rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Sir for QF
doctorkmt1 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 12:41
It's Nigel Owens

Re: Sir for QF
coddy (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 12:46
Good.

McWasp (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 12:49
Very happy with that

Steve

Twitter @charliewasp & @allezwasps

& Wasps Supporters Panel

FishingWasp (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 12:51
No complaints there

However I think as a rule, referees in the Celtic league should not be reffing where a celtic league team are involved. The only problem there is that where the game is Premiership v Celtic , then there would almost certainly be a French referee and back up!

BdeB (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 13:02
Not sure. the Irish love being reffed by Nigel. Would love to know the Irish record when NO has been the referee. I agree that Celtic refs should not be reffing Celtic teams. Not because of biased but because familiarity with a ref is a big advantage.

FishingWasp (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 13:05
BdeB - That was my reasoning too - no inference of bias (conscious or sub-conscious) or over compensation intended.

RossM (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 13:20
I would have been quite happy with either Garces or Poite.

Heathen (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 13:27
It's up to Wasps to make sure that they have dialogue with Nige, well before the match, so that everyone understands his interpretations.

WaspieKev (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 13:27
Very happy with this!!!

Steve. S (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 14:09
He'll do for me.
Might take his book along to see if I can get it signed lol.

Heaven was full, Hell thought I was going to take over.

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 15:14
Quote:
BdeB
Not sure. the Irish love being reffed by Nigel. Would love to know the Irish record when NO has been the referee. I agree that Celtic refs should not be reffing Celtic teams. Not because of biased but because familiarity with a ref is a big advantage.

Well the Irish were bloody furious with him in this game. Awful decision for wheeling in the NZ half at the end when they had the NZ scrum on toast gave NZ the chance to get down the Irish end.
This is one of the more balanced reports.
[www.rugbyworld.com]

They were not ecstatic with him in the 22-24 result either.

To be honest I am fine with NO- he is a fine ref, gives a bit much to the attacking team for my personal tastes, which may or may not be to our advantage. I dislike the media coverage of him, you don't become the greatest in the world by being a good chap and showman. We have had him for the Stade Match and had him for a match v London Welsh IIRC.

Speach (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 16:24
Isn't he booked for the end of season awards thingy too?

Can't complain about that allocation and no excuses for not getting his preferences, he is very clear.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
Sun Tzu

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net