rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Never thought....
greenwood (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 17:08
..I'd see a match where a yellow card was awarded after the 80 mins was up and the game go on so long that the player could come back !

Unless I imagined it of course

Re: Never thought....
Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 17:15
Did he come back on with the scrum still being played in the same place he was sent off? Or had the ball moved at all in that 10 minutes?!

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 17:19
Am I the ONLY person here who, after a few minutes in, thought, 'This is going to be better watching this than I thought?'

Jonathan Davies lost his voice!!!! Better late than never.

PhilH (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 17:35
Quote:
NellyWellyWaspy
Am I the ONLY person here who, after a few minutes in, thought, 'This is going to be better watching this than I thought?'
Jonathan Davies lost his voice!!!! Better late than never.
No, I Tweeted the very same thing!

Cornish Wasp (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 21:05
I appreciate that when 80 mins have elapsed, it's usually not necessary to stop the clock but surely in this case it was. There was so much 'dead' time with no action (props going off and on, biting allegations etc) that the yellow card elapsed. If that had been in normal time, the clock would have been stopped and the Welsh prop would have had to serve 10 mins of game time, not inactivity. Consequently, he wouldn't have been allowed back on.

DGPWasp (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 21:26
Quote:
Cornish Wasp
I appreciate that when 80 mins have elapsed, it's usually not necessary to stop the clock but surely in this case it was. There was so much 'dead' time with no action (props going off and on, biting allegations etc) that the yellow card elapsed. If that had been in normal time, the clock would have been stopped and the Welsh prop would have had to serve 10 mins of game time, not inactivity. Consequently, he wouldn't have been allowed back on.

I thought exactly the same thing.

Beasties (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 07:20
And me. Do the rules state that the clock doesn't stop after 80 mins are up?

Rob Smith (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 09:14
Think in an 80 min game, ball is in play on average 40 to 45 mins - 30 to 35 at lower levels. So 20 mins continuous time equates to about 10 in actual normal in play time, which don't sound so extreme.

[robsbl0g.blogspot.co.uk]
@robsmithrugby

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net