rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Season over

See you in Jersey!

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 12-19 Bristol Bears

massive
nook10 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 16:12
wow what a result.defence was immense,ball to hand was excellent, praise where praise due hammers had a very good game. all round team performance. howay the lads.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2019 16:15 by nook10.

Re: massive
Oneforthefatboys (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 16:13
Get in falcons. Hope matavesi and Welch are okay

Northumbrian (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 16:14
Still bottom but a much better bottom...

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 16:15
Bottom but probably happier than second off bottom!

telfs123 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 16:53
Could be less massive if Exeter don't stop f**king about. Just throwing the ball around their own half, giving away dumb penalties and letting Worcester have a chance for a 5 point win

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 17:03
Great result for Bristol. Looks like a two horse race for relegation though Leicester must be looking over their shoulders

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2019 17:32 by Rafpilot2000.

Osric (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 17:31
We've got Tigers at home. They'll have some players back but it is a winnable game.

matt1il (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 17:36
Still in Ricoh watching England match. Great win! Somehow we did it! Bring on rest of the season!!!

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 17:38
Much has been discussed about our run in , but Leicester have a pretty brutal run in too and given that we are improving, and at the moment they are not.....just a thought

telfs123 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 17:39
Leicester must be thanking multiple deities that they had JP Doyleís baffling refereeing last week. Otherwise theyíd be properly in the thick of it now.

pityacker (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 17:49
Great win well done Falcons however Worcester werenít expected to get anything today but got 2 bonus points and could easily have had 5 at the end but todayís games leave us 3 points behind.

aidanb (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 18:15
Quote:
Rafpilot2000
Much has been discussed about our run in , but Leicester have a pretty brutal run in too and given that we are improving, and at the moment they are not.....just a thought

Leicester will get back
Ellis Genge
Dan Cole
Ben Youngís
Manu Tuilagi
Johnny May

That should sort them out

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 18:17
Fair point well made!!:-)
Pint glass half full and all that!

Squawker2 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 19:13
Congrats from a Sarries fan - massive result there.

...though if you and Worcs can conspire to get Tigs at the bottom that will be even better (Sm14)

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

backdoc (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 20:05
Well done. You stuck solid in defence and looked sharper than us in attack. I don't wish any team relegation, but I hope you stay up.

alas (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 20:06
Thought it was a game the Falcons almost managed to lose twice. First, after playing very well for 15 minutes in the second half to get an 8 point lead and Wasps down to 14 men a period of utter panic with stupid penalties and wild play leading to mistakes. Second, keeping Flood on when injured resulting in several turnovers and a woeful kick at goal which was at least 10 metres short. Still, it all came well in the end with multiple phases before drawing the penalty. The Big One is indeed a big one as far as the table is concerned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2019 20:07 by alas.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 20:36
Josh will be fine...just suffering from a virus.

Very strong again in defence today and the key for me was how well we controlled Wasps in the first 15 minutes as they came out blazing and spent a fair amount of time in and around our 22.We were very disciplined in this period which frustrated them into making some poor decisions.We then worked our way into the game.

Dominated second half for me apart from a wobble with about 20 minutes to play.Fully deserved the win for the patience and character the boys showed and despite Worcester collection 2 very big points i really think that the pressure is starting to shift onto them.

A 6 point gain on Wuss in the week with 30 points to play for.....come on boys, we can do this!!

zackary71 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 20:44
Great win - Well done. Shame the result has been marred by Toby's disgusting comment at full time. Sorry but the "adrenaline" excuse doesn't cut it. A full apology is warranted at the very least.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 21:20
Woohoo! That is all.

telfs123 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 21:23
Quote:
zackary71
Great win - Well done. Shame the result has been marred by Toby's disgusting comment at full time. Sorry but the "adrenaline" excuse doesn't cut it. A full apology is warranted at the very least.

???
I haven't seen anything said about this elsewhere. What did he say?

zackary71 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 21:33
Referred to the travelling Falcons flock in a particularly disparaging term at full time. Fair play- He's since apologised on Twitter, but I suspect in many supporters eyes, the damage is already done.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 22:00
Clearly missed that one

markismith50 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 22:09
Edited due to apology being made and accepted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2019 23:12 by markismith50.

DB23 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 22:19
Thatís how we won games by the odd point last season by playing to the end of the game.
Weíre still in the fight but we have to keep it going and give it our all. We have a chance.
Every game now takes on increasing significance. A loud supportive crowd behind the boys at St Jamesí Park will make a huge difference.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2019 22:21
Toby is a local lad, he puts his body on the line, he looked like he was injured and he must have been knackered. We all occasionally say things that we maybe wish we hadnít and that is human.
I do t think thereís any hard feelings !

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 07:09
Iíve been critics of Flood and Hammersley, especially the former but they were both fantastic today.

Flood looked good and has started to run with the ball! Iíve been calling for him to do this for ages so Iím pleased that he has started to do it. It creates more space for the back line.

Hammersley must have made some serious yards. Every time he seemed to make at least 10 metres. I feel as though he finally has his groove back.

Nagusa was great when he came on. Such a threat ball in hand but his discipline does concern me (his timing for that tackle was great but that would have been at least a sin bin if he was a split second late).

What happens when Goneva comes back? I canít see how you can drop Kibirige he is a man on form and finally given a proper opportunity.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 07:54
Quote:
NorfolkFalcon
Flood looked good and has started to run with the ball! Iíve been calling for him to do this for ages so Iím pleased that he has started to do it. It creates more space for the back line.

To be fair it looked like Flood had been struggling with injury recently (if so, whether he should have been in the team is another debate) so hopefully he's over that now, good to hear he's had a good game yesterday.

PurfleetSarrie (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 09:18
Quote:
zackary71

Im sure he will apologise always seemed like a nice guy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2019 09:20 by PurfleetSarrie.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 10:10
Quote:
pityacker
Great win well done Falcons however Worcester werenít expected to get anything today but got 2 bonus points and could easily have had 5 at the end but todayís games leave us 3 points behind.

I don't think there was any chance of Wuss winning that game. Exeter played it savvie, got the 5 points then backed off to avoid excessive wear on players & reduce the risk of injuries. If Wuss had looked like winning they would have put their foot on the gas again. The stronger teams can do this, and we have been on the receiving end of it before. You think your team is in with a chance of a mighty comeback at the end of the game, then they put you back in your box & open the margin again.

chiplad (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 15:52
Do we know what Toby is supposed to have said? Always seems such a pleasant chap.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 16:55
If Tigs end up bottom, relegation will end. Not that I have a problem with that.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 17:07
Quote:
chiplad
Do we know what Toby is supposed to have said? Always seems such a pleasant chap.

He was telling the boys that before they disappeared into the changing rooms to start partying they could go & show their appreciation to the travelling supporters. The way that he worded was rather unfortunate -"....go and see those f@c&ers over there...." caught by somebody on their mobile phone & within no time up on t'internet, and of course there were people who just couldn't wait to be offended who then harrumphed on various social media. I know Toby, there is absolutely no way that he would mean anything insulting, just his way of getting his point across that it was important to recognise the supporters before leaving the pitch, and good for him to do so when you can imagine that all they wanted to do was start partying.

If it becomes an issue, which I hope it doesn't, please can we call it Floodgate!

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 17:20
God people are so easily offended these days. You smart even call them a f***er without them thinking youíre insulting them. Bloody snowflakes. I

steve1888 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 17:20
Blimey so all blowing up for nothing. Move on we have league to climb.

Osric (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 19:22
Is that it? Whoever was offended (probably no-one) get over it. It's a term of endearment.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 19:36
Also, bear in mind that it is a very short video clip.

So, ladies and gentlemen, we can believe that either:

1. The person taking the video got extremely lucky, only recorded a few seconds but it turned out like that. Woohoo! Send it off to t'internet rugby site, top result, my five seconds of fame. Sounds a bit unlikely to me to be honest.

or:

2. It was part of a longer video clip, but showing all of it would put in in context & nobody would care. Much better to chop off the bit before & the bit after & turn it into something that appears offensive, well it does if they sell it to the public as offensive.

Unfortunately this is the world that anybody well known has to live in these days.

Good for Toby I say, for reminding the players that they should thank their supporters before patting themselves on the back.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 20:06
The chap who posted it has been contacted by Floody, who apologised for the choice of words while explaining it was never meant as an insult. The apology was accepted straightaway and the clip taken down. I think we can all move on now.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 20:11
Unfortunate choice of words but seems to be nothing harmful overall, and Toby's heart was in the right place.

zackary71 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 20:12
Just to clarify Monkey, the match was broadcast/live streamed on rugbypass, and the video looks to have been professionally shot pitchside. I applaud his decision to get the players over to the travelling support, but the term "rabble", "fans", "flock" or even..."supporters" would have surely sufficed ? Having supported the Falcons away at the Ricoh previously, I too would feel a bit underwhelmed to have been described in such a way. Judging by the comments by fellow Falcons fans who were at the game yesterday, I'm not alone. Ultimately, this is a Forum and everyone has a right to express their opinion. There's no right or wrong. Sadly, for some, the incident took the gloss off a magnificent win. Still, apology has been made and we move on.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 20:33
Tbh I was a Ďhappy and grateful f##kerí at the Ricoh yesterday and my wife kids appreciated the players coming over for pictures post match.
Much ado about absolutely nothing!!!! Bored with it already and an absolute nothing story.
Hope the lads had a few beers after the game and bring on Sale!
It must be a british thing, when we lose we like to moan, when we win, we like to find something to moan about. Canít win!!

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 20:49
Having just watched the highlights it really did sound like a home crowd cheering at the end.

Clearly meant a lot to the players too - celebrations looked pretty good! I imagine the bus journey home was fun...

markismith50 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 20:55
To be fair to the lads there was no booze on the bus, although spirits were certainly high and there was a canny old singsong.

aidanb (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 22:49
Can we get t shirts printed

ďThere are f uckers in FalconsĒ

chiplad (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 23:05
Quote:
zackary71
Just to clarify Monkey, the match was broadcast/live streamed on rugbypass, and the video looks to have been professionally shot pitchside. I applaud his decision to get the players over to the travelling support, but the term "rabble", "fans", "flock" or even..."supporters" would have surely sufficed ? Having supported the Falcons away at the Ricoh previously, I too would feel a bit underwhelmed to have been described in such a way. Judging by the comments by fellow Falcons fans who were at the game yesterday, I'm not alone. Ultimately, this is a Forum and everyone has a right to express their opinion. There's no right or wrong. Sadly, for some, the incident took the gloss off a magnificent win. Still, apology has been made and we move on.
This. Vastly experienced pro makes entirely inappropriate comment, apparently the person who posts the footage is wrong to do so, according to some on here. The club rep then tells us itís all cool because he thinks we should move on. Unbelievably badly handled.

aidanb (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 23:13
Quote:
chiplad
Quote:
zackary71
This. Vastly experienced pro makes entirely inappropriate comment, apparently the person who posts the footage is wrong to do so, according to some on here. The club rep then tells us itís all cool because he thinks we should move on. Unbelievably badly handled.

Shall we organise a public dressing down ?

Will I need to bring the piano wire ?

The Umpa Lumpa (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 23:26
Oh for f*** sake ... letís make an almighty fuss over nothing eh?

Clearly, the context in which heís used the word(s) is not meant in an offensive way at all. Iím one very happy ďf***erĒ with this results, and quite frankly Iím happy for Floody to be a normal bloke and say such things - they werent used in a derogatory manner.

As Smithy says, letís move on and concentrate on important matters - premiership survival

aidanb (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 23:35
Quote:
The Umpa Lumpa
Oh for f*** sake ... letís make an almighty fuss over nothing eh?
Clearly, the context in which heís used the word(s) is not meant in an offensive way at all. Iím one very happy ďf***erĒ with this results, and quite frankly Iím happy for Floody to be a normal bloke and say such things - they werent used in a derogatory manner.

As Smithy says, letís move on and concentrate on important matters - premiership survival

Would be good wouldnít it.

Osric (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 06:48
So, we need one more win than Worcester, ignoring bonus points. It's going to be tight.

dick g (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 06:56
Can somebody please explain what Noah Flood is alleged to have said and the context. None of the postings here make if clear. That apart, the result was a great welcome home pressie on my return from the Land Of The Long White Cloud.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 07:16
Take away the context of the league, and all the lads can do is beat the team infront of them. Two from two is a fantastic result and we canít ask for any more. Yes there were handling errors but other teams are having the same issue. In a normal season around the 30 points mark saw you safe but this year it isnít going to do it. We ended up bottom after 1/3 of the season , letís see if we can escape it in the last 3rd.
There have been a lot of discussions about salary caps etc but inspire of this the league is competitive from bottom to top, maybe with the exception of the mighty chiefs and Saracens with their construction empire (see other thread)
Hopefully the lads have regained some confidence and self esteem.
Going to be an interesting couple of months

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 08:03
A bit of confidence back, players returning from injury - here's hoping that gives us the edge needed

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 08:28
Toby was an absolute leader on the pitch on Saturday. Constantly barking out orders and driving the lads on. At the end he sprints over to Brett Connon to congratulate him and have a few words in his ear.

You could see that he was absolutely pumped up and buzzing with excitement on getting the win....he then makes this comment and in addition to this says "then we can get into the dressing room and talk about things"

Clearly no offence intended in my opinion!!

lizard118 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 11:57
You win a massive game, as per subject of the thread. You're very excited! pumped up even with adrenaline and you freely share your true emotions! You're excited!
As far as I'm concerned Floody like someone has already said is just expressing himself as anyone would under the circumstances. He could have said cnuts, I wouldn't care. Ultimately, I know I'm not a cnut. I don't think there was any malicious intent. Let's look forward and back the club.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2019 11:59 by lizard118.

aidanb (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 12:02
Quote:
lizard118
...I don't think there was any malicious intent. Let's look forward and back the club.

this

trummy200 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 12:58
As Lizzard has alluded to, high on adrenaline one maybe one is not ones normal self! That also could be a factor when supporters leaving the stadium are doing silly things that normally they would not do. Not that that should be an excuse!

FALCONSMAD (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 13:13
As one of the travelling fans at the ground on Saturday i think its appropriate to set the record straight regarding Toby Food. Despite a difficult end to his game (injured, missing the penalty and then giving away a penalty a minute later) Toby took 5 minutes after the game to chat to us and thanked us for our support.Toby always has time for the fans after the games and is often the first to come offer and offer his thanks.

The Great Escape is on so lets continue to get behind the lads for the run in!

#TeamFlood

Yorksfalcon (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 13:45
I think that anybody taking offence at this does not understand that it was used as a term of endearment although admittedly an inappropriate one. Anybody that does not expect such language to pass the lips of professional rugby players obviously hasnít been listening to the ref mike carefully enough.

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 17:45
I find it a weird one. I can imagine it being used in a non offensive way to mates, but it does seem a tad daft to refer to customers like that.

The thing that amused me most is that the bloke on twitter who complained about being called a f***er does nothing but tweet out p*rn so heís probably more of a w***er.

trummy200 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 18:10
Time to move on - great result - All to play for now! COYF

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 19:21
Indeed. Itís set up the big one to be a massive one. And with Mark Wilson potentially available things are looking up.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 20:10
Quote:
Andy Mac
I find it a weird one. I can imagine it being used in a non offensive way to mates, but it does seem a tad daft to refer to customers like that.
The thing that amused me most is that the bloke on twitter who complained about being called a f***er does nothing but tweet out p*rn so heís probably more of a w***er.

Surprised he didn't realise he was creating a storm in a D-cup.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 20:24
At times like this when there is some debate regarding the proper use or interpretation of a word, I find it instructive to refer to Roger's Profanisaurus, that excellent etymological compendium of words and their various definitions that has been published by Viz for over 40 years.

The relevant definition found here is as follows:

F***er n. Anything at all. "F***ing hell. look at the size of that f***er!" Sir Christopher Wren on seeing the dome of Saint Peter's in Rome.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 20:31
One of my proudest writing feats is having an entry published in Rogerís Profanisaurus (I wonít say what it was, before anyone asks!)

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 21:11
Join the club Mark, the pinnacle of my writing career.

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 21:27
Quote:
markismith50
One of my proudest writing feats is having an entry published in Rogerís Profanisaurus (I wonít say what it was, before anyone asks!)

I think Iíd rather know this than our next signing.

dick g (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 07:42
Quote:
dick g
Can somebody please explain what Noah Flood is alleged to have said and the context. None of the postings here make if clear. That apart, the result was a great welcome home pressie on my return from the Land Of The Long White Cloud.

I think I have managed to work out what Noah said. Can't imagine for a single moment that he meant it to be offensive. Can we conjure a new chant out of thus?

"One F in uckers, there's only one F in uckers........"

Or, "One F in Flood, there's only one F in Flood........."

alchemist (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 13:38
Dick G,

I like the latter :-) Complimentary, yet with a touch of irony.......

dick g (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 13:18
Quote:
Monkey1

Where did I fail in 50 years as a pro hack?

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 13:34
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
Monkey1

Where did I fail in 50 years as a pro hack?

Perhaps you don't have a sufficiently twisted mind to come up with this stuff.

plzd (IP Logged)
22 March, 2019 19:31
Quote:
Andy Mac
God people are so easily offended these days. You smart even call them a f***er without them thinking youíre insulting them. Bloody snowflakes. I
agree one hundred percent

Andy Mac (IP Logged)
24 March, 2019 11:44
#facepalm

aidanb (IP Logged)
24 March, 2019 16:25
BBC News have this on their web page

Sale director of rugby Steve Diamond:

"Rob Webber got a bite mark that needed treatment at half-time and after the game. The citing officer will have to have a look at it. He'll decide what happens."

What an absolute load of tosh.

If there was broken skin then a tetanus would have been needed; for all else it would have been a bruise and if that bloke what manages Sale ever had treatment for a bruise then I'm a will bare my @#$%& in his front room.

Shut your gob Diamond

trummy200 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2019 16:39
Don't mince your words A!

aidanb (IP Logged)
24 March, 2019 16:47
Quote:
trummy200
Don't mince your words A!

yeah, I'm not one for being gentle around the china.

direct is one word or subtle as a brick is another

but that statement from his is just absolutely pathetic and has got me ready to fight the little so and so.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
24 March, 2019 22:25
Maybe Webber shouldnt have tried to strangle Green then ....

He should be cited aswell!

Quin Kong (IP Logged)
24 March, 2019 22:46
[quote aidanb]Can we get t shirts printed

ďThere are f uckers in FalconsĒ[/quot

Surely it would be better as , ,í thereís only one F in Falcons, one F in Falconsí as a T-shirt slogan?

QUIN KONG

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net