rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Ireland v England 6N
Silent Bob (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 18:05
Predictable performance from Ireland so far. Finally showing some of the form that resulted in many pundits making them favourites for this tournament.

Not 100% sure but are England looking a touch flat? Or is it all to do with Ireland. Certainly Ireland playing well but there are no real surprises in how they've approached the game. England seem to be very workmanlike and I hope that they are not simply waiting for the win to come their waist because of the winning streak.

We certainly have the stronger bench but if not careful Ireland could be too far ahead to catch by then. I cannot see it being a big scoring half either way.

Re: Ireland v England 6N
Steve. S (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 18:07
Don't think Billy is fit enough. Nathan should of started Billy on at 60.

Heaven was full, Hell thought I was going to take over.

Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 18:23
How have England not learned how to avoid a choke tackle yet? It's been years Ireland have used it. Just send forwards in one at a time.

ElliesBoss (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 18:56
Fair result. Can't complain.

Andy1210 (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 18:57
Agree, Billy V should never have started - way below par. Jones needs to bite the bullet and get a decent No 9. Youngs one dimensional and Care utterly brainless when he came on.

A really below par performance from England and can't remember a decent attack.

Shame really but Ireland were far better, more physical and deserved the win. Game ultimately won and lost at the lineout.

andy lee (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 19:00
Sad result. Felt like quite a few cheap shots were being made and I have to agree with the recent comments that ijote needs to cut out this nasty shots. He needs to go back to the jackaling turnover game.
I don't want to sound like a sore loser but I hate the lack of reffing at the breakdown. Players flying in off there feet I'm worried a player is going to get badly hurt.

Well done Ireland tho the England team just didn't seem to have the fight they needed. The Wasps boys looked good they should all in my eyes go on the Lions tour but we shall see.

Chilham (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 19:01
Excellent. Now, perhaps, Fast Eddie can take a scalpel to the team and remove the parts that simply don't work well enough.

HiTop (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 19:04
Well done Ireland, was always going to be a tough match. Daly looked class.

HiTop (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 19:14
And on another note, we know Ireland can beat the best in the world, we are not number 1, it's fitting our run ended here, equal to, but not surpassing the All Blacks.
Time for Eddie to start blooding the future champions.

simplytandy (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 19:15
Things looked bright when Hughes and Teo came on. Teo gets injured, Ford comes back on and we're begin to fall apart again. Both the Vunipolas looked slow.

Jack9909 (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 19:18
Both the 9s took so long to get the ball away that the defense was right up and able to take man and ball every time. Would love to see what this team could do with a decent Scrum half

Heathen (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 19:25
Energy levels were way down. We never threatened the Irish line.

Ireleand always looked to have far more ideas than England. Why did we persist in kicking possession away when We had precious little of it.

Launch and Elliot again looked among the better of the England players.

Eddie has to have a long hard look at his squad. Some players just do not cut it at the higher test levels.

Ireland also played Garces a lot better than England did.

A very disappointing end to the VI Nations for England. Mind you, in how many of the other games did we just pull it out of bag?

Hope Dai watched the game as wasps can expect more of the same on April 1.

CB Wasp (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 19:39
Well done to Ireland, deserved winners and they made yard after yard with each carry in attack and knocked England back in defense. England just looked so slow in the forwards until Nathan came on and tried to up the pace but by then the rest of the England pack were exhausted.

Shows just how bad Scotland were!

I thought England got the kicking game badly wrong unlike Ireland who kicked less and kept multi phase play going well. The first time England tried to run the ball was at 80 minutes.

This result has been coming for a while and apart from the Scotland game, England have not really progressed in this 6N since they could and maybe should have lost to both France and Wales.

Will be very interesting to see the squad for the summer tour.

CB Wasp (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 19:49
Quote:
Heathen
Hope Dai watched the game as wasps can expect more of the same on April 1.

I was thinking the same throughout the game. It seems crucial that we achieve parity at the breakdown and then hopefully have a lot more imagination in attack than England just managed. As ever ref will be crucial since today Maul was called after about 3 seconds whereas some refs wait double or triple that time. .

Westy68 (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 19:54
It's pretty clear that Youngs just isn't a quality 9, as for Ford at 10, very disappointed in his contribution, just doesn't pull any strings for me.

Very hard to win away but we didn't look like scoring all night

HiTop (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 20:06
Quote:
Westy68
It's pretty clear that Youngs just isn't a quality 9, as for Ford at 10, very disappointed in his contribution, just doesn't pull any strings for me.

Ford can't play without winning up front, great player going forwards but fluffs it under pressure, well targeted by runners today and slipped off a few tackles, this game was lost up front, Ireland played the ref well.

algiewasp (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 20:11
Quote:
Westy68

+1

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 20:43
It's about learning from a loss.
For a start, we stop any possibility of getting carried away with winning streaks, or ideas that we're unbeatable.

Ultimately, we've won the tournament, but I'm sure everyone is bitterly disappointed.

Jones may well now be in a position to make some changes, but i doubt they'll be the ones we're wanting/expecting.

The most interesting thing for me was that Farrell was far more creative than Ford.
We saw with Te'o coming on that Jones is still happy with Farrell as a 10 when a game needs to be won.
Could that be the major change for the next tournament?

Steve. S (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 20:45
Thoughts on Englands player of the Tournament. Surely it's got to be Elliot Daly. He had another good game today, they should of let him go for the 3 points with about 4 minutes to go then play for a penalty.
He was certainly my English player of the 6 Nations, done himself no harm at all.

Heaven was full, Hell thought I was going to take over.

backdoc (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 21:33
Please get rid of Youngs. Ford looked like a rabbit in the headlights with some of the passes he received.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Wasps Poll

Will Christian Wade be called up for the Lions again?

See results > Submit >>