rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 16 February v Bath Rugby at The Recreation Ground, 3.00pm

Saturday 23 February v Exeter Chiefs at Sandy Park, 2.30pm

Last result: Northampton Saints 59-33 Newcastle Falcons

Who do you blam
Susiewong (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 19:10
Is it the Players or the coaches who are at fault ? In previous posts I have asked the question and like many of us I cannot decide. If we had Lord Sugar in the chair who would he fire?

Re: Who do you blam
Leipziger (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 19:58
"I'll fire the 'ole bleedin' lot of yer, I don't give a s***!"

Susiewong (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 20:38
Would that include the likes of Mark Wilson and Will Welch ?

pityacker (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 21:08
The men at the top recruit the players they want train them how they want work out plans of how they want to play etc etc so THEY must be to blame.

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 21:17
Not the sunshine, nor the moonlight, certainly not the good times.

On balance, probably the boogie.

Oneforthefatboys (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 09:18
Injuries for me. We have been so unfortunate. On paper we have a very good side but cannot get it on the field

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 11:18
Quote:
pityacker

My view as well

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 13:55
Quote:
Andy Mac
Not the sunshine, nor the moonlight, certainly not the good times.
On balance, probably the boogie.
smileys with beer Best way to look at it Bring on the league!

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 13:56
I blame the 5,000 people who donít come to Kingston park to watch the home games, which leave us with average gates of around 7,000 (best guess) compared to other teams who regularly draw 12,000+
Simple maths 5,000 x 11 (home games) x £30 (average ticket?) is about £1.65 million extra for players , coaching staff etc.
Pounds for premiership points we are probably better than most.
Obviously I would the All Blacks first team coached by Eddie Jones playing at Kingston park each week but it ainít going to happen.
No one is to blam(e). Itís just the situation we are in struggling to a lot with very little .

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 16:10
Sale has smaller crowds than the Falcons but are 5th in the table. Last season we were 10th in the attendance table but finished 4TH. London Irish pulled 25,000 more fans than the Falcons but got relegated badly.

For sure larger crowds would improve the Falcons financial fortunes, but the crowd size has little to do with our current league position.

aidanb (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 16:14
Quote:
Rafpilot2000
I blame the 5,000 people who donít come to Kingston park to watch the home games, which leave us with average gates of around 7,000 (best guess) compared to other teams who regularly draw 12,000+
Simple maths 5,000 x 11 (home games) x £30 (average ticket?) is about £1.65 million extra for players , coaching staff etc.
Pounds for premiership points we are probably better than most.
Obviously I would the All Blacks first team coached by Eddie Jones playing at Kingston park each week but it ainít going to happen.
No one is to blam(e). Itís just the situation we are in struggling to a lot with very little .

not Eddie Jones, please

Susiewong (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 17:30
RAFPilot2000, I would like to apologise for my mid spelling of the word Blame. PS: how is your Cantonese?

Marco19819 (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 19:35
Who are we blaming? And for what? We are half way through the season...

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 20:22
My view about relegation hasnít changed and I still maintain we will finish in the top 8, we have very winnable home games and Exeter shorn of numerous internationals shouldn't offer the normal fear factor.

Having said that, Saturday was woeful and sadly we have neither played the first team squad into form nor given the younger players a chance in these last few games.

Get what you are saying RAF Pilot however there are no excuses for full time players not to be able to tackle or do the basics right. Yes more money possibly equals better players (sometimes yes, sometimes no) but everyone should be able to perform basic skills.

Not really sure what to make of Deanoís comments about fitness and 8 players coming back from injury. Thereís no excuse for poor fitness levels and half fit guys shouldnít be risked if he feels thereís an issue, surely there must be some fit players around. Saturday would have been a great one to win but not at the cost of putting half fit players in jeopardy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2019 20:23 by Exiled Falcon.

skip mcskipper (IP Logged)
11 February, 2019 22:23
I've just read a potential London Irish starting 15 for next season. How on earth are we ment to compete with the money that's getting thrown around the premiership these days, plus some of the signings/rumours other teams are making. I'm not complaining, just wondering what people's thoughts were on the matter. We can't compete financially and ultimately I fear we're just going to drift away.

12 February, 2019 06:31
I would much prefer to be us than a team rattling around in a half empty football stadium that is borrowed from someone else. Iíll not say what I feel about them getting rid of the admirable Nick Kennedy either.

pityacker (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 10:32
Quote:
Exiled Falcon
I would much prefer to be us than a team rattling around in a half empty football stadium that is borrowed from someone else. Iíll not say what I feel about them getting rid of the admirable Nick Kennedy either.

Next season will be the last for Irish at Reading they are moving to Brentford Community Stadium for the 20/21 season a brand new shared arena holding 17,250 which is much nearer the roots of the club but I agree about their treatment of Nick Kennedy.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 12:25
My concern about all this money being thrown around the clubs and clubs signings all sorts of players is....look what happened in France...to the national side!

It worries me.

Get the league ring-fenced and force Clubs to bring academy players through...the falcons will thrive in that environment.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 13:28
Clubs bring academy players through though ? Surely if they're good neough they'll and if not the league will get weaker.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 15:07
Quote:
steve1888
Clubs bring academy players through though ? Surely if they're good neough they'll and if not the league will get weaker.

Exactly.

12 February, 2019 15:30
It wont if we start following France pattern and just bringing the top players in from abroad at the expense of the youngsters.

pityacker (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 16:00
Saracens apart from their expensive recruits have probably brought more quality academy products than anyone else and some of them are so successful they are having to pay them huge salaries to retain them.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 16:14
Quote:
pityacker
Saracens apart from their expensive recruits have probably brought more quality academy products than anyone else and some of them are so successful they are having to pay them huge salaries to retain them.
If this is true then does it mean that ring fencing would also mean a more stringent salary cap because otherwise how do pay all these people top dollar to keep them and not exceed the cap in it's present format?

12 February, 2019 16:17
At the moment all clubs are producing academy prospects Pit.

What im referring to is what happened in France where by clubs put that aside to fill their teams with too many foreigners purely to achieve success as the money for winning was substantially more than here in the UK.

Even Johnny alluded to it on Sunday. And whether people like it or not..it HAS affected the national side.

We need to make sure that DOES NOT happen here.

12 February, 2019 19:47
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
My concern about all this money being thrown around the clubs and clubs signings all sorts of players is....look what happened in France...to the national side!
It worries me.

Get the league ring-fenced and force Clubs to bring academy players through...the falcons will thrive in that environment.

Must admit thatís my worry Geordie F, if every club was recruiting like Irish we wouldnít have a National team. I know the football team under Gareth has had a mini resurgence but you look at any club game and the number of English players on show is pathetic and donít start me on the lack of English coaches. Iíd hate rugby to follow suit which itís well on the way to in France.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
12 February, 2019 21:11
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
At the moment all clubs are producing academy prospects Pit.
What im referring to is what happened in France where by clubs put that aside to fill their teams with too many foreigners purely to achieve success as the money for winning was substantially more than here in the UK.

Even Johnny alluded to it on Sunday. And whether people like it or not..it HAS affected the national side.

Clubs will still want to win in a ringfenced league. They would still be standalone businesses with their own priorities, rather than feeder teams for the national side as the Pro14 and Super However-Many teams are.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2019 07:23
Quote:
GeordieFalcon

Oh I don't know about that. I am a Scotland supporter & we need all the help we can get.
(Sm100)

nursepete (IP Logged)
14 February, 2019 08:08
i always find it interesting that people quote how much Saracens pay their players, much of what is written about them is that they in fact don't pay massive salaries to their players, they move to Saracens for the environment, the team ethic and the way they work together as a group - Wasps offered Daly a lot of money and hes gone to Saracens for less than hes on now at Wasps. I understand its very similar to Exeter, yes there are some big salaries around but lots of players given the choice will move there without massive salaries being paid.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
14 February, 2019 09:22
"Wasps offered Daly a lot of money and hes gone to Saracens for less than hes on now at Wasps"

It's not April 1 already, is it!?

chiplad (IP Logged)
15 February, 2019 17:04
Quote:
markismith50
"Wasps offered Daly a lot of money and hes gone to Saracens for less than hes on now at Wasps"
It's not April 1 already, is it!?
The real reason makes much more sense!
[www.coventrytelegraph.net]

Cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
16 February, 2019 17:55
I have just watched todayís game and itís obvious to anyone that weíre in big trouble this season.

Iím really not sure who is to blame but I believe the vast majority of the blame lays firmly at the coaches door.

On paper going into this season you would have said we had a better squad, there was positivity around the place and a buzz. Now itís just flat and nothing is going right.

The line out simply doesnít function and at times I think they try to hard - Hookers canít throw in and we try these fancy off the back moves that do nothing. Can someone tell me where the driving maul has gone? It was one of our biggest weapons last season and Iíve not seen a single effective maul for months.

Players seem to be shadows of there former selfs.

Green
Lockwood
Cooper
Socino
Sinoti
Flood

I could go on.... but all of them seem to have regressed.

The basic skill set of carrying the ball into contact or catching a ball seem to have disappeared. Then we have Centres and loose forwards, whom, canít seem to run supporting lines or a simple x pattern. Where are the runners looking for the soft shoulders when the ball is taken into contact?

The attack consists of crabbing side to side then either kicking for territory, box kicking too far, with no support chase, or we give it to a winger and hope he produces a bit of magic. In attack we seem to have gone back 4 seasons.

These basic fundamentals must be sorted by the coaching staff itís been going on to long now. If you donít see the problem then itís time to move on.

The other thing is the players mentality last season we won tight games by 3 points or a breakaway try, this season were not doing that. The loosing habit gets hard to beat. When youíre chasing the game players make mistakes some of them more basic than others.
Take Socino today his first touch he knocks-on 5 meters from our try line ultimately it leads to a Bath score and no way of getting back into the game. Sinoti then gets clean through and drops the ball whilst trying to score by diving with the ball in one hand. These 2 actions could have lead to an unlikely bonus point which in the big picture could be survival or relegation.

Leadership is key, where is that guy who when we go behind is going to gee up the boys and lead by example because again we donít seem to have that on the pitch.

Injuries havenít helped us but every team gets injuries.

Iím not sure how we move forward but something needs to be done and quickly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 16/02/2019 18:02 by Cumbrian_falcon.

skip mcskipper (IP Logged)
16 February, 2019 21:07
The club feels like it's in free fall and it's terribly sad, at least we can all have a good rant and let off some steam here. Imagine how Mr Kurdi feels.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net