rugbyunion
Latest News:

Any enquiries, please contact "enquiries@nospamdrunkenwasps.com" -- NB: remove "nospam" to reach this mailbox! Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | Amlin Cup TV | MatchDayLive Score Updates

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Re: Farrell says no to England
Beckenham Wasp (IP Logged)
12 April, 2012 22:17
Burns and Ford should be the fly halves going forward for England. Farrell junior is a 12 in my book. That is where he played in the very good 2011 England U20 side.

[www.irb.com]

ROUTE 66 (IP Logged)
12 April, 2012 23:50
Beckenham....Burns and Ford should be the fly halves going forward for England....Burns who was quoted by Austin Healy after our match against Glaws as the reason why Glaws didn't win the match....ie Nicky Robinson was the difference between the two sides in game management and experience...and Ford in front of Cips...?????? mmmmmmmmmm I don't think so for a million and one reasons.

13 April, 2012 01:19
Burns might be a bit rough around the edges but he as the skills set to be a international fly half. With experience and greater maturity he could be very, very good.

Geoff P (IP Logged)
13 April, 2012 10:01
Quote:
ROUTE 66
Ford in front of Cips...?????? mmmmmmmmmm I don't think so for a million and one reasons.

I think there's lots of Wasps fans - those who've watched Cips play on many occasions, especially since the injury - who could come up with a few reasons why at the moment it should be Ford in front of Cips.

To imply the Danny's game is without any weakness is to deny reality. He still has glittering potential, but I'm sure even the man himself would agree there are things he needs to demonstrate have improved before he'll get a sniff of the England side again. However, having said that, now that Stuart Lancaster is the coach, and he's going to Sale, I think he will make that improvement.

Andy1210 (IP Logged)
13 April, 2012 11:51
I think this makes the SA trip very interesting. We seemed to have a real mental strength with Farrell in the coaching set up.

I understood Farrell was the defence coach and Lancaster the backs, and I think we looked strong and gritty the way we were playing. Losing Farrell is a massive blow.

Re Cips, I'll probably get slated here for saying this, but he's got two flaws to his game: he won't tackle and is afraid of contact.

I watching him crabbing across the field with ball in hand to avoid contact in his last season with us, and with Melbourne Rebels on the box, and in defence he's an open door. Sort these things and he's got a chance.

arquero (IP Logged)
13 April, 2012 12:04
I think the point with Cipriani is that he will now have an opportunity to claim an England place, something he would not have had with Johnson still in charge. It's now up to Cips to take that chance.

13 April, 2012 12:45
A have to say I agree with Andy1210. Ciprani has never had the ability to play as a pivot on the gain line as he doesn't like to be clattered. Also his front on tackling is not enough. Added to the fact that he continues to act as a tool it is not a great all round package.

Boooo (IP Logged)
13 April, 2012 13:27
Beckenham…a bit harsh, as I think he's made quite a few changes as of late.
He may not be there yet…but at least now he's heading in the right direction.

His perforamce against the Force the other week was pretty impressive.

arquero (IP Logged)
13 April, 2012 13:28
You know for a fact that he "continues to act as a tool" do you?

waspymatt (IP Logged)
13 April, 2012 14:21
I still maintain that many of Cips best performances were at full back.

14 April, 2012 02:48
Well since he moved to Melbourne he has hardly been keeping himself to himself.

I have always thought of Ciprani as a very good rugby player but a poor fly half. I have always had a theory that he could make a really good outside centre or revert to full back. In those positions his elusive pace would come into its own whilst his limitations would not be so exposed.

arquero (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 09:03
Not heard much about any off-field antics of late. So, that's because the press have tired of reporting about him is it? Must be, if he's still acting as a tool!

Boooo (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 09:32
Cips has made some big changes in his personal life, Beckenham.
He's the first to admit he went through some challenging times when he first arrived in Melbourne and that he then had counselling for depression.

But he's on his way back.
Fitting in much beter this season. Growing up.

And he's on Sky Sports at 10.30am this morning playing for the Rebels.
Fingers crossed he has a good one.

arquero (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 11:14
Boooo,

No sign of it yet today. Thirty minutes gone and Rebels struggling to come second at the moment!

waspman (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 11:21
The way Rebels are playing today I think Cips will be very happy that he is going to Sale ...or anywhere

14 April, 2012 11:31
Why we will see if he has sorted himself out when he comes face to face with the uncompromising Steve Diamond. I have an inkling that he wouldn't suffer too much nonsense.

I should also point out that since he has been in the Super 15 he is has been ranked as the worst tackler, not bad but the worst. There was a good reason why Josh Lewsey smacked on the training pitch.

arquero (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 11:48
Beckenham

Were you one of those who used to boo Cipriani during his last days at AP? Players fall out all the time on the training paddock. Only those who raise a single issue time and again, and even years after the event show they have little or no understanding of that!

waspman (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 11:50
Why does that Josh punch always get dragged up.

A larey Cips fronting up a prickly Josh in a training ground spat that got over publicised because of who was involved. I'm sure it happens all the time.... and definitely not surprising given both the characters involved.

Boooo (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 11:59
I can tell you for sure that there were enough people in that squad that wanted to (and probably did) smack Lewsey. He also wasn't always the most popular person in that squad.

Both he and Cips had a huge amount of arrogance. But you get those individuals in every rugby squad.

And this Super 15 match (Brumbies v Rebels) is sheer dross.
Shockingly awful.

Andy1210 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 02:01
Being voted worst tackler in the super 15 is some achievement where tackling isn't of the highest standard!

Beckenham Wasp is making a fair enough statement. We need to stop looking on Cips as some kind of messiah. I don't get the concept that he can't do anything wrong in some of our supporters' eyes - he said Wasps would be the club he wanted to return to first when he left and where is he now?

As for the Josh Lewsey spat - like Booo I can tell you for sure that not only did DC think he was a cut above all his fellow Wasps team mates and p*** them off, but he was also the same with his England team mates which is what lead to Johnno excluding him. Lewsey just got there before any of the others (that were reported).

It's 'rumoured' that he once openly flunked England training to go and test drive an expensive sports car and boasted about it afterwards to his team mates. That's what you call dedication and team ethos.

And before you say it, no I didn't boo him.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net