rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Re: Teams Up!
RossM (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 12:52
Took the words out of my mouth, nomad.

Petros (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 12:53
Unavailable for selection:

Josh Basset - ankle, Chris Bell - shoulder, Jake Cooper-Woolley - concussion, Bradley Davies – shoulder, Charlie Davies - calf, Carlo Festuccia – leg, Andy Goode – ankle, Ruaridh Jackson - ACL, Ben Jacobs - shoulder, Joe Launchbury - neck, Alapati Leiua - knee, Jack Moates – hamstring.

Rested after RBS 6 Nations campaign:

James Haskell and Andrea Masi

TV2 must be one of the few fit players not used although at least Sam Jones is no longer listed as having concussion.

Who's the third ex Wasps Academy in Saints team? Dom, Fisher & ?

SaintED (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 12:55
Quote:
StevieWasp
We rest Haskell, but Saints play with Hartley, Lawes, Wood and North.
Why are we resting our England player (and Captain)?

Both Lawes and Wood have either been out for a bit or not played much rugby. The game against Wasps will be taken very seriously but I'd guess there is also a bit of a look ahead to the Clermont game and making sure those two are up to speed. With Hartley and North maybe just a compliment for how good we think we'll need to be to beat you? Have to say I am surprised Haskell isn't playing as he's not injured. Looking forward to it whoever plays and hope travelling Wasps enjoy FGs.

Rob Smith (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 13:03
Quote:
Neil-H
We're resting Burrell :p
And Rob, there are 4 in Saints 23, Myler was in our Academy when he came over from League, along with Stephenson, Haywwod and Waller.

Good luck tomorrow smiling smiley

Neil - I mean former Wasps Academy lads - Waldouck, Stephenson and Fisher.

[robsbl0g.blogspot.co.uk]
@robsmithrugby

Neil-H (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 13:04
Rob, I just edited my post to state, I misread your post mate smiling smiley

StonedWasp (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 13:13
Haskell - Rested or dropped ? Youngs has been playing well

Saint Robert (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 13:20
Quote:
Rob Smith
Quote:
Neil-H
And Rob, there are 4 in Saints 23, Myler was in our Academy when he came over from League, along with Stephenson, Haywwod and Waller.

I thought Tom Stephenson came up through Saints Academy.

Rob Smith (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 13:21
Would have thought Hask would have wanted to get back on the bike asap. Only did 50 mins last weekend.

@robsmithrugby

Raggs (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 13:23
Was a big 55 minutes though. His chase back for the first French try is a great example of how hard he was working. Those 2 points he prevented is what gave us a shout at the end (admittedly his yellow card perhaps made it harder too!).

Rob Smith (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 13:28
Quote:
Saint Robert
Quote:
Rob Smith
Quote:
Neil-H

I thought Tom Stephenson came up through Saints Academy.

Was with Wasps from 13 to 16. Offered a contract to join the Wasps AASE programme. Accomodation and School all sorted but had a change of mind when he came into the school as it was an Outer London school (a very good one) but a bit of a wrench from where he had been. We contacted Moulton (Saints AASE) for him when it was clear this was a big issue - went with our best wishes, really pleased he has done so well - we really did not want him to go, but all done with his best interests at heart.

@robsmithrugby

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 13:30
Didn't realise Jon Fisher had been in our academy too. I really rate him, as a player.

Rob Smith (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 13:36
Quote:
Nomad_Wasp
Didn't realise Jon Fisher had been in our academy too. I really rate him, as a player.

For about 2 years around 14/15 - later moved schools to Wellington College who had a strong links to Irish, won't bore you with the politics, however he went off our radar. Have to say done better than I initially thought - good on him.

@robsmithrugby

coddy (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 13:39
Good luck Wasps but i'd be very, very surprised if we come away with a LBP.

doog (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 13:40
Well, it's straight into the crucible for young Mr Lozowski, and if you want to lay down a marker to your DOR where better to start than right at the top. We need a really committed performance from the rest of the 23 to back the young man up, something which I have no doubt we will bring to the party. My only real concern is that we look under-powered in the scrum without BBBD.

Much as I'd like to say we could win, I think Saints will maul the life out of the ball and we are going to have trouble getting any possession to which to unleash Wadey with. No aimless kicking away and maybe we can have a good go, but Loz is going to need some steely nerves to run everything he can. An LBP would be a great result, anything better would need probably the performance of the season so far.

St Dormouse (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 14:15
It's us who are in danger if we aimlessly kick the ball to your backs as has been the case for a lot of matches this season. Also we were well beaten by sale and leicester this time last year when the internationals tried to fit back into the team. Nobody this side of the M1 is engaged in poultry numeration. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/03/2015 18:00 by St Dormouse.

Boooo (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 14:49
I wonder whether it is an 'ankle injury' or whether Mr Goode's well-known ego has taken a bit of a dent.

Anyway...Alex is finally starting. Long over-due in my mind.
And it had to happen after Goode's poor performance in the last game.

Come on Loz...get that back line shifting and keep Saints guessing.

Penn Wasp (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 16:30
Show 'em Loz....
I hope you do!
and enjoy......

26 March, 2015 17:47
Really tough night ahead of us at FG on Friday... mind you I thought that the opening game of the season was going to be a hard day too... we won that!

Just out of interest just how many other player who are now playing top flight rugby did we ´lose´.

26 March, 2015 17:54
3 years ago we offered 6 players to Wasps...

We were told that they probably would not be good enough

Josh Peters: England U17,18,19 Northampton Saints
Facundu Munilla: Spain U18/19 Senior RC Toulon
George Stokes: Spain U17/18 RC Toulon
Dani Stohr: Spain U17/18/19 Bordeaux Begles
Jack Davies: Spain U17/18 Wales U19 Cardiff
Jamie Ross: Scotland U16/17/18 Sale

The first 4 were all offered contracts with multiple clubs.

I know that Wasps were skint... but also incredibly soft and lazy. Ultimately we lost... certainly on at least 3 of those boys...

Raggs (IP Logged)
26 March, 2015 18:26
Clubs, especially those with few resources, are likely trying to concentrate on only the best, unable to afford to give places to those with less potential.

It's not like there aren't other clubs making similar, and potentially far grander errors (Launchbury...).

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net