rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 16 November v Harlequins at Twickenham Stoop, 7.45pm

Friday 23 November v Bath Rugby at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 22-7 Bath Rugby

Sunday's teams
alas (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 11:37
Should be a decent game.

Newcastle Falcons team to face Harlequins (Sunday, 3pm, Twickenham Stoop)

15 Alex Tait

14 Tom Arscott

13 Chris Harris

12 Pedro Bettencourt

11 Adam Radwan

10 Brett Connon

9 Sam Stuart

1 Sam Lockwood

2 Santiago Socino

3 Jack Payne

4 Andrew Davidson

5 Glen Young

6 Ryan Burrows (captain)

7 Connor Collett

8 Callum Chick

Replacements

16 Jamie Blamire

17 Trevor Davison

18 Jon Welsh

19 Rob Farrar

20 John Hardie

21 Cameron Nordli-Kelemeti

22 Tim Swiel

23 Ben Stevenson

Harlequins

15 Ross Chisholm

14 Cadan Murley

13 Francis Saili

12 James Lang

11 Tim Visser

10 Demetri Catrakilis

9 Niall Saunders

1 Lewis Boyce

2 Dave Ward

3 Phil Swainston

4 Dino Lamb

5 George Merrick

6 Jack Clifford (captain)

7 Archie White

8 Alex Dombrandt

Replacements

16 Elia Elia

17 Nick Auterac

18 Will Collier

19 Ben Glynn

20 Paul Lasike

21 Dave Lewis

22 Henry Cheeseman

23 Aaron Morris

Re: Sunday's teams
aidanb (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 11:40
more info here

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 12:00
A real shame that Zach misses out with injury after last weekend
Good to see Harris back in and Welsh on the bench, hopefully heíll get some game time
Hardie on the bench as well to get his fitness up
A decent team
Games live on BT as well

Kingston Parker (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 12:16
Potential debut for Rob Farrar? Who is he, as I can't recall hearing his name before?

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 12:29
I like the mix there, sad to see no Zach in this week. smiling smiley

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 13:16
Academy Scottish second row pairing....I cant help thinking they were a reason Olmstead was released. Young has been very impressive when he's played

Good team. That back row looks very strong.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 18:32
Good to see Welsh in again, hopefully he'll get on the pitch this week.

Jack Clifford captaining Quins - a player who's seemingly dropped off England's radar completely. Mark has no doubt benefitted.

02 November, 2018 20:43
Leipziger,

I think with Clifford is more the case hes another incredibly injury prone player. Never fit...and when he is he rarely gets a good run before he's injured again.

He was another of the big back row hopes..World Cup winner with the U20s etc...then boom..inury plagued.

Our own Calum Chick (did he win the WC U20s? im sure he did) is starting to look very good at 8 and in the back row though...he just needs to keep performing well and continue to improve. He's impressing me this season.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 06:09
I donít believe Chick featured in the U20 World Cup, only in the U20 6 Nations but I could well be wrong.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 08:25
Chicky won the Junior World Cup in Manchester, same team as Johnny Williams

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 15:55
A decent first half followed by rubbish so far in the second half. Too many errors and no tempo with 20mins to go
Scrum time hasnít been pretty all game

dksniper (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 16:21
Until the last 3 scrums anyway!!

Leipziger (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 16:39
Hung in there in the end to steal the win, I thought we were good in the middle 30-40 minutes but struggled at other times. Good game from the back row, and probably the first time I've had a decent look at Andrew Davidson, he did well. Sam Stuart a good runout as well.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 16:41
What a great win enjoyed watching that. smiling smiley

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 16:44
Good game and some impressive performances. Radwan is electric, love to see him at FB. New boys looked a bit rusty but the back row and locks were very good....how many quality locks do we have???

Great to see is push the Quins scrum around, that made me smile almost as much as the win.

pityacker (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 16:46
Calum Chick thoroughly deserved his man of the match he had a great game in all aspects , carrying , defending and lineout . I think this is going to be the season he will really progress and be a first team regular despite the depth of quality we have there to challenge.

alas (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 17:43
Agree, Chick was a deserving MOTM. Decent first half, but a bit fortunate that Quins' errors gifted the Falcons 10 points after the break. Not sure why the Falcons didn't bring on Welsh to shore up the 5 metre defensive scrum instead of waiting for Quins to score and then changing props.

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 19:09
Chick captained England in the six nations at u20 and then won the u20 WC, yes.

He is a major talent and, crucially, he works incredibly hard and is as honest as the day is long. He will just get better and better if he stays fit.

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 20:09
Don't know if others share the same feeling but I find myself getting excited about our prospects again. The depth of our squad just seems to be getting better all the time. Bettencourt, Swiel Hardie and Collett all looked very handy signings today, our academy graduates are developing at a pace and it was great to see Jon Welsh back at prop.

These days we look a formidable outfit whoever takes the field. Well organised, disciplined and talented with flair all round the field, I am one happy Falcon fan.

04 November, 2018 20:30
There's a couple of the lads seem to have just hit the next level this season.. Glen young and Calum Chick being the leading ones. Chick looks stronger and heavier and his game has gone up a level because of that...we always knew he had the skill.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 21:13
Quote:
Kingston Parker
Potential debut for Rob Farrar? Who is he, as I can't recall hearing his name before?

From Egremont RUFC
Another big step

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 07:42
Bit error - strewn but glad we got the win. I thought our midfield looked a bit frail when the American guy for Quins came on and ran hard

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net