rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Alex Corbisiero
alexlewis1993 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 14:48
Having a look at Danny Cipriani's Instagram story and it shows Alex Corbisiero wearing Wasps training kit speaking to Christian Wade. Is he working with us? Going to play for us? Or just doing a segment for US broadcaster NBC?

I'd love to see him fit and playing in our front row.

Re: Alex Corbisiero
COYW15 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 14:51
Doing a segment for NBC according to Wasps' twitter, though there was a rumour a while back he'd be joining us but I think his time has passed.

doog (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 14:59
I think he's finally accepted that his knees have had it, pity at such a young age, but he's making a good job of being the face of Prem rugby in the states. Getting regularly good ratings and introducing far more people to how great the standard in Englands' league is....

alexlewis1993 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 15:03
Shame because he was a great scrummager. I wouldn't mind him in the back room staff if he ever fancies a job back in the UK. I've also heard he is really growing the sport in the US.

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 17:47
Top guy, and he's doing a lot of sports commentary and coverage.
As a player, he was an absolute beast. I always feel for any player that had to retire through injury. I think English rugby has missed him as much as he has missed it

SaintED (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 19:04
About 6 months ago he was talking about the Broadcasting job being a part of his Sabbatical but looking to return possibly to the Premiership. Then he was talking about maybe featuring for one of the American clubs now it sounds like he's purely focused on the broadcasting.

Its a great fit for him as he's a bit of a showman plus he has ticked many of the boxes in terms of success including successful Lions tour, beating the All Blacks, etc plus he's a bit American and they apparently treat him as their own. Wouldn't be surprised if he's on very good money and he's kind of in at the ground floor of American club rugby and the growing interest in terms of sports coverage and Internationals being played there.

I wish him all the success but feel that we might have lost an outstanding scrum coach to the broadcasting industry.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Wasps Poll

Will Christian Wade be called up for the Lions again?

See results > Submit >>