rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bath Team
dawson9 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 11:17
15. Nick Abendanon
14. Joe Maddock
13. Alex Crockett
12. Shontayne Hape
11. Matt Banahan
10. Butch James
9. Scott Bemand
1. David Flatman
2. Lee Mears
3. Duncan Bell
4. Justin Harrison
5. Peter Short
6. Andy Beattie
7. Michael Lipman (c)
8. Jonny Faamatuainu

Replacements:
16. Rob Hawkins
17. Aaron Jarvis
18. Stuart Hooper
19. James Scaysbrook
20. Mike Baxter
21. Shaun Berne
22. Andrew Higgins

So pretty much their first choice team!

Re: Bath Team
malco (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 11:23
Well, not including Claassens, Grewcock, Browne and, obviously Stevens. With Wuss fielding a complete second team against Harlequins we really need to get a bonus point win. Expect to have the kitchen sink thrown! I think this could be one of the games of the season. Two teams desperate for points for different reasons.

dawson9 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 11:26
Quote:
Claassens, Grewcock, Browne and, obviously Stevens.

They're all injured though aren't they? I thought Stevens had resigned from Bath now.

Personally I think we're going to get completed wiped off the park by your boys, but there we go!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/03/2009 11:27 by dawson9.

Boooo (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 11:27
You're not going to bleat on about not having Stevens for the next 2 years as if he was unfortunate to be out with an injury are you?

Heathen (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 11:32
Wasps changes from Sunday will possibly see the inclusion of Vicks, Ward, Birkett, Worzel, Serge, Hart, Veale, Shawsy on the bench, Robinson or Reddan, Walder if fit (or Jez), Hoadley, Mitchell, beyond that we are clutching at straws as the backs cover is very thin.

B P loss, if we are lucky?

dawson9 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 11:34
Can't see us getting much more than that Heathen.

We have no form at all, we can't score tries, and we're playing away to one of the best teams in the league at the moment, at a ground where we found it hard to win even in our 'glory years'.

Mike-s (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 11:40
i like the go in feeling negative , then yer not dissapointed attitude you guys have , but still expect a toughy tomorow night with a Bath win JUST !

COME ON YOU BATH
!!!!!!!
BATH, BATH, WHEREVER WE MAY BE WE ARE THE BOYS FROM THE WEST COUNTRY , AND WE'LL BEAT YOU ALL WHOEVER YOU MAY BE , BEAT YOU ALL FOR THE WEST COUNTRY !
Mike-s, in exile in Bridgwater

Richardwasp (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 11:47
Dawson9

your facts are slightly in accurate even if your view on likely result is possibly more so

we have won at Bath 3 times in the last 5 visits

I will be there as I missed last years classic

dawson9 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 11:49
Fair play Richard. I still think it's a very tough play to pick up away points though.

welsh wasp (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 12:36
dawson - we disagree again. We had a generally good performance against Saracens so form may, I do say may, be coming back.

Chins (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 13:20
I'm also looking forward to going to the match tomorrow.

Pity we cant field our A team unlike Barf pretty much can, but there you go. Ready to enjoy some banter with the Barf fans.

Dobbin (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 13:25
Quote:
We had a generally good performance against Saracens

I must have missed that. To me it was symptomatic of our entire season - no matter how much possession we win, we can't seem to score tries.

Mike-s (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 13:53
the only place where your team is " weaker " is the bench , thats not a bad side if it's yer 2nd choice ,
daft thing is it could all have been avoided and we could all have watched 2 fresh teams on a st afternoon at a sociable KO time , but hey ho !

COME ON YOU BATH
!!!!!!!
BATH, BATH, WHEREVER WE MAY BE WE ARE THE BOYS FROM THE WEST COUNTRY , AND WE'LL BEAT YOU ALL WHOEVER YOU MAY BE , BEAT YOU ALL FOR THE WEST COUNTRY !
Mike-s, in exile in Bridgwater

fats (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 14:29
Wasps will be lucky to finish second!

Richardwasp (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 14:48
on paper a mismatch

first choice bath against 1/2 choice wasps

I think it will be closer than everyone thinks

but as i said at half time in Leinster "I think we can win this"

welsh wasp (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 14:57
Dobbin - I did say better than in the rest of the season but our inability to score tries after appearing to do well mirrors, sadly, the Ospreys performance against Gloucester last Saturday and, even more sadly, the Wales performance in most of this year's Six Nations.

Montagu (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 15:05
Bonus point victory for Wasps as the backs each run in a try greatly impressing Ma'a who will watching in the stands catapulting us up the table and into the HEC. (Sm119)

Is it televised or can I stow in someones car boot?

malco (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 15:27
Quote:
Boooo
You're not going to bleat on about not having Stevens for the next 2 years as if he was unfortunate to be out with an injury are you?
I'm one of the most vocal critics of Matt Stevens and his chosen path. We have signed a replacement player for next season, so next season there is no issue. It is very much an issue for the rest of this season though - Stevens has left us very threadbare at tight head and it may well be that Duncan Bell has to start three games in a week as a result.

Dobbin (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 15:32
Quote:
Dobbin - I did say better than in the rest of the season but our inability to score tries after appearing to do well mirrors, sadly, the Ospreys performance against Gloucester last Saturday and, even more sadly, the Wales performance in most of this year's Six Nations.

Very true. God help the Lions!

gaz909 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2009 17:31
Hmm as baff lad i'm more than a little uneasy about this one - your lot have had a nasty knack of causing mayhem in our defence when we least expect it in recent years - last year same match at halftime you were on a hiding and then ... there will be tries for both teams and no more than a score in it at the end - not for the fainthearted!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net