Latest News:

Any enquiries, please contact "enquiries@nospamdrunkenwasps.com" -- NB: remove "nospam" to reach this mailbox! Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | Amlin Cup TV | MatchDayLive Score Updates

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Lewsey calls for Wasps to merge with another club!
Posted by: I'm surprised!!! (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 13:20

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Wow!!!!!!

Re: Lewsey calls for Wasps to merge with another club!
Posted by: james46 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 14:12

So double the debt (as that wouldn't go away) and half the crowd / income of the combined two clubs, great idea (Sm117)

Posted by: Hangover (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 14:13

Couldn't disagree with him more on merging. We just need to find a decent buyer.

Posted by: Wasp12 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 14:18

I totally disagree with Lewsey hear ! Y would we want to merge when we have such a successful history and a young side? We will be in the prem next season still and don't think we will go into administration ether as we have lots of owners! I think maybe not next season but the season after we will be up there in the prem as r youngsters like launch berry and wade are great! Just think what will they be like with a bit more experience, also we have lots of great signings! Can't see the logic of merging???

Posted by: pds18464 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 14:22

He didnt necessarily say an AP club , maybe someone with facilities ground & money

Posted by: Wilothewasp (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 14:30

Lewsey rumour, Wasps going to Bristol(Sm1)

Posted by: arquero (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 14:33

He didn't mention any particular club. Without more detail, it's a nothing comment, really, isn't it! Like saying I'd like to see someone with 50 million quid to chuck into the pot, with enough land by the M25 to build
a nice new stadium on"!

As always, Josh seems to know exactly how to give the press a statement sufficient to keep them happy without actually giving anything away!

Posted by: waspymatt (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 15:12

It's the Daily Mirror FFS. I'd more likely believe it if the story appeared in the Daily Mash!!

Posted by: Shrek Wasp (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 16:26

Quote:
Wilothewasp

Having just moved to Bristol... YES PLEASE!!!

Please sponsor me for the London to Paris bike ride to raise money for Mind. Donations can be made by clicking here.

Date: 12 April, 2012 16:37

Quote:
Wilothewasp

Tomorrow's redtop headline - brilliant, Wilothewasp!

Posted by: Golly (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 16:45

So Josh will be back with Shawsy.

Posted by: well then (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 17:38

turning back to the matter in hand, I wonder if he has a club in mind. One owning it's own ground in W or NW London.

Any thoughts?

Date: 12 April, 2012 17:44

What is the matter in hand exactly? Some spurious comment that filled a few lines in a tabloid newspaper? It was an opinion by an ex-player that said nothing, so deserved exactly the derision it is getting!

Those are my thoughts!

Posted by: well then (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 17:45

you're very polite

Date: 12 April, 2012 17:57

I try to be. Sorry, but I don't see why any credence is being given to this article. Apart from the fact that it really says nothing, when did The Mirror become the font of all knowledge on rugby related matters?

Either Josh knows something and is putting out a cryptic little message, or he is surmising in the same way the rest of we lesser known mortals are, and it means nothing until/unless specific details emerge.

In the meantime, I think there are enough issues of real concern connected with Wasps to take too much notice of, or clog up this board with, all the smoke and mirror cr*p that is being put out by anyone who is willing to voice an opinion! All only in my humble opinion, of course.

Posted by: waspernator2 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 18:09

I would assume Josh is still in contact with several staff members at the club..

I know I risk courting unpopularity - but I suspect he's better informed than most posters here!!

Date: 12 April, 2012 18:20

W2,

I'm sure you're right, but I ask again, what does he actually say in his comments? Nothing definitive as far as I can see. In fact I'd go so far as to say that he throws a spanner in the works if we take his comments seriously.

He is reported as saying "The immediate focus for Wasps now is to find a backer, but any potential investor needs to know what the long-term plan is." Surely, if we are looking for a new owner, they will actually set the long term plan, won't they? Or does he honestly believe that a new backer will simply throw a pot of money in and say "Let me know when that lot's gone and I'll give you another wheelbarrow full" ?

I think it's time we stopped believing that people, in any way even remotely connected with Wasps, believe we have a right to know exactly what they do, just because we used to shout their names from the stands or had our photo taken with them once or twice.!

Posted by: Rifleman Harris (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 18:27

It was just an opinion. At most it may be one of the options being looked at,but I can't see it being more than that. I would doubt there has been time to put together a merger since Tuesday.

Posted by: waspernator2 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 April, 2012 18:33

Perhaps he has an Esher or London Scottish merger in mind?

Scottish have attract a decent number of fans - despite the challenges of Championship rugby. There are clear links between the clubs too and I believe several thousand attended the London Welsh game this season.

Not sure how he sees it working - but it is a curious statement from someone I think is likely to be well informed.

Date: 12 April, 2012 18:34

As a result of a post from a Sarrie supporter, I've just turned on to BBC London (Channel 974 on Sky). They have announced that there will be an article in thelocal news programme on a new investor, who could be a saviour for Wasps, in the next 30 minutes. Thanks to the Sarrie for the heads up.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net