rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 16 November v Harlequins at Twickenham Stoop, 7.45pm

Friday 23 November v Bath Rugby at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 22-7 Bath Rugby

Watching from afar. Why Falcons?
FalconsRugby.org.uk (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 19:05
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Watching from afar. Why Falcons?
Drew88 (IP Logged)
02 November, 2018 23:17
Soooo.. 1996ish, a cold midweek night my dads friend used to help out with the bouncy castles, face painting, fireworks on the old training field behind the north stand and we helped out that evening! I was 8 years old-ish at the time! Few years later and I was hooked! Season ticket and played for novos at Benton! 2018 and I live 5 minute walk away from Kingston park ( tap n tackle regular and airplane enthusiast) and got my league loving (Huddersfield born &#128556winking smiley partner along with me and into union. Been through some tough times and some very cold Friday night games but falcons through and through. Looking forward to mark representing us tomorrow at HQ, remember noony scoring a hat trick vs the auld enemy a good few years ago. Proud Walker lad and proud falcon!

(Fairly new poster but long time lurker)

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 06:06
Thanks for sharing your story Sparkyweb.

Thereís lots of us that follow the Falcons from a long way away. My love affair properly started around 6-7 seasons ago. Iíve been a football fan first and foremost but began to fall out of love with the game.

When I was a kid my parents owned a corner shop and Jonny Wilkinsonís grandparents live in the village and always came in to my parents store for the Sunday papers. This was when Jonny was breaking out at the Falcons when he was 18, let alone playing internationally. They managed to get me a programme signed from Jonny and also Inga Tuigamala, just because he was the highest paid player in the world. Because of these childhood memories I kept an eye on the Falcons from a distance and when I became disillusioned by all the money in the game, I knew straight away that the Falcons were the club to support all thanks to the Wilkinson grandparents.

trummy200 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2018 19:27
Nice to know I am not the only one! It was my admiration of Deano as a player and what he has achieved as a DOR AND my love of the Northumberland countryside and coast that it was a natural choice to support and follow the Falcons (plus an interest in the best team sport in the world). It was never a case of jumping on board by supporting a winning team, the first match I managed to see at Kingston Park was the do or die match vs London Irish - which team lost was on the way down! It was a dire match, too much at stake to lose! Glad to say things have improved immeasurably since then.
Was up a month ago but due to incompetence of scheduling (mine) had to be content watching the Falcons in the Tap and Tackle on the tele!

sparkyweb (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 09:10
Its great to hear that there are a few other far flung supporters that came to the club in similar routes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net