rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Richard Haughton
WaspieMatt (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 21:05
Does anyone know why he was withdrawn from the matchday 23 so late? Apparently it wasn't due to injury.

Re: Richard Haughton
Heathen (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 21:08
From the Offy match report :

Wasps were once again forced to make a late change to their line-up, after Richard Haughton was injured in the warm-up. Jack Wallace replaced him at full-back, with Tom Prydie coming on to the bench.

After he came off last week, I was surprised that he was selected to day.

WaspieMatt (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 21:13
That answers that then. Commentators on ESPN stated categorically it wasn't injury related.

I rate Richard Haughton but I do worry about his propensity to pick up knocks and injuries sometimes. Yes- after last weeks injury in the Biaritz game I was suprised to see him named, but that's twice in recent weeks he has withdrawn either before or during the pre-match warm up.

I suppose we are now having to play or attempt to play players that are only 75% fit (and we probably have been for some weeks) and that might be the reason for the late withdrawal.

smitch (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 21:23
I suppose we are now having to play or attempt to play players that are only 75% fit (and we probably have been for some weeks) and that might be the reason for the late withdrawal.

and it might be the reason some players careers are ended prematurely!

Scrimping and scraping a squad together is costing us more than premiership points

AJayWasp (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 21:53
I was on here last week having a 'pop' at Haughton,I didnt see him as being too committed and not great in the tackle but I was put staight, I think there are a number of players running on half full with more than just a niggle. He is one of the many walking wounded we seem to have. Launch was limping a bit last week, Hugo came back on in second half last week carrying the injury, just to go back off.
Wasps in the past have been pretty decent with keeping guys off the pitch until they are ready to play, but its a 'needs must' time so full respect.
It shows real commitment.

waspernator2 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 22:41
and desperation.

Heathen (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 11:44
w2 - if you have nothing better to contribute, stay away.

waspernator2 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 12:06
WTF!

My post clearly relates to the preceding post. Which reads:

Wasps in the past have been pretty decent with keeping the guys of the pitch until they are ready to play, but its a 'needs must' time so full respect.

It shows real commitment.

So what Heathen, font of all knowledge and arbiter of all W2 posts is wrong with adding:

and desperation?

Enlighten me?

With a squad racked by injury - what exactly is wrong with this post, other than (perhaps) stating the bleedin obvious?

AJayWasp (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 12:29
Ah well, here goes,
this will come back and bite me on my big fat b**.
Player named in Topic heading excluded, it appears, sometimes, when it comes to playing when not 100%, some players are of a more 'delicate' nature , and if you flicked yourself in the eye with your own scrunchy/Alice band, then you to might not want to run out and have your hair messed up.
Seriously, it is difficult when carrying injuries, but some guys appear ready to lay there lives on the line..

Girimeister (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 13:41
Houghton stats sums it up nicely....

Houghton AVIVA 2011/2012 stats

!!Everytime Ref, Everytime!!

TonyMay (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 13:49
nasty hair injury, so I heard.

Hucks_nli (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 14:06
uninformed idiotoc stuff to say.

who here knows why Haughts was withdrawn?

who knows it wasn't because of a failed fitness test on a more serious injury - perhaps he was chomping at the bit to play and the conditioning staff just wouldn't let him - those would be the same conditioning staff that people on here keep blaking for fielding half-fit players and getting them injured.

who knows it wasn't for personal reasons and not to do with an injury?

basically most people on here know sod-all about the ins and outs of the club and players and that's fine - this board is all about speculation anyway. but if you don't know the true reasons for someone not playing - perhaps you should either wait to find out what those are or keep your opinions on their commitment to the cause to yourself.

arquero (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 14:42
According to the Offy inthe article on Dai Young's post match reaction:

Wasps were dealt more injury blows in the game with Richard Haughton hurting his Achilles beforehand and pulling out while Ryan Davis also came off with a foot injury.

AJayWasp (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 14:42
Hucks,
valid point mate, unlike mine, so well said. Mine was light hearted and i did say it will come back to bite me.Just threw it out and said what I saw. I do thinkm some players dont seem to be as committed as others. Same in all walks of life.And yes,I am chastised.
However you have raised another very valid point as to information.
The web site, i am sure, used to keep us much better informed as to injuries and how well these guys were progressing in their recovery. I get most of my information from this forum. Some very knowledgable people on here.
I am also aware people are using twitter for some very fast updating, like when Simpson went off, he tweeted pretty quick to says it was a dis-located shoulder.
So i am convinced someone will now enlighten me as to why Wasps, with all this social media, cant let us know the depth of injuries and recovery so we no longer have to second guess.

Peter Brown (IP Logged)
15 April, 2012 19:55
As has been stated time and time again, there are aspects of players injury, recovery and rehabilitation that are confidential for a variety of reasons. These could be personal to the player, part of a ploy to keep the oppo guessing or related to insurance claims and payouts.

Updates are released when deemed appropriate via the official Wasps' site.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net