rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 23 March v Sale Sharks at St James' Park, 5.30pm

Saturday 6 April v Saracens at Allianz Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Wasps 19-20 Newcastle Falcons (!)

Zach Kibirige
Cantabrian (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 11:55
Coventry Live reporting that Wasps are interested in signing Zach to replace the recently departed Christian Wade as a new winger with the X-factor. I hope not!

Re: Zach Kibirige
Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 12:40
This was mentioned in the Rugby Paper a few weeks back by Fissler
Letís wait and see what happens

lizard118 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 13:08
I hope it's not true. And yes let's wait and see. For our part we need to be more progressive and retain the talent we invest in. Build the club around these local lads. Sale are doing it offering long term contracts to their academy graduates.
The likes of Goneva and Sinoti are not going to go on forever and we need some forward planning . Having said that, I like the look of Morgan Passman and hope to see him getting some game time next season. Looks quite a unit for a winger.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 13:21
Is there only room for one of Radwan & Kibirigie - in their eyes perhaps.

Also doesn't say much for Marcus Watson who I thought ticked most boxes for a winger and wouldve happily still had at KP.

aidanb (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 13:28
The way Zach has played recently it would be fair to say he could be in on merit with Sinoti being the one to sit it out on the bench

steve1888 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 13:46
I'd agree with that

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 13:58
If it reduces Sinotti's workload that's not a bad thing, plus imagine trying to keep Zack quiet then Sinotti comes on!

aidanb (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 14:39
Quote:
Bedlington Lad
If it reduces Sinotti's workload that's not a bad thing, plus imagine trying to keep Zack quiet then Sinotti comes on!

Too right

concolor (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 15:41
Zach is staying

AJfalc (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 15:48
Quote:
concolor
Zach is staying

That's what Deano said - hope so.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 15:51
Zac has taken some time to break through, due to various reasons, the bad injury then the court case.

But for whatever reason he's not been seen as a definite starter, until recently.

Radwan seemingly falling in to the same category.

Passman does look like a big fella on the wing, and he is scoring tries for fun with his club. So it will be interesting to see his development.

Im sure they have their reasons and full knowledge of what they want in the management team.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 15:54
Quote:
AJfalc
Quote:
concolor
Zach is staying

That's what Deano said - hope so.

Well maybe Zacs form has shown he is ready to be a starter, or certainly share it with Sinoti and Goneva, with Radwan and Passman and Arscott supporting.

I would be happy with those options.

exhooker (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 07:36
I was disappointed when Watson left, but if he hadn't then Kibirige stays down the pecking order. At the present I'd take Zach over Marcus Watson any day.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 09:14
Marcus has been another example of thinking that the grass was greener elsewhere.

He only gets game time when their so called star players are unavailable and i really do think that if he had stayed with us he would have absolutely flourished.

I rate him very highly, but think that his development has not progressed as well as it could have done with us as i am sure he would have had much more game time.

Zach is developing nicely now and i do not think that he will move on!

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 09:41
I think Marcus was injured a lot which also didn't help his cause but I agree I think his opportunities have been limited

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 09:56
Hope we don't get rid of Kibirige much better option than Arscott. smiling smiley

aidanb (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 10:02
Quote:
AFalcon24
Hope we don't get rid of Kibirige much better option than Arscott. smiling smiley

I would think if Zach wasn't here next season it more a case of him choosing to leave rather than us sending him on his way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net