rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 16 December v Edinburgh Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.15pm

Sunday 23 December v Gloucester Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Edinburgh Rugby 31-13 Newcastle Falcons

The Big One...Two (confirmed)
zackary71 (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 08:56
Just announced on offy. Sat 23rd March 5:30ko vs Sale.
Let's beat last year's record attendance.

[www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2018 08:58 by zackary71.

Re: The Big One...Two (confirmed)
Cantabrian (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 11:11
Magic news, there'll be four or five of us heading down from north Northumberland. Really looking forward to another great Falcons occasion

The Umpa Lumpa (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 13:05
Poor decision to have it on a Saturday afternoon, in my opinion. Depending on who’s decision it was and whether it’s out of the club’s hands.

This’ll either mean that people playing local rugby can’t make it, or they’ll go and decimate the amount of local rugby being played that day.

I, for one, will be playing for my local team ... BUT wanted to go!

Running Rugby (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 13:14
Just been and bought my tickets, but they are not printing them yet and are expecting to send them out sometime in December.

Didn't get any sort of receipt for some reason, so hoping that all goes smoothly in the printing and sending them out process.

Is this the usual process?

Can we put some sort of update thread on here, as to when the tickets are being posted out?

Leipziger (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 13:56
Quote:
The Umpa Lumpa
Poor decision to have it on a Saturday afternoon, in my opinion. Depending on who’s decision it was and whether it’s out of the club’s hands.
This’ll either mean that people playing local rugby can’t make it, or they’ll go and decimate the amount of local rugby being played that day.

In the FAQs it says that the reason for the 5.30pm kick-off is a compromise between local amateur rugby, Sunday kids' rugby and kids not getting home too late on the Saturday evening, seems sensible to me. Depends exactly where your team are playing that day of course, for example I see Alnwick are playing down in Yorkshire that day.

Anyway very good news that the Big One is being repeated, looking forward to the game!

markismith50 (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 14:02
Kicking off any later kills the chances of kids attending, and kicking off any earlier kills the chances of any local club players attending.

It's catch 22, but 5.30pm worked well last year (almost trebled our club record crowd), and we're hopeful that where possible the local leagues will do what they can to kick off their games early where it's practical to do so.

One thing I've learned in this job, there's not a date and a time that will please everyone when it comes to scheduling matches. You have to take a balanced view.

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 14:31
Quote:
The Umpa Lumpa

Has your local team ever thought about kicking off slightly earlier...… just a thought.....

aidanb (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 15:20
Quote:
The Umpa Lumpa

I’m guessing your strawberries never need someone else to urinate on them.

aidanb (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 15:21
Quote:
markismith50
Kicking off any later kills the chances of kids attending, and kicking off any earlier kills the chances of any local club players attending.
It's catch 22, but 5.30pm worked well last year (almost trebled our club record crowd), and we're hopeful that where possible the local leagues will do what they can to kick off their games early where it's practical to do so.

One thing I've learned in this job, there's not a date and a time that will please everyone when it comes to scheduling matches. You have to take a balanced view.

Whenever I get the chance I still tell Mick hogan off for putting the European finals on when I am busy.

He should have asked

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
04 December, 2018 17:54
I’ll be coming up with one other.

pityacker (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 20:00
We got our 3 season tickets plus 2 extra today in the same seats as last game on the centreline in the east stand , hope this great day at the fabulous stadium is blessed with the wonderful weather we had last time. Looking forward to it is an understatement.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
05 December, 2018 20:39
I was in the ticket office today sorting something out and in the 10mins I was there we had 8 or 9 separae walk-ins, all buying good numbers of tickets for this. Hopefully a positive sign.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
06 December, 2018 18:31
Quote:
NorfolkFalcon
I’ll be coming up with one other.

Now that's what I call dedication.
(Sm152)

Last year's worked well late on a Saturday afternoon so good choice in my opinion. Five of us coming along, and if the organisation of the event is up to last year's standards it will all go like clockwork. I was really impressed by the way everything ticked along last year, well done to all concerned.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net