rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 16 December v Edinburgh Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.15pm

Sunday 23 December v Gloucester Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Edinburgh Rugby 31-13 Newcastle Falcons

Toulon Away
madmikey (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 15:52
Howay lads,

14 years of waiting and we finally return to the Heineken cup away at 3 times champions Toulon.

These are the days we've dreamt about since the likes of Tuigamala and Burke donned the famous jersey.

Now our modern heroes of Goneva, Sinoti and Kyle Cooper take us to one of the most anticipated away days in the clubs history. Toulon, the so called galacticos of world rugby, have 4 world cup winners, 1 olympic gold medalist and a British & Irish Lion. And I tell you what I'm bloody up for it. Message boards eerily quiet so thought I would take it upon myself to get us revved up.

Will be in Wayne's bar in Nice from 5pm on Saturday, look forward to seeing Falcons fans there.

Re: Toulon Away
bunch of flankers (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 19:12
starting our journey tomorrow morning, heading for a few days wine tasting before the match as it would be rude not too

aidanb (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 21:16
you lucky lucky bar stewards

hope you all have a great time

exhooker (IP Logged)
09 October, 2018 21:34
The Times today carried an article about the crisis at Toulon following their defeat last week by Montpellier. Shades of Leicester. I'm delighted to see it is being televised.

joefrog (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 08:20
Tis going to be a wet weekend. Better take two pairs of shorts

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 09:13
What a fantastic trip, enjoy it boys.

FALCONSMAD (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 10:04
Can't wait!! Will be warming up from 5pm Saturday in Nice. Waynes Bar, Happy hour 4-8pm.FALCONS ASSEMBLE.

Rumours of No flood, Harris, Welch or Goneva in Toulon.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 10:40
Flood, Welch & Goneva all broken at Sale so not surprising. Harris last seen banging his head off a brick wall so possibly failed a HIA after that.

I am intensely jealous of those who can make this game, in fact I don't even know why I am responding to you. Excuse me while I sulk.

JimmyThePsycho (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 13:08
Havenít been this excited since Carl Hayman signed/when Kingston Park introduced the double pint cup.

No expense spared on this trip, I was going to send my second born to RGS Newcastle until the mighty falcons got in to Europe. Heís at West Jesmond Primary now, and whilst his brain isnít getting a workout, my passport certainly is!

Heading over on Saturday and have hired executive travel (potentially a Bentley continental) to get me to Wayneís Bar for happy hour. The French Riviera will be a dark shade of ruby by the time the Geordie Lads are done with it!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 15:43
Quote:
JimmyThePsycho
No expense spared on this trip, I was going to send my second born to RGS Newcastle until the mighty falcons got in to Europe. Heís at West Jesmond Primary now, and whilst his brain isnít getting a workout, my passport certainly is!

(Sm22)

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 17:04
You need to post more, Jimmy.

RiponFalcon (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 17:27
Quote:
joefrog
Tis going to be a wet weekend. Better take two pairs of shorts
Can I just check you are talking about the weather forecast rather than it not being a dry weekend?

c'mon lads (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 19:44
Oh lord looking forward to my second trip to Toulon, getting there on Saturday with my husband and daughter. Bring it on FALCONS!!!!

joefrog (IP Logged)
10 October, 2018 20:18
Most definitely just about the weather!!!

Leipziger (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 07:28
Not going but really looking forward to watching the game. Since Mrs L went back to work and she does Sundays, Baby L and I have got into the habit of watching rugby on TV on Sunday afternoons and this is the big one!

Hope everyone going to France has a safe journey and a fun time!

FALCONSMAD (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 09:55
With Joel at 10 and Sinoti flying down the wing, i can only foresee one result...A FALCONS VICTORY!!

exhooker (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 11:02
It seems to me that looking at the way Toulon play this is an ideal moment for Sinotti on one wing and Radwan/Kibirige on the other.

NorthStandNutcase (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 12:03
Right then,

Just over 48 hours before we board the flight and embark on a weekend which sees The Newcastle Falcons play their biggest game in a decade.

The scene is set. The Cote D'Azur beckons for the boys from the North East. It's not often times like this come around, 14 years since top-flight European Rugby and no better way to start our journey at the home of Europe's elite - Toulon.

They have money, all blacks, Lions and a stupid fella who shouts before the game. But what they fundamentally lack is passion, belief and any kind of double pint system.

A sea of black will decend on the south of France, chants of Falcons...Falcons will echo from every corner. I think we all know who wants this one more, we go big this weekend my fellow supporters.

Meet at Wayne's bar Nice from 4 pm Saturday.

UTF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2018 16:02 by NorthStandNutcase.

longservice (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 14:16
Got here dinnertime and sunburnt before teatime. Forecast for light rain Sunday.
Allez les faucons !!
COYF

RiponFalcon (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 14:47
Setting off for a drive to Hertfordshire in about an hour and flying from Luton to Marseille mid day tomorrow. Due into Toulon early Friday evening. Hoping for a good game and a great weekend. Has anyone found that European wine lake?
COYF

FALCONSMAD (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 15:02
Does any one know who owns the GIGANTIC falcons flag that is often seen at away fixtures? Would be great to welcome the team bus screaming 'FALCONS FALCONS FALCONS' with said flag.

joefrog (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 16:59
Place de la Liberte, Toulon midday Sunday until match time appears to be a suggested meetup.

c'mon lads (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 17:02
Quote:
FALCONSMAD
Does any one know who owns the GIGANTIC falcons flag that is often seen at away fixtures? Would be great to welcome the team bus screaming 'FALCONS FALCONS FALCONS' with said flag.

FM, Itís my nephews flag and unfortunately weíre not taking it to Toulon, hand luggage restrictions and Iím not sure if he trusts us with it.
Heís going to Edinburgh so we might take it to Scotland.

madmikey (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 17:12
Hi Joefrog,

Is this the same place the Toulon fans are welcoming us with cous cous and mint tea?

joefrog (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 17:38
I certainly hope not. Was expecting Savaloy and Pease Pudding dips

joefrog (IP Logged)
11 October, 2018 17:38
I certainly hope not. Was expecting Savaloy and Pease Pudding dips

fatandhappynumber9 (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 10:11
carnt wait for this wknd . rememba the first game me dad took us to when a was 11 - hugh vyvyan smashing it up against saracens and pitch invasion at the end of the match - the good old days when falcons a propa community club. neva been to an away match but here the atmos among the fans is liek them days. i see a few shouts of waynes bar in nice on saturday - that where every1 meetin? is there an official meeting spot? COME ON FACLONS!

Toulon tv
dick g (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 14:59
Is the Toulon game being shown at KP? Anyone know?

Re: Toulon tv
markismith50 (IP Logged)
12 October, 2018 16:26
I presume so, Dick, but if you want definitive confirmation please call 01912145588 and choose Tap & Tackle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2018 16:28 by markismith50.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net