rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
@#$%& brilliant
waspman (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 15:05
Well played lads

Roll on next year

Come on Wasps !!!!!!!!!

Re: @#$%& brilliant
DuncanS (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 15:08
Onwards and upwards. Well battled, Dai and the lads!

ToryBoy (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 15:11
The Wasps spirit so much in evidence today
Great pack performance and the backs did there job
Brilliant One and All

Quartermaster (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 15:13
Might not have been the way you wanted to do it but you did it all the same. Looking forward to seeing a much revitalised Wasps at the Stoop again next year.

tigerleghorn (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 15:13
Well played? didn't you lose?

Kinda glad a team with your pedigree isn't going to go under and wind up apart......well done!

waspman (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 15:16
leghorn

Not about todays game... more about commitment over the last few weeks with a very thin squad

wombles222 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 15:43
What Dai and the coaches, as well as all the players have done this year in the face of an incredible amount of core player retirements, long term injuries and moves abroad is quite remarkable! NO team has ever experienced what we have this season. I feel nothing but pride for the quite brilliant job that has been done, it really shows the quality of Dai and the coaches, and also the quality of the players who have kept us in the Premiership! Now we have the summer for rehabilitation, new signings coming in, and at last a future with new buyers just around the corner! I am more proud to be wearing my shirt today than i ever have been when we were winning things! And that is all down to Dai, the coaches and the players!

WELL DONE LADS!!!

WaspieMatt (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 16:00
Just too many emotions at the moment to string more than a sentence or two together.
A gutsy performance in a very physical game. So proud of the boys. A great day to be a Wasp.
I think us supporters let alone the players have earned our summer break! Roll on September with a fully fit squad and some great talent that will have learned so much from this year.

Allez allez allez

fortuneshiding (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 16:08
Richard Haughton....take a bow
an unbelievable performance
3 brilliant breaks
excellent under the high ball
tackled well, body on the line
solid kicking

never seen him play so well!

backdoc (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 16:22
Richard was utterly fantastic today. It was their kicking from 10, and their 9's ability to use all the grunt in their pack close in that cost us the win today.

tigerleghorn (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 16:28
Quote:
waspman
leghorn
Not about todays game... more about commitment over the last few weeks with a very thin squad

I know, forgive the cheap shot. Actually pleased and relieved for you guys....I think?

Falconbiker (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 16:39
Cpngrats guys.Whilst disappointed for us I would not have liked to see a historic club like you go down if it meant you ceased to exist.

ElliesBoss (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 17:11
Emotional at moment. Sorry Falcons. Hope we meet you in the premiership in the future.

waspspaul (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 17:19
Over the moon that we have stayed up. Great crowd and atmosphere, and thought Haughton, Billy V, Wade(whenever he got the ball) and Birkett were outstanding today.
Newcastle must be a shoo-in to come straight back up as I thought their pack was powerful, and their defence very strong.
We stopped playing in the 2nd half and poor kicking and penalties meant that Newcastle had most of the ball. Nicky R really wasn't very good, and will be interesting to see if he is first choice next year with Stephen Jones and Ryan Davis competing for the fh berth.
As a final note, and don't want to spoil the party with a moan, but the standard of refereeing has been abysmal throughout the season and Wayne Barnes continued that unhappy trend. Wasps were on top in the scrum yet there was nothing given to us, and at one point the Falcons scrum went backwards, and wheeled and yet he gave the scrum as a turnover to the oppo. I think we know what the decision would have been if that had been Tigers or Saints. Also, following a very questionable tackle by the Falcons south sea islander (sorry, don't know his name) on NR which looked high and late, and which enraged Billy V, he then gave a penalty to Falcons for Billy V tackling him without the ball, despite a blatant punch on Billy right in front of the ref/linesman which the whole crowd in our part of the FA stand could see.
Way to be consistent with other refs Mr Barnes - guess we now know why he has been dropped from the International panel.
Anyway, moan over - roll on next season, when things can only get better (wood touched and fingers crossed)

Anna Streeter (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 18:11
Wonderful performance from the guys in black and gold today. Haughton was just immense! Love him in attack from fb position. He seems to just relish all that space in front of him.
Wade as always was a demon on the ball.

Watching the game back on sky plus and the fans sound fantastic and almost continuous!

Man we're going to be a force to reckon with next season. It's been hard and not what any one would have picked but just can't wait to see the likes of Daly, Jones, Billy, simon etc next season. they will have benefited so much from the prem exposure this year That, our slightly more experienced players and our new signings, my mouth is watering!

See you all next season.

Allez, Allez, Allez

WaspieMatt (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 18:12
Paul- have to agree with you- I'm normally a fan of Mr Barnes but he was poor today. In fact the standard of refereeing this season in the games I've been to at Adams Park has been at best, indifferent and at worst, shockingly bad.

caro883 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 18:34
What an fantastic day, so proud of the whole team including Dai and the coaches. It must have been hard coming out with all the pressure they had on them. They have been immense, coping with everything thrown at them all season, I think Dai's strength of character is unquestionable. Haughton was incredible today as were most of the team. Hope everyone at Wasps is going to have a really well deserved break and maybe a few beers might be drunk tonight! We just need our new buyer to sign on the dotted line ASAP so we can all completely relax and enjoy the summer looking forward to what should be a very exciting season in the Autumn. WELL DONE TO EVERYONE INCLUDING ALL THE SUPPORTERS!

Bill Wasp nli (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 18:51
I expect to be castigated for what I am about to say.I regret that I am somewhat cold and calculating.

I hope that Dai Young will now be relieved of his duties.

Given the importance of that game, a full house and all the passion, a good coach would have won against the bottom side at home.

I am, however, delighted that we have been saved and hope that the new owners, with or without Dai, move us forward.

Bill

james46 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 18:54
Whilst I am really happy we survived, we should not have lost at home to the bottom side.

We are clearly sub-standard in a number of areas, such as when Ben Broster was off for 10 minutes and we struggled badly.

Our kicking on the whole was poor (Daly & Houghton excepted) and the ball from the breakdown was slow. Our line-out was over complicated, it damn well confused our 2 and the props.

Our tactics were questionable at best. Why kick the ball to an opposition who need tries? Idiotic really.

On the plus side we'll have new players next year, but I have a really bad feeling about Dai and him not being up to the job.

Heathen (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 19:14
Anyone else get the feeling that Dai might want to walk away from Wasps?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net