rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Season over

See you in Jersey!

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 12-19 Bristol Bears

Harris & Graham available
steve1888 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 13:32
Chris Harris and Gary Graham are available for our cup semi I assume after being left out of the Scots matchday squad for the Ireland game. Shame for Harris especially after a good run out but good news for us.

Re: Harris & Graham available
Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 14:17
Poor old gary Graham - gets about 8 minutes of rugby and that's it. What did he do wrong in that time? At least Harris got the opportunity to score a try

Siders (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 14:34
I wouldnt be suprised if they were retained as cover.

In my view neither of them should play this weekend and they should both be saved for Bath.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 14:40
I'd rather they played got us to the final and turned out and were raring to against Bath too.

joefrog (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 16:51
Play them both on Saturdayif they’re available. Never know when they’ll be taken away from us again

Local Boy (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 22:14
Now that Gary Graham has played about ten minutes of rugby for Scotland he is no longer in our EQP numbers. Could this be a consideration when picking future Falcons squads. I believe that Falcons always strive to meet the numbers required to qualify for the EQP payment.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 22:23
We’re well within the required EQP average for this season.

exhooker (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 22:34
Seems a bit tough on Harris particularly.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 22:51
And the bloke who scored a hattrick and got man of the match. Brutal.

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 06:47
Quote:
markismith50
We’re well within the required EQP average for this season.

Quite surprised Smithy as there seems to have been quite a few games when we’ve only had 11 or 12 out of the 23. Not arguing though!

RiponFalcon (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 06:47
Maitland returns to fitness Kinghorn drops to bench and takes the place of Chris Harris. Would Gary have been tied to Scotland if he was selected for the 23 but didn’t get on the pitch?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2019 06:52 by RiponFalcon.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 07:00
Rippn, yes he would. They changed the rule a few years back. You just need to be in the 23 to be tied.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 07:16
Quote:
Bedlington Lad
Poor old gary Graham - gets about 8 minutes of rugby and that's it. What did he do wrong in that time?

Who says he did anything wrong?

He has had his introduction to international rugby, at the back end of a game as many international careers have begun including good ol' Jonny W himself. That gets the nervous guff out of the way so next time it will be easier. He now trains with the Scotland squad & will earn his place on merit like anybody else.

This idea that players are in favour or dropped at the whim of some childish coaches is bizarre.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 08:03
Ok Monkey you tell me the logic in picking him and playing him for eight minutes then leaving him and Harris out of the squad altogether. How does he earn his place on merit with an eight minute cameo then a cheerio?

RiponFalcon (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 08:14
Quote:
Bedlington Lad
Ok Monkey you tell me the logic in picking him and playing him for eight minutes then leaving him and Harris out of the squad altogether. How does he earn his place on merit with an eight minute cameo then a cheerio?
Ties him to Scotland and stops him playing for England
I know I am old and cynical but....

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 08:27
Gary was on the bench in the second row spot
Gray has returned this week and Toolis drops to the bench

steve1888 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 08:58
I found it interesting that Graham was selected ahead of Hardie for country but at club it's the reverse. To be fair i think both are good so thats no dig at either.

alas (IP Logged)
08 February, 2019 09:20
Hardie is listed as being unavailable for selection because of a knee injury. Still unconvinced by Graham's form this season.

08 February, 2019 09:49
Quote:
markismith50
And the bloke who scored a hattrick and got man of the match. Brutal.

Voted "Man of The Round" in some publication!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net