rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Kvesic to Chiefs
ClaretAndBlueWasp (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 07:03
Matt Kvesic: Exeter Chiefs sign Gloucester forward for 2017-18 Premiership season
[www.bbc.co.uk]

As long as we can keep all of our back row players I don't think we would have needed him. Would have strengthened definitely but he's not better than any of our current squad.

Re: Kvesic to Chiefs
Hucks (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 07:10
Nowhere near as good as young.

So far the only signing I've seen which I'd have been keen on is Ruskin.

Raggs (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 08:16
Hasn't kicked on as I'd hoped, perhaps he will at Exeter. I do agree that Young Young has come along leaps and bounds though. Still wish we'd got hold of Kvesic last time his contract was up, think if he'd had the one on one time that Young got with Smith, he'd have been sensational.

No idea what to expect from contracts this season, as above, would have liked Ruskin, but it almost feels that only the real top quality players are the ones worth looking at, assuming we keep everyone else.

Hucks (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 08:33
Yep. Either real top quality as most areas of our squad now you're taking about being able to make at most probably a 5-10% improvement to the incumbent starter/s. And I'd argue there's not many positions where that improvement is necessary.

Or good (hopefully eps) young talent who can start to be nurtured from second choice / rotation to perhaps being first choice one day.

Most astute spending we can do is probably still outside the playing squad though - be that in terms of coaching dept or facilities.

Bandy (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 10:41
Anyone know if we did make him an offer as the article suggests??

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 11:40
Underhill would have been good, but he's off to Bath

12 January, 2017 12:31
I was told Kvesic was off to Chiefs by one of the stewards at the Gloucester game - and that Hook was off too. Just shows how much lip service is paid to not approaching players until January - and how much time these moves are in the pipeline for....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2017 12:47 by A Destruction of Wasps.

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 15:21
The guys stock has gone down for last 3 seasons..the only part of his game that was decent was his jackling but even that is mediocre now...the other parts of his game are lacking...he can't carry for toffee.

Wouldn't even make the Wasps bench IMO...

Heathen (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 16:30
I can think of at least 3 players that we will lose at the end of the season.

Raggs (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 16:59
Quote:
Hymenoptera
The guys stock has gone down for last 3 seasons..the only part of his game that was decent was his jackling but even that is mediocre now...the other parts of his game are lacking...he can't carry for toffee.

He was quite a useful carrier at wuss, and was a limpet over the ball. His reading is good, and he's good at keeping attacking moves flowing, but Glaws definitely haven't helped his game a great deal. Exeter will be more likely to get the best out of him.

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 19:48
Quote:
Raggs
Quote:
Hymenoptera

He was quite a useful carrier at wuss, and was a limpet over the ball. His reading is good, and he's good at keeping attacking moves flowing, but Glaws definitely haven't helped his game a great deal. Exeter will be more likely to get the best out of him.

At Worc I agree he looked like he had potential but as the game has moved on he's got left behind..I honestly have never rated his carrying.... Hope he gets better at Exeter but to that point, i'm so glad we didn't land Devoto ...another who looks a bit average post move.

Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 11:11
Quote:
Heathen

Who? The rumours are Halai and Leuia are off, but I think that leaves us short of back 3 cover.

Another rumour suggested Reider is looking elsewhere, which is a shame, but he's too good to not play regularly.

Raggs (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 11:22
Swainston rumoured to be off to quins.

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 11:24
I assume that De Luca is off because he was essentially just injury cover anyway.
Halai and/or Leuia are possibles, but other than speculation based on salary, I haven't heard anything with any substance behind it.

There were rumours of Cips leaving, but they've gone a bit quiet.
No-one really knows about the Beale situation. That still appears a bit up in the air at the moment.

I hadn't heard rumours about Rieder. That would definitely be a shame if he left.

So if we listen to all the rumours and speculation, we'd be losing 6 players.
I suspect that it'll be a lot less than that though.

Edit: make that 7 as I've just seen Ragg's post.
Seems a bit of a weird choice though. He's probably 3rd choice here. Will he be any higher in the pecking order at Quins? Maybe Dai is looking for another new TH which might push Swainston further down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2017 11:26 by StevieWasp.

Heathen (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 13:36
If we could add two world class props to our squad then we don't need a lot else.

james46 (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 14:50
Quote:
Nomad_Wasp
Quote:
Heathen

Who? The rumours are Halai and Leuia are off, but I think that leaves us short of back 3 cover.

Another rumour suggested Reider is looking elsewhere, which is a shame, but he's too good to not play regularly.

I heard the same.Announced soon I think.

Raggs (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 14:56
As much as I like Reider, I don't think I'd have him ahead of anyone else in the backline. I also hope that we're looking to bring Willis up into his slot basically.

Swainston may be less about him going from 3rd choice to 3rd choice, and perhaps more about us not willing to offer him as much? We've got Will Stuart coming through, he's been impressive so far, so again, it may be a case of bringing an academy player into a backup position.

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 15:18
Phil's scrummaging is seriously suspect...even when he comes on fresh he seems to struggle more than those he has replaced.

Reider i'd have to have around as he offers something different in that he is a proper ball carrier and some games you need that more than the fancy running lines of say Thompson...whilst i agree Raggs others do start ahead, he offers options and is durable, something you can't say of Thompson or Sam Jones.

Raggs (IP Logged)
13 January, 2017 15:52
You say he's durable, but he's not had to prove that. It's much easier to be durable when you don't have a lot of game time under your belt. I think he's very good, and deserves to get more game time, but I'd not rate him above our other options, and that still puts him in 6th place. With what I've seen of Willis, and the option (even if I'm not a fan) of putting Ash or Gaskell at 6, I don't think we need him. Young locks often spend time at 6 too, so Ehizode may be an option there soon too. It really is no comment on Reiders ability, and with greater game time, he will no doubt improve further, but rather a state of affairs at Wasps.

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
14 January, 2017 10:03
Wouldn't be surprised if Tigers was looking at Reider

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Wasps Poll

Will we sign Willie Le Roux ?

See results > Submit >>