rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Marler with a broken leg...
Raggs (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 07:04
Looks like Mullan will definitely playing, and probably starting, in the 6N then. Chance for him to perhaps lay down a bit of a marker if he's starting.

Marler may be back for the second half of the 6N I think (assume it's a minor fracture).

Re: Marler with a broken leg...
will311293 (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 09:27
Looks like it, got to think that the 3 looseheads will be Mullan, Genge and Catt/Waller now..

If Alex Waller doesn't get called up now i'll be amazed. Hes been brilliant for years and the lack of call up has always puzzled me

backdoc (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 09:37
I don't think Ghengis is quite there yet.Too much of a loose cannon.

Raggs (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 09:41
Quote:
will311293
Looks like it, got to think that the 3 looseheads will be Mullan, Genge and Catt/Waller now..
If Alex Waller doesn't get called up now i'll be amazed. Hes been brilliant for years and the lack of call up has always puzzled me

Brilliant would be a bit too much for me. AP standard, and one very good "breakout" season before props got used to him. I think he's just a bit average really.

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 10:20
backdoc,

I think that's exactly what Eddie sees in him.
I'm not sure yet if I'd pick him, but if Mullan is expected to start, then I wouldn't be surprised to see Genge on the bench.

Jones likes players with that bit of bite, and it certainly comes in handy in the front row. It's all about whether he's mature enough to know when he's overstepping the mark.

The jury is out on that at the moment

It's definitely worth getting him out there for the Italy game, because we should be able to win that even if we're down to 14 men for 10 minutes (or more)

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 11:31
Quote:
will311293

Mullan and Catt are already in, so it's Genge/Waller if anything. Even with Genge being snubbed a few weeks ago, he's still ahead of Waller in my opinion.

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 11:41
Waller is a thug

P T A W (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 11:46
If Jones brings in Genge.
He would be my starter.

fats (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 12:13
Quote:
Nomad_Wasp
Waller is a thug

More so than Ghengis?

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 13:30
Weirdly, yes, I think he might be. Genge plays hard, sometimes over the line, but isn't as much of a cheap shot merchant as Waller.

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 13:09
Nice anecdote on Marler. Mate in village (East Sussex Kent border) knows Marler and came across him in Wagamama Tunbridge Wells. Quiet family man with young children. Different guy off the pitch

bald.paul.101 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 14:59
So people are expecting Mullan to start?

Are these the same people who have been commenting on here that he's struggling at scrum time and Mcintyre should be starting?

as an aside, at some point I would expect to see a Sinckler, Hartley, Genge front row. How many cards would those 3 get in a game? smiling smiley

cb@wasps (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 15:15
Quote:
Are these the same people who have been commenting on here that he's struggling at scrum time

But he has more pace than James Hook smiling smiley

Just watched it again on youtube and it does make me smile

Raggs (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 16:02
Personally I think Mullan is technically very good, but perhaps not as strong as a few of the others. So if his tighthead can keep stable, Mullan won't let anyone down, but if there's a weakness on the other side, Mullan won't be saving anyone or pushing forwards.

It could be an attitude thing though, Taylor said that the only difference between the two connacht games (which went from them pushing us off our ball, to us pushing them off theirs) was the attitude. So let's hope they bring the right one!

Hucks (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 18:03
Mullan has started against good boks and all blacks sides and more than held his own.

I'm expecting sinckler to start starting very very soon, and Tommy Taylor to start pushing towards the 23. Which means either George stepping up or Eddie has to ask some serious questions on whether Hartley is really better than both George and TT.

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 18:12
Playing better than the incumbent is no criteria for selection. Look at Ben Young's horror show over the last couple of weeks, or Mike n Marlon at Quins...as such I expect Dylan to be there a while yet.

Bracken&Macken (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 19:19
Could be extremely beneficial to Wasps if Mullan starts.

Refs guess the scrum and go mainly by reputation, Genge is the next big thing so there is no way he could have been in the wrong last week, surely?!

If Matt is the England loose head for 5 weeks it may get a few more of them on his side!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net