would have us believe.

One win and we rocket up the table.

06 October, 2018 22:06
We were reffed off the park and that was home advantage. Iím worried about Hodgson as his decision making was shocking. We ve been playing well 80% of time and had injuries and i think we can only improve.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 05:36
They done a number on us second half and done the basics well, it's a tough game when a team gets on top like that. I think a big problem is we haven't had to home win to settle us into the season with the tough fixtures given at home, first 3 games v the only teams to finish above us last season.

The problem with being bottom now is its the break and no game in league for over a month so grabs all the wrong attention and adds pressure to next game.

I do think we will be OK but understand the frustrations after such a good season.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 07:12
Well, I'm quite glad I missed the game and doubt I'll be watching it after some of the reports on here.

So far, we've been playing ok but results just aren't going for us. We've also had a pretty horrendous fixture list to start off the season.

What is slightly worrying me, is all the other sides are looking stronger than last season and we haven't really improved at all, but, when you look who we have to play yet, these are all winnable games.

To play at home; Bath, Quins, Worcester, Saints, Bristol, Leicester, Gloucester and Sale.

exhooker (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 08:25
Leaving out Saracens and Exeter( and perhaps Wasps) all games this season are winnable games but equally this season all games are loseable games. The bottom 9 could be in any order but if we don't start putting a few points on the table we shall get left behind and the pressure creates its own extra pressure.

dksniper (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 09:20
I've only seen them live 3 times this season. The friendly was rubbish but I felt we held our own against Exeter and Wasps and with a bit of care could easily have won either or both.
These were home games. Anyway else thinking we don't travel well?

longservice (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 09:36
After Flood went off early all hope I had went off early as well. Time after time Young and Hodgson prove they can't hack it in the big boys league with poor decision making and poor kicking. We gave Sale the points by giving them the ball and field position constantly.

07 October, 2018 09:54
Well since Sweil canít participate in the Henkien cup yet. Itíll give him a few weeks to settle in and three games in the cup before returning to the Stoop

eastfalcon (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 10:03
From TRP - the stats tell the story!

Penalties conceded Sale 2, Newcastle 17!

I was at the match and in the second half we just did not have any possession and when we did we were going side to side!

Onwards and Upwards!

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 10:18
Quote:
Oneforthefatboys
We were reffed off the park and that was home advantage. Iím worried about Hodgson as his decision making was shocking. We ve been playing well 80% of time and had injuries and i think we can only improve.

If you don't commit offences you don't get pinged. Blaming the ref is the lazy excuse

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 11:06
I havenít seen any of the match or details yet but a penalty count of 17-2 is very lopsided

Leipziger (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 11:24
I don't think the referee had a great game but he let us get away with a few high tackles in the first half, and I've no idea how he didn't give a penalty try along with Young's yellow card.

Maybe last season was a fluke, after all we're barely in the top 10 biggest clubs in England, never mind a true top four club. Historically we fight relegation most years. If we go back to that fair enough, it's only a game at the end of the day. And we'll come again, if not this season then another one. Things are rarely as good or as bad as they seem in extreme times.

One thing I do know for certain though, is that shouting abuse at Micky Young, Joel Hodgson or Davy Wilson from the stands is not going to make any of them play better.

trummy200 (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 12:42
All three have had no, or very little game time this season - big ask for them to be up to speed immediately.

07 October, 2018 13:09
Re Youngís yellow card, if I was a Sale fan I would have been more irked at Penny sliding in knee first to McGinty than the high tackle.

Agreed, abusing players is rather unhelpful and isnít exactly going to spur them on.

aidanb (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 13:36
Quote:
Leipziger
One thing I do know for certain though, is that shouting abuse at Micky Young, Joel Hodgson or Davy Wilson from the stands is not going to make any of them play better.

Yes I was disappointed with the abuse shouted at Davy Wilson as he warmed up. He will certainly have heard it.

We fans need to remind ourselves sometimes that sometimes itís better to say nothing at all rather than say something negative.

07 October, 2018 13:43
Why would anyone abuse him as he was warming up? Donít get it.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 14:13
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
Leipziger

Yes I was disappointed with the abuse shouted at Davy Wilson as he warmed up. He will certainly have heard it.

We fans need to remind ourselves sometimes that sometimes itís better to say nothing at all rather than say something negative.

Sadly, that idea is probably above the intellect of the people involved.

aidanb (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 14:15
May be the person responsible for shouting it would be able to explain their statement. But then again they probably donít come on the message board to debate opinions.

Anyway one thing to question is why the players went straight down the tunnel and didnít have a minute to come across and thank the away fans.

There were people in that North Stand who follow them to a lot of away games - theyíd never seen the like.

It was a very muted supporters bus on the way back.

Daveyb (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 14:38
When is the video ref going to actually disagree with the refs interpretation. 2 glaring example yesterday. Yarde runs across our prop whilst both chasing the ball. This causes the prop to lose his balance and then stumble. In the act of falling over he pushes Yarde and is sent off. That simply did not happen like that.
The ref is standing on the wrong side of s ruck on our line. He cannot see the breakthrough or the ball being grounded as he is on the wrong side. They score and his question is, is there any reason I cannot award the try? He could not have seen a thing from the position he had. The video ref replayed it from 2 camera angles and neither showed the ball being grounded, so the reply to the question was, no reason not to award the try. Had the question beenTry, yes or no he could not have awarded it, as there was no proof that it was grounded. SO why cannot the video ref chip in, as he would if had seen something during play with have a look at this, and say there is no proof the ball was grounded, but more importantly, why did the ref when he had zero vision ask the question in that way.
We were poor. losing 2 key players does not help but we were pinged repeatedly yet it seemed they were not....

Leipziger (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 14:49
Quote:
aidanb
Anyway one thing to question is why the players went straight down the tunnel and didnít have a minute to come across and thank the away fans..

It looked like at least some were going to come over but they were called into the tunnel, and one player (Witty I think) seemed to signal that they'd be back out. Doesn't seem like they did come back out though.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 14:55
Quote:
eastfalcon
From TRP - the stats tell the story!
Penalties conceded Sale 2, Newcastle 17!

I'm a Sale fan with a big soft spot for Falcons.
I was at the the game yesterday and I'd said to my son that the penalty count against Falcons was really high (could/should have been much higher if the ref had pinged the numerous high tackles throughout the game).

From reflink, Welch and Wilson seemed to have a poor game, in relation to "helping the referee" ! On this occassion, Jono Ross did a cracking job.

aidanb (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 15:08
Quote:
Daveyb
When is the video ref going to actually disagree with the refs interpretation. 2 glaring example yesterday. Yarde runs across our prop whilst both chasing the ball. This causes the prop to lose his balance and then stumble. In the act of falling over he pushes Yarde and is sent off. That simply did not happen like that.
The ref is standing on the wrong side of s ruck on our line. He cannot see the breakthrough or the ball being grounded as he is on the wrong side. They score and his question is, is there any reason I cannot award the try? He could not have seen a thing from the position he had. The video ref replayed it from 2 camera angles and neither showed the ball being grounded, so the reply to the question was, no reason not to award the try. Had the question beenTry, yes or no he could not have awarded it, as there was no proof that it was grounded. SO why cannot the video ref chip in, as he would if had seen something during play with have a look at this, and say there is no proof the ball was grounded, but more importantly, why did the ref when he had zero vision ask the question in that way.
We were poor. losing 2 key players does not help but we were pinged repeatedly yet it seemed they were not....

I could see that Logo was done for the push but the contact before hand was Yarde going across him causing both to fall and Logo get done for a push. You are spot on there

Cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
07 October, 2018 15:41
Quote:
Oneforthefatboys

We were not reffed off the park. Iíd urge you to watch the game back. Every call by the ref was spot on in my opinion you could argue the first try for Sale could have been chalked off as you couldnít see the grounding but the question asked was ďany reason not to award the tryĒ.

We were simply not good enough yesterday and our discipline was shocking. Itís going to be a long hard season and these next few weeks we need to see a massive improvement.

08 October, 2018 09:13
I disagree. We were shocking on sat but have played well in the other games but just fell short and had key injuries. I reckon we ll start seeing progress after Europe when we have hopefully a fully fit quota

nursepete (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 10:44
I agree that we were not good on Saturday, however, there are many instances of high tackles and also no arms tackles not being penalized, in particular Jono Ross and also Strauss (before he was withdrawn). I am trying to teach my nephew how to tackle and the rules and laws of rugby, however, every game we have been to this season the rules are different.
2 things on Saturday irked us as a family:
1 - The Sale announcer talking over McGintys conversion attempt after try 3 - every one teaches kids to respect the kicker, allow silence as they had for all other kicks, this was just poor.
2 - The falcons players not coming over to the away support, many fans travelled long distances to Saturdays game, gave up family time and whilst i understand they were disappointed with the result, so were we, however, without fans the team in nowt - all it would have taken is 3 steps towards the fans, clap and say thank you and then into the changing rooms.

On another note, going to places like the AJ Bell makes you realise how good KP is these days, AJ Bell is a soulless place, deadly quiet pre game, not friendly at all from stewards or ticket office staff and KP in contrast is noisy, buzzes with chatter and is a very friendly ground to visit.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 10:58
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
Leipziger

Some people really do have to drink a lot less & think a lot more. If the best that some supporters can do is to shout abuse at their own players, perhaps they should stay at home.

It was a dire team performance once we had 3 key players out of the team early. Maybe we just aren't developed enough yet to cope with that sort of disruption. One thing you can guarantee, when things go wrong, some idiots will always blame the same players, whether or not those players are to blame. That is just plain stupid.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
08 October, 2018 15:31
Quote:
nursepete
On another note, going to places like the AJ Bell makes you realise how good KP is these days, AJ Bell is a soulless place, deadly quiet pre game, not friendly at all from stewards or ticket office staff and KP in contrast is noisy, buzzes with chatter and is a very friendly ground to visit.

the highlighted bit surprised me. I don't expect much from the ticket office, other than a smile, exchange of cash for tickets and away we go (they inevitably have a queue to work through), but I've always found the stewards a happy and friendly bunch.

08 October, 2018 15:43
Donít know Davy W personally and donít recall any controversial utterances or actions from him so not sure whatís he has done to deserve any abuse, especially when he hadnít even taken to the field. If itís due to his lack of game time I would imagine his frustrations are umpteen times what any fan is feeling.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 12:35

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 14:16
Top marks to the referee for blowing the game to a halt instantly when this happened.

Bottom marks & a sack full of shame to the drunkard amongst our supporters who yelled abuse at Yarde when it happened. I hope she one day dislocates her knee in a busy street & the public just walk by & ignore her screams. Never have I been so embarrassed to be a falcons supporter.

09 October, 2018 15:06
Extremely disappointing to hear that from some of our supporters Monkey, but it does not surprise me to be honest.

I am all for having a bit of banter with players and the officials (but swearing at or abusing them has to be a no no)

Before these idiots shout their abuse they should stop and think for a moment, that the person they are abusing is someones....son....brother....husband....boyfrien etc etc ....and just think how they would feel if someone was shouting this kind of vile abuse at one of their own....!!

We need to challenge these people when their behaviour is inappropriate.

09 October, 2018 18:15
If this person was moronic enough to shout abuse at an injured player I doubt sheíd have the intelligence to stop and think. Hope her mates were full of pride.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 18:29
I did have words but she was so moronically drunk she just looked befuddled. She turned around to look at me, but it took all her effort not to fall over so by the time she had turned around I assume she had forgotten why. Not the greatest day to be a Falcons supporter.

aidanb (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 21:32
Just watching the game back

Did Goneva get an elbow in the face ?

Iím not suggesting it was foul play but that did look to be the point of contact

10 October, 2018 17:06
Youíre a braver man than me Aidan to watch that again.

aidanb (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 17:28
I have found that watching it again isn't as bad on us.

There was some very good play by Sale but Logo was never a red as Yarde ran across him causing Logo to fall and reach out

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 18:32
Quote:
aidanb
There was some very good play by Sale but Logo was never a red as Yarde ran across him causing Logo to fall and reach out

But Young 's yellow should also have been a PT as the two covering defenders would never have prevented McGuigan from touching down.

Win some, lose some

aidanb (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 18:34
Quote:
Chris1850
Quote:
aidanb

But Young 's yellow should also have been a PT as the two covering defenders would never have prevented McGuigan from touching down.

Win some, lose some
Without the resulting penalty and man down would we have been in that bottom corner ?

dksniper (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 18:36
I helped out at a rugby mate's charity in South Shields recently, helping locals apply online for their universal credit. One such lady was a relative of Davey Wilson. Whilst chatting we got onto rugby and she had nothing but praise for DW saying hes a fantastic bloke. It emphasises to me these guys are just normal blokes with family who have a talent and dedication to play a professional sport.
I dont understand the abuse players get.
It's got to stop.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 14:27
If any of our players were getting abused by fans then i would be FURIOUS but cordially and politely inform them to go and watch the football down the road (i love football but the culture of spectating is often terrible)Not in our game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net