rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Argentine squad - Wasps players
backdoc (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 23:25
Mullan, Taylor, ?CW
Symonds
Hughes, Haskell
Robson
Cipriani
Wade

Launchbury and Daly to the Lions.

Re: Argentine squad - Wasps players
will311293 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 08:35
probably still a bit early to call, but id say this will be the breakdown

Lions - Daly, Launch, Haskell

England - Mullan, TT, JWC. Symons, Jones, Hughes, Robson, Wade, (Bassett & Umaga as outside possibilities... if Miller hadn't been injured for a long period, reckon he might have had a run at it too)

Chilham (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 08:44
I'm backing Taylor to be a Lions bolter.

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 08:54
I think Eddie might ignore Wade and Cipriani.

Sudburyandbeyond (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 09:10
Simmo and if fit Sam Jones? At the start of the season Sam was in the form of his life.

Harry the Wasp (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 10:15
I think Eddie will use it as an opportunity to blood youngsters with 2019 in mind.

Heathen (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 23:49
Too soon for Sam. I doubt if he will get any game time before the end of the season.

Eddie can afford to look at the fringe and younger players. He has got plenty to choose from. Give the senior players a break after a long hard season of AP, CC, AIs and VI Nations.

Gaz (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 07:12
We can only hope that Youngs get a lions call up. Improbable but not impossible.

Nigel Med (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 14:18
I can see Christian getting a Lions call up, I think Warren appreciates his qualities a little more than Eddie

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 15:18
He has met him before of course. On the last tour Wade got a call up late. He had a massive smile on his face during the test, which might help [edit He= Wade, not Gatland].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2017 15:19 by westwaleswasp.

COYW15 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 15:26
'EJ: End of 2017 will constitute end of Phase 1 for this England side. Some culling likely then, & plans to have 3 options in each position.'
[twitter.com]

Finally a chance for one of our 9s to be given a shot??

DGPWasp (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 17:16
I remember at Wasps Amiln quarter final against Leinster in 2013, Wade scored the kind of try only he can, and big screen showed Gatland and Lancaster side by side all smiles presumably having a light hearted argument about which of them would have his services in the summer. As it was he went to Argentina with England and picked up his only caps to date before getting that late call from Gatland.

Sadly if I had to put money on it I'd say Wade will be having this summer off. Yarde, Roko and May all seem to be ahead of him so it would require a lot of England wings to be on the plane with the Lions for Wade to enter the frame, with Watson and Daly the only real contenders. Hope to be proved wrong of course.

Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 17:20
I've been trying to think if Gatland will pick a small player like Wade. Gatland picked Shane Williams when he took over at Wales but Williams was, by then, an undroppable superstar. As soon as Williams retired Wales switched to big wingers North and Cuthbert.

I half think Gatland picked Wade last Lions tour just to screw with England.

chunky24 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 18:03
I think wade would be a more likely pick on the harder grounds of south Africa which was where Shane Williams particularly excelled as a lion rather than new zealand.

lamiasquadra (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 14:54
Quote:
DGPWasp
I remember at Wasps Amiln quarter final against Leinster in 2013, Wade scored the kind of try only he can, and big screen showed Gatland and Lancaster side by side all smiles presumably having a light hearted argument about which of them would have his services in the summer. As it was he went to Argentina with England and picked up his only caps to date before getting that late call from Gatland..

My recollection is more of a smiling Gotland saying something to Lancaster, who remained stonyfaced.

Bracken&Macken (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 19:22
That try from Christian was magical against Leinster. It is farcical no one has given him a shot in a white Shirt, 4 years of the clueless PE teacher really didn't help his cause!

I would be amazed if Cipriani doesn't go to Argentina, George Ford has looked distinctly average this 6 nations and that England side on Saturday looked like they needed some magic to ignite them. If Cips is holding the prem trophy at the end of the year after Wasps have shattered point scoring records, the press will be firmly on his side once again.

Raggs (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 20:12
Wade went to arg after that. And if anyone screwed him then, it was gat.land. pulled him away from a second test start just 24 hours before, to be thrown into a slap dash mid week team barely hours after getting off the plane. He then got a poor start to the season whilst ashton was on fire, ashton didn't perform and wade would have been in but pulled his hamstring picking up a ball after the Tuesday session.

Shortly after returning i think he injured his foot which i believe put him out for months including at least some ( if not all) the 6n.

Beckenham Bandit (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 21:18
Quote:
Bracken&amp;Macken
That try from Christian was magical against Leinster. It is farcical no one has given him a shot in a white Shirt, 4 years of the clueless PE teacher really didn't help his cause!
I would be amazed if Cipriani doesn't go to Argentina, George Ford has looked distinctly average this 6 nations and that England side on Saturday looked like they needed some magic to ignite them. If Cips is holding the prem trophy at the end of the year after Wasps have shattered point scoring records, the press will be firmly on his side once again.

Strongly suspect Cipriani may never play for England again. He deserved to get picked at the beginning of this season but didn't. Then he hasn't had a great season for Wasps either. Maybe Jones knew about the nonsense going on in his private life and just couldn't be bothered with the trouble that follows Cipriani around.

Suspect Slade, Lozowksi and the Burns brothers are now higher in the pecking order.

Jack9909 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 23:10
I'd say cips has had an excellent season for wasps, been our most important attacking player. Yeah he has some brainfarts but wins us more than he loses and I would have him over Ford every day of the week

Beckenham Bandit (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 00:41
Quote:
Jack9909
I'd say cips has had an excellent season for wasps, been our most important attacking player. Yeah he has some brainfarts but wins us more than he loses and I would have him over Ford every day of the week

Not playing as well as last year and in a much stronger team in my opinion.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net