rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

All change at Leicester - mid-season
Boooo (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 20:08
Matt O’Connor straight in.

Aaron Mauger, on the back of a bit of silverware...straight out.
Wow.
Those two obviously didn't want to work together. Egos abound.

[www.planetrugby.com]

Re: All change at Leicester - mid-season
bald.paul.101 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 21:55
The Tigers board is not a happy place.

MOC apparently had issues with favourites, players who could do no right & didn't progress young players.

doesnt seem a particularly clever way to manage the club..... but time wil tell.

Gaz (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 06:38
I think it's decisive. Write off the rest of this season and start building for next year. A coach joining in the summer would be too late for the following season. Time will tell whether he is the right man.

westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 07:45
Words fail me. They were supposed to be by-words for stability, a paragon of a well-run club. Increasingly they are becoming Glaws Mk II.

backdoc (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 09:03
There is a comment on the Tigers board about Evans the young flanker [7] coming to Wasps.

bald.paul.101 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 09:05
I don't think that's very serious Bacdoc, I think they are forseeing an exodus of young players, based on his previous at the club.

backdoc (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 11:21
I thought Tigers played well on Sunday - probably helped by the absence of Youngs. Andy Goode was publicising Matt O'Connor coming in a month ago, so Mauger has achieved this trophy knowing he was about to be sacked.

Poisonous place, Leicester, for all sorts of reasons.

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 13:58
Quote:
backdoc
There is a comment on the Tigers board about Evans the young flanker [7] coming to Wasps.

I made the comment I was just being dramatic and putting some youngsters to a nearby club.

Evans signed a new deal this season and is staying ATM.

Beckenham Bandit (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 14:24
Quote:
westwaleswasp
Words fail me. They were supposed to be by-words for stability, a paragon of a well-run club. Increasingly they are becoming Glaws Mk II.

As with Manchester Utd they are struggling to come to terms with no longer being the richest club in the league. Wasps, Saracens, Bath and even Exeter can out hit them financially. Bristol would be able too if they ever go their act together.

For too long Leicester got away with not paying their players the market rate or treating them sympathetically. Wasps arriving in Warwickshire couldn't have happened at a worse time.

They need fundamentally reassess how they are run.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net