rugbyunion
Latest News:

For arranging lift shares, meeting up for trains and generally getting Wasps to matches. Any travel advice, parking tips etc welcome. Another wonderful service for all Waspies to use. Sharing makes sense! Since the move to play @RicohArena, Wasps RFC recommends using the @LiftShare for rugby car scheme. There is another alternative founded by a Wasps FC member, Tony Lynch, that you may also wish to investigate called Faxi (@Faxijourneys).

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

Newcomer to Ricoh parking!!
geoffm (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 11:30
Hi all
Looking for some help!
I made my first visit to the Ricoh for the Leicester match yesterday, and enjoyed it so much i will probably get a season ticket but for one thing - the parking!!
I parked on a side road, Mallory way, near the Leekes store because this road didn't have double yellows so I assumed it was OK. On my return I had a parking ticket and on looking around I realised there was plenty of notice that on event days you couldn't park there.
So my question is: where do I park on match days? I had checked all the official parking and it was sold out. And the nearest "Just Park" spot was 30 minutes walk away.
Any way round this??
Thanks
Geoff

Re: Newcomer to Ricoh parking!!
Laterontoday (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 15:00
Parking is my major bugbear for the Ricoh especially when I have pre paid and still get turned away.

You can prebook Car Parks A/B at the Ricoh via www.glideparking.com, does sell out fairly quickly. I havent worked out where and how you can pre pay Car Park C.

Other off site car parks can be booked via www.ricoharenaparking.co.uk. Prices vary and as we saw yesterday the operator takes the p**s when they double or quadruple the usual prices for a game.

There do appear to be a few cash on the day car parks but you take pot luck. I guess these can be found via google.

geoffm (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 17:20
Thanks for this info.

My problem is that when I have had season tickets in the past (season ticket holder at Worcester for 15 years up to 2013 - don't laugh!!) I often can't commit to going to the game until a few days beforehand. This was never a problem at Worcester because you could always get somewhere to park in easy walking distance - but it sounds like this will be a major problem at Wasps.

Laterontoday (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 17:26
You can buy a season ticket for parking in one of the Ricoh car parks when you buy/renew your entry season ticket. Alternatively the outside car parking outfit I think also do a season ticket at the start of the season.

I forgot this season and they were all sold out when I eventually wanted one. I think they worked out this season at about 120 for car park A/B.

happyhooker (IP Logged)
15 January, 2017 20:31
Try parking at Coventry Welsh RFC on Burbages Lane CV6 6AY, 5 per car and only a 10 minute walk to the Ricoh (Pedestrian traffic crossing lights permitting). Alternatively, there is a small car park behind the old Social club building on the A444 roundabout for 10 per car. Both are cheaper than stadium parking and are easier to get away after the game too.
I gave up buying stadium parking after working out they sold more tickets than spaces available.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/01/2017 20:33 by happyhooker.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net