rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 26 April v Northampton Saints at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Saturday 4 May v Gloucester Rugby at Kingsholm, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 22-27 Leicester Tigers

when are the April fixture dates confirmed ?
Flumpty (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 08:55
Does anyone know when the April fixture dates/times are confirmed ?

I'm hoping to bring my Junior team across for a mini tour in April and it would be good to get a Falcons game in as well i.e game Sat AM, Falcons pm, game Sun AM, or game Sat anytime, game Sun AM, Falcoms PM etc

Re: when are the April fixture dates confirmed ?
markismith50 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 09:21
Hi, there's no set date on when the TV picks will be confirmed, but BT Sport have already confirmed all fixtures up until March 24, so the April games will be the next ones to be announced.

Obviously they'll want to see what the league table looks like nearer the time before determining which games they think have the most riding on them.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 09:50
Quote:
markismith50
Hi, there's no set date on when the TV picks will be confirmed, but BT Sport have already confirmed all fixtures up until March 24, so the April games will be the next ones to be announced.
Obviously they'll want to see what the league table looks like nearer the time before determining which games they think have the most riding on them.

Thank you for the detailed reply.
If the timings work out OK, I'll see you in April with my group !

markismith50 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 09:58
In fairness to BT Sport they generally make their picks a good few weeks before the actual deadline for them to do so. It's much better in that regard than it used to be with other broadcasters, who would leave it very late to announce fixture changes.

London_Falcon (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 11:01
I booked our juniors' tour to Gloucester on exactly the same weekend that Falcons are playing down there (what a coincidence....). Really hope it is not a Friday game though..

markismith50 (IP Logged)
10 January, 2019 11:51
We've just received the TV picks for rounds 18 and 19, which should hopefully be announced in the next week or so.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
15 January, 2019 09:00
Quote:
markismith50
We've just received the TV picks for rounds 18 and 19, which should hopefully be announced in the next week or so.

On the website, Round 18 is now showing as Fri 12th April - is that now "set" ?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
15 January, 2019 09:08
Yes, as is Sarries away on April 6. Anything after that is still TBC, although the last day of the season is typically the Saturday for all games at the same time.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 08:46
Has the fixture date for the Saints game on weekend of 26/27 April been confirmed yet ?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 09:43
No, we're waiting on BT Sports. Shouldn't be long now, hopefully.

Flumpty (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 13:28
Quote:
markismith50
No, we're waiting on BT Sports. Shouldn't be long now, hopefully.

cheers Mark

As soon as the game is confirmed, I'll organise the ticketsfor my group.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
25 February, 2019 13:36
They were waiting for the Premier League football picks to be confirmed for that weekend before confirming the rugby dates, but it should hopefully all be sorted this week.

London_Falcon (IP Logged)
05 March, 2019 16:27
Fixtures now confirmed

Story on offy

So my junior tour to Gloucester now happily coincides with a 3pm Saturday home game for them against us. And the game is part of the tour package.... [:wor kid:]

markismith50 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2019 16:51
Good stuff, LondonFalcon, we look forward to hearing you all!

matt1il (IP Logged)
05 March, 2019 18:02
Pleased to able to get to Gloucester as it's not the Fri!

Flumpty (IP Logged)
06 March, 2019 10:30
Quote:
London_Falcon
Fixtures now confirmed
Story on offy

So my junior tour to Gloucester now happily coincides with a 3pm Saturday home game for them against us. And the game is part of the tour package.... [:wor kid:]

That's really good news for you - but sadly the opposite for me (Sm136). A Friday night game against Saints means that I won't be able to bring my group across.
Can't be helped, c'est la vie etc etc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net