rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
It just got a whole lot hotter in the kitchen
Heathen (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 21:15
After the Falcons win tonight, Sunday is MUST win.

My concerns are a. can we handle the pressure and b. do we have enough men with the nous to do it, still standing?

Two more crocked last week. Some of the 23 carrying knocks as well. We have to defend for our lives against Glaws.

My vision of Gopperth having a kick to win the last game of the season and send us down (or Robinson missing one that would have won it for us) won't go away.

Re: It just got a whole lot hotter in the kitchen
Buttoi (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 21:23
Quote:
Heathen

My vision of Gopperth having a kick to win the last game of the season and send us down (or Robinson missing one that would have won it for us) won't go away.

I had this same vision as well. It will be very worrying if we lose on Sunday but we still have it all in our hands! Bonus points are just as vital.

I know it's not nice to think off but I hope we have a game plan being drawn up if we are relegated. It is important that we don't lose this core of youngsters. The vultures will be circling sad smiley.

COYW and gloucester please bring your poor away form!!

dawson99 (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 22:01
Squeaky bum time

marx (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 22:23
As Frazer would say: We're doomed!
As Jones would say: Don't painic!!!!!!!!!

it's not over till the fat lady sings (and hopefully sits on a couple of newcastle players on the way to her seat) :-S

midlander5 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 05:44
I predicted this last week. I still feel it will be a straight shoot out on May 5th as I don't believe with all our injuries we can win against Glaws or indeed Quins. I would love to be proved wrong !

Keith Johnson
Camra Member 224855.
PS BRING BACK BARNEY WE NEED MORE ARGUMENTS!!!!

Big Bazza (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 06:30
Also by mid-May we should also have Wentzle, Wade and Varndell back.

I do think a win tomorrow is crucial or let's hope that Newcastle get nothing from their next two games.

colourbloke (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 07:00
My 8 year old woke me up 40 mins ago, and immediately I'm unable to get back to sleep because of the result last night.

I'm thinking about missed opportunities in matches throughout the season,i.e. should we have taken the 3pts against Exeter instead of going for the corner etc...etc?

Tomorrow will be a game of massive pressure for the team and, if our experienced heads are feeling it, just think of the youngsters.

I'll be in the Dreams Stand with a group of mini-rugby players. I'm hoping not to teach them too many new words!

COYW(Sm138)

Big Bazza (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 07:20
Quote:
colourbloke
My 8 year old woke me up 40 mins ago, and immediately I'm unable to get back to sleep because of the result last night.
I'm thinking about missed opportunities in matches throughout the season,i.e. should we have taken the 3pts against Exeter instead of going for the corner etc...etc?

Tomorrow will be a game of massive pressure for the team and, if our experienced heads are feeling it, just think of the youngsters.

I'll be in the Dreams Stand with a group of mini-rugby players. I'm hoping not to teach them too many new words!

COYW(Sm138)

I've also been reflecting of games we should have won... the game at the beginning of the year against Newcastle for one... We need to keep four or five points between us and them. I hope we get something from this game and Newcastle get nothing from Glaws at home.

Heathen (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 08:52
Also by mid-May we should also have Wentzle, Wade and Varndell back.

Too late - last league game is May 5. If we do get to the Amlin Final, (and a big if) they would be useful!

Hucks_nli (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 09:35
Heathen - don't know if you saw the saints game on telly but commentators kept suggesting that if needed for the final game, wasps thought they could Marco & varndell back - IF needed.

so - ideally they'd not have to play, but there's a strong chance.

which is positive! let's hope they're not needed. I still believe if we beat Glaws tomorrow it'll be too big a hill for falcons. Away to Glaws & home to sarries I don't see them getting more than 2 points to be honest, but even a surprise win and a losing BP would leave them 5 points adrift going into final game if we won tomorrow and don't pick up any more points.

More importantly I think winning tomorrow could knock the stuffing out of them. Every time they get 2 points (v quins) or 4 points, we go and get 4 as well. They'll feel beaten.

HAVE to win tomorrow - then I feel safe. Lose and we're still in the better position easily but it'll be getting hot under the collar,

Big Bazza (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 10:17
On a positive note Glaws have only won twice away this season. Their away record is pretty awful this year.

mel1 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 10:27
ssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I admit that last nights result was the first thing I thought about on waking this morning. We can do this though, crowd has a big part to play(Sm30)

dawson9 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 10:33
"but even a surprise win and a losing BP would leave them 5 points adrift going into final game if we won tomorrow and don't pick up any more points. "

3 points surely?

A win and a losing BP for newcastle would leave them on 28 points. A win for us tomorrow and no more points would leave us on 31.

Andy1210 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 11:56
The worst thing is the ifs and buts. The biggest one for me is the 6-0 home defeat by Worcester - if we'd reversed that we'd be safe. That one is going to haunt me.

We can't miss a third of our tackles tomorrow. I still won't write off the Bath game because I think we should be able to take at least a losing bonus point if not a win.

It it goes down to a last game shoot out it'll mean Falcons are in the ascendency formwise which is what we don't want.

Be good to see Wentzel back but not as captain - we've been more galvanised with Hugo leading.

31 March, 2012 12:14
Whoever did the fixture list couldn't have made it more dramatic with the last game of the sason. From what I understand, from another thread, if level on points after the last game of the season then the team with most points from wins/draws i.e. not bonus points, is ahead?

If that is the case, please correct me if I am wrong, then the possibilities with that last game are as follows:

Wasps 6 or more points ahead - we all have a good day out

Wasps 5 points ahead - Newcastle have to win by 4 tries and more than 7 points to stay up

Wasps 4 points ahead - A win by more than 7 points would do it for Newcastle

Wasps 3 or fewer points ahead - A Newcastle win by any score would do it for them

Of course a Wasps win vs Newcastle would render the above irrelevant even if we went into the game 2 points behind but my blood pressure couldn't stand that!

A win vs Gloucester would make a lot of difference to our position given the rest of the run-in. Let's just focus on that and get behind the lads.

MartinB

seamus129 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 12:17
all im saying is my pants are full of poo now.

Beckenham Wasp (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 12:44
The tie breakers for teams level on points are as follows. Most wins, then points difference and then points for.

The wins count would be level while Wasps have superior points difference. That should put Wasps in the box seat if it things get close.

[www.premiershiprugby.com]

Heathen (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 12:47
Hucks - thanx for the info. Was not aware.

Hangover (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 13:00
I don't know what you lot are worried about Newcastle won't win any more games and we will pick up a LBP or two. Then we will take them apart on the last game of the season - simples :-)

muglee (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 16:26
Quote:
Hangover
I don't know what you lot are worried about Newcastle won't win any more games and we will pick up a LBP or two. Then we will take them apart on the last game of the season - simples :-)

Hit the nail on the head! I think two more points will be enough even if we are beaten by falcons

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net