rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Big news concerning the Ricoh Arena tomorrow morning........
Heathen (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 23:44
....... according to Simon Gilbert on Twitter :

[twitter.com]

Might be nothing, but could it be that the naming rights have at last been finalised?

Re: Big news concerning the Ricoh Arena tomorrow morning........
ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 06:22
Unable to repay bond debt ... we are doomed

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

Heathen (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 06:29
Article.

[www.coventrytelegraph.net]

Nothing that would appear to be catastrophic.

Underlying issue for me is the stadium naming rights. Really do need that to be sorted PDQ.

Raggs (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 08:30
Was anyone expecting them to be able to pay it without refinancing? I was thinking perhaps we'd be able to refinance for a bit less and or lower interest.

Slow news day.

DuncanS (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 08:54
I know next to nothing about Company Accounts, but the two comments I noted from that article are:

Re-financing is very common
We are heading in the right direction

Marlow Nick (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 09:04
Alternative headline "home buyer unlikely to pay off their mortgage in just 5 years"

Clearly a biased anti-wasps spin and it looks to me like the three "experts" were given very closed questions to fabricate a non-story

Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 09:05
Given the timescale - the loan isn't due to be repaid until 2022 - I think this announcement from the club is possibly to defuse some bad press / hatchet job they heard was coming. By announcing it ourselves there's nowhere for the media to go with their "scoop". We control the story and put the realistic / positive spin on it rather than the doom and gloom certain newspapers would employ.

Rob Smith (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 10:46
Hardly big news, hardly news. Would think lots of people could wipe their debts if they sold their property and raise funds off the back of it ......if required. Hardly the issue.

[robsbl0g.blogspot.co.uk]
@robsmithrugby

neils (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 11:44
Strangely put together article. One wonders who Mr Gilbert is aiming this at because it is only a short time ago the CT posted an article about the football club finances with reference to a sale amount. On SBT they sensibly queried the article and the persons being quoted. One poster quoted :-

What is not mentioned in this article is that Paul Carvell has close links to CCFC and Fisher.
From CCFC's website:
07 Oct 2015
"Coventry City team up with The SFB Group to network and promote businesses on matchdays at the Ricoh Arena"

"The Sky Blues have teamed up with The SFB Group, which is a firm of accountants, wealth managers, commercial insurance brokers and business advisers, to create a hub for business owners and directors to network and promote your business on matchdays at the Ricoh Arena."

"Paul Carvell, Managing Director of The SFB Group said: "We are really excited about this joint venture. As a local business, we have supported the Sky Blues for many years. The synergies between sport and business are immense, so the SFB Business Club is the perfect opportunity to bring the two together. "

This is one of the same "Experts" being quoted in this new article.

As has been said it smacks of something cobbled together to make a bad point.

Not worried. At least we have sane owners and management!

arquero (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 12:13
Quote:
Marlow Nick
Alternative headline "home buyer unlikely to pay off their mortgage in just 5 years"
Clearly a biased anti-wasps spin and it looks to me like the three "experts" were given very closed questions to fabricate a non-story

thumbs downWell put, and spot on, IMO!

coddy (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 12:46
Was that the supposedly "Big News" concerning the Ricoh???

Heathen (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 13:25
In Simon Gilbert's mind, it probably is!

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 13:38
I wonder what prompted Simon to write this piece? This is not like him to write such a poorly balanced/supported article. Most odd.

Beardy Wasp (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 14:10
This is a ridiculous article. Of course they will have to refinance to pay off the bonds - that would have been the plan from the outset. Why on Earth is this "news"?

What is even more ridiculous is they way Simon Gilbert flagged this on Twitter as if it was huge ground-breaking exclusive. Has he never written an article before? I wonder what his motivation is?

caro883 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 17:18
Cov Telegraph just went down in my estimation. Trying to make out they had something new and exciting to say. Wont believe that next time. Nothing new.

chunky24 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 18:08
[mobile.twitter.com]

Not sure this what they meant by big news for the Ricoh but fortunately no serious injuries for this incident in Coventry today.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net