Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go†elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Saturday 21 September 2019 v Jersey Reds at Stade Santander International, 3.00pm (Cup)

Sunday 29 September 2019 v Doncaster Knights at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

The new batch of Falcons
Discussion started by GeordieFalcon , 13 June, 2019 12:50
The new batch of Falcons
GeordieFalcon 13 June, 2019 12:50
Just announced next years Senior academy...19

Lots of talent coming through..

[www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

Re: The new batch of Falcons
Exiled Falcon 13 June, 2019 18:51
Pretty excited about this announcement. All more or less young local guys and a few with representative honours already. Hereís hoping we can keep them, play them, and develop them into first team players.

BedfordFalcon 13 June, 2019 19:44
The promotion of 3 academy players to the full squad is great news. Especially Radwan. Absolutely fantastic that he is staying with the Falcons

Monkey1 17 June, 2019 07:33
I wonder if we will see more academy players tested out in the first team this season than perhaps we would have done if we had been battling to survive in the Premiership? Not only is the heat off for the whole team, it is also a less attritional league, so players who may not have been quite ready to suffer the battering of Premiership rugby, may be deemed ready to join the 1st team in the Championship. It could be a good season for bringing along some future stars.

GeordieFalcon 17 June, 2019 09:55
Monkey

i think the key thing is that we still have a large part of our team / squad from last season intact.

Yes We need to get the tactics and implementation better of course from last season, but at least we should be able to put the kids in to a settled side where they will be given a chance to show what they can do.

And hopefully we wont have as man injuries.

pityacker 17 June, 2019 10:50
Lock,centre,wing and full back is where we know we have lost good players so far but we donít know yet who has been released , three new locks have been signed although IMHO a step down from the quality we have lost and an experienced Welsh centre and a prop from the championship and so far no indications of further strengthening of the squad ,it certainly wonít be easy trying to sign quality players to play in the championship so I would guess that one or two younger players will be played from time to time in the championship I certainly canít see a host of them being brought in together for the important league games but no doubt a number will get their chances in the cup games. Ealing look like a big challenge and are still strengthening but there will be other difficulties along the line but hopefully Falcons will overcome them.

GeordieFalcon 17 June, 2019 12:37
Do you think there'll be a few releases named Pit?

Sinoti, Goneva?

Im not sure now.

We can probably put out a backline of:

9 Takulua
10 Flood / Hodgson
11 SInoti
12 Josh Matavesi
13 Williams
14 Goneva / Radwan
15 Tait

With that as the basis, you can start and merge the kids...ie put Passman on the wing one game or Charlie Wilson in at centre etc.

same in the forwards.

pityacker 17 June, 2019 14:46
GF - apart from the short term contracted players Olmstead and Dunbar going I cant recall Mavinga being officially announced although it's common knowledge he is going home to France plus without naming them I think at least one prop and a lock will be released while nothing has been said if Goneva is staying or going my own thoughts are he will seek pastures new, also Waldoucks future either as a player or coach hasn't been announced yet but all should be revealed in a couple of weeks when everyone is back for pe season.

GeordieFalcon 17 June, 2019 22:03
Yeah true about Mavinga. Hopefully we dont lose too many more.

Josh Hodges performances in the U20s are hugely encouraging

pityacker 17 June, 2019 22:51
Yes Josh Hodge a real prospect and has a great left boot still to mature physically but only just 19 and I think available for the under 20s next season could possibly be ready for premier rugby if we go straight back up.

eebagum 18 June, 2019 13:03
This 'New Batch of Falcons' is the best news for Falcons since , well since a very long time.
In years to come we can be comparing them to the Class of 92 which saved Alex Fergusons blushes at Manchester United.
There is quality right through it, and in most positions too.This time we need to manage these youngsters differently.No more 'experienced ' signings to clog up their promotion to the First Team.We have a balanced Squad as we know it right now, it just needs mixing up on Match Day.
Hodgson must start at 10, getting the ball away from the bottleneck we saw last season at 10/12.
Radwan must start on the Wing.
Hodge must start at 15.
Flood and Tait on the bench will cover all the back line.
The pack is always more difficult to manage where experience counts for so much- but a place must be found in the Match Day Squad to provide for this experience.
We can come back up into the Premiership with a squad, maybe average age mid twenties-so much younger than last time -then make positive development/progress and generate the success and income which will keep the Class of 19/20 at Kingston Park.
Simples!!

GeordieFalcon 18 June, 2019 14:50
Im very interested to see how young Morgan Passman goes aswell. He's a much more physical powerful winger, and could develop into quite a unit on the wing.

He's scored alot of tries for Tynedale..and had some great reviews.

eebagum 18 June, 2019 15:43
Yes Geordie have just taken a look at Morgan on Club Website and you tube...looks quite a prospect and not yet 20.Power with pace on one wing and sheer pace with a sidestep on the other....looking good for us.
While writing can I ask Mark to put player details in English as well as Metric?
Multiplying by 39 or 2.2 and making appropriate division is testing the grey matter!

GeordieFalcon 19 June, 2019 15:12
The thing that strikes me about this lot...is so many are genuine ball carriers...pacy, and direct.

Even Montgommery the lock is athletic and a fast carrier. I look forward to seeing him once he's bulked up a bit..and see how he gets introduced.

NorthernMaori 24 June, 2019 09:15
From watching the U20s, you guys have a real gem of player in Hodge. Hopefully he gets plenty of gametime this season in the Championship. Can clearly play wing or fullback and has a very good boot for kicking at goal.

Exciting season for you guys coming up despite not being in the Premiership

GeordieFalcon 24 June, 2019 11:32
Josh is getting the accolades from the U20, but we have a host of talented kids coming through.

Hopefully it'll be a great season.

Flumpty 25 June, 2019 11:57
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
The thing that strikes me about this lot...is so many are genuine ball carriers...pacy, and direct.
Even Montgommery the lock is athletic and a fast carrier. I look forward to seeing him once he's bulked up a bit..and see how he gets introduced.

I'm sure that I saw him playig on the wing for Kendal once as well !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net