rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Disappointed.
COYWasps (IP Logged)
29 April, 2017 20:29
I don't want to cause any friction, however.

Some of the things posted about the players on this forum are a joke. What they give to the club is undeniable and after 1 or 2 bad performances the fanbase appears to have turned on them.

I know this is a minority but unfortunately they appear to be more vocal.

Support the shirt no matter who wears it.

Re: Disappointed.
WaspieKev (IP Logged)
29 April, 2017 20:49
Quote:
COYWasps

Support the shirt no matter who wears it.

+1

DuncanS (IP Logged)
29 April, 2017 20:57
Absolutely.

CB Wasp (IP Logged)
29 April, 2017 21:13
It does not surprise me that we have seen every emotion on this board in the past 24 hours, from pure anger to despair mixed with the occasional 'ever the optimist quote.' Every fan is different and deals with disappointment in their own way, although for me one or two of the comments go too far like those about sacking Dai.

I stayed away from a post game comment even though during the game I said pretty much all of them to my son, like why, why that, what is he doing, where is our fight, why don't they get Hask off, why dont they bring on Nathan, why are we kicking it away, why are Eliot and KB flying out of the line looking for miracle interceptions, why oh why oh why?

We just expect so much these days and why not, times have changed and so has our team.

The best way to get over our disappointment is to all be there next Saturday at 4pm and show the boys just how much we love our great club. The last time I heard the whole crowd up on our feet at the start of a game and cheer for literally minutes was the relegation game against Newcastle at Adams Park 5 years ago, it was pure emotion and we can do that at the Ricoh. Now one or two might point out that we lost that game but we secured top level rugby and since then we have had many more ups than downs.

Like many of you I am getting ready for next week and back on the roller coaster ride. It couldn't be any other way, we are Wasps and we do everything the hard way.

Buzzboy (IP Logged)
29 April, 2017 21:17
That's the spirit CB!

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 07:49
+2 CB, from me and my daughter. We will be there. And we are bringing someone who has never been before, trying to expand the fan base!! #COYW

Vespulavulgaris (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 08:20
I couldn't agree more. I'm gutted about the loss, but I have been staying away from this place in the main because it is so filled with hateful bile directed at the players and coaches.

I love the camaraderie between Wasps supporters, but sometimes that is sadly missing here.

wombles222 (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 08:32
Emotions can run high, and friday my thoughts werethat weight of expectation inhibited us a tad. Like Friday i dont blame the players or coaches, we are on a learning journey together. I also feel that the comments against Le Roux were innacurate. He has only had a few games to acclimatise himself to the league and our style, not to mention the pressure and anxiety of meeting new colleagues, bonding and also settling into a new home. He will come good, he just needs time.

On reflection Friday was a huge task, last home game for Quins, two of their most popular players retiring, especially one that has really been at the fulcrum and core of their success. Emotions ran high, There was a palpable avalanche of positive emotion and determination, and it galvinised them to produce what i believe was their best, strongest and most complete performance of the season.

Some supporters will always be more emotional, some will react in stronger ways than others. All of us at more than one time in our lives will say or write something we regret. To err is human. One bonus is that all of us care, Being a Wasp is important to us all, and the move to Coventry -although initially controversial- has been nothing but positive, with the best bit being that our family has grown! I.e having new Waspies such as 'not so'. Like families are we will sometimes argue, regularly disagree, certainly say something silly in the heat of the moment. But like all families we would not be without each other! And none of us will ever want to fly the Wasp nest!

Roll on Saturday (Sm128)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/04/2017 08:34 by wombles222.

M40 (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 08:50
There may be 20 people who feel strongly enough to write things on this board (anon vs say twitter) and on Saturday there will be 25,000 or so. Well under 0.1% in fact just a handful. So this board is not an accurate reflection of the wasps fan base at all. Maybe some of it is also written after a few beers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/04/2017 09:08 by M40.

wombles222 (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 09:23
Quote:
M40
There may be 20 people who feel strongly enough to write things on this board (anon vs say twitter) and on Saturday there will be 25,000 or so. Well under 0.1% in fact just a handful. So this board is not an accurate reflection of the wasps fan base at all. Maybe some of it is also written after a few beers.

I know mine were posted after enjoying a couple of cold ones! (Sm129)

I love being surrounded by fellow waspies and oppo supporters at games, but even though we are a small bunch here, i do truely look forward to reading others posts and sharing views with all on this board

Westy68 (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 09:31
The problem with this board is you can't say anything, which is odd considering it's a forum. If you don't like what someone is saying then please feel free to explain why.

I hate it when someone says you are pessimistic when all you are trying to do is say what you think.

Yes I agree some of the comments are somewhat confusing, especially on dropping a player for someone they haven't seen play for 2 seasons. Fine that's what they think will help us win, surely that's what we all want.

The problem I have is we haven't played well for a couple of months are defence is a big problem, the signings we've made are good but nothing that makes me feel we can challenge Sarries or even Exeter next season. We are not as good as Sarries or exeter so why should we be making a final, it looks like we are going to finish where we are expected to finish.

The problem was it did look like we might finish higher up, which got me excited. So now to finish where we are expected to finish has now become a disappointment.

We might beat Sarries next week and still finish higher than expected but we all know it's unlikely. It doesn't mean I will not be cheering for Wasps, especially has I normally cheer on anyone but Sarries.

I think something's that Dai and the players have done recently do need to be questioned, so to question them is surely the right thing to do, as we all care for our club. If I didn't question it I would then question myself

RossM (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 09:38
There is nothing wrong with questioning but when a soi-disant psychologist (and presumably Wasp supporter) states unequivocally that one of our players is a "waste of space", then that crosses the line.

Westy68 (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 10:07
Ross unfortunately it's not a perfect world.

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 19:10
Boy did the Exeter evisceration of Saints look ominous. Top team making money in the bank . Please not Sandy Park

Rob Smith (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 19:31
Quote:
kentwasp1
Boy did the Exeter evisceration of Saints look ominous. Top team making money in the bank . Please not Sandy Park

Frightening !

[robsbl0g.blogspot.co.uk]
@robsmithrugby

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 20:34
Exeter do look frightening, but they've not beaten us this season... I do agree with the OP though, whilst we do have a few big, well wintered names, we have quite a few developing players, who were the key to our early season form. That in itself makes me feel comfortable that the improvement this season, from last, is based on having a truly improved squad.

SaintED (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 21:20
Quote:
kentwasp1

For balance we are appalling right now. Just about punch our way out of a wet paper bag if there's enough humidity in the air. It was only what, a few weeks ago, that Exeter were very unconvincing against Bristol and lost to Tigs.

What they do do is play very well as a team. Right now I can see them finishing top which puts you either home or away with Sarries doesn't it?

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 21:23
It does yes Ed... We need a BP win against Sarries to guarantee the top spot... Easy eh? Ha ha! (yes I have been drinking). I guess Gloucester are good at home, but my money would be on Exe being no 1

WaspieKev (IP Logged)
30 April, 2017 21:53
Glos were terrible down at Bath today and will surely rest a load of their 1st XV next week V Exeter as they have the Challenge Cup Final the Friday after, so I can't see them putting up much of a fight. That means unless we win V Sarries it'll be Allianz Park for the semis. A BP win will probably see us at home v Tiggers or maybe Barf if results go that way.

Andy1210 (IP Logged)
01 May, 2017 00:18
In context both Sarries and Exeter have recently despatched Quins and Saints quite easily (maybe not Saints v Sarries), whilst we needed a last minute try against Saints and were routed by Quins.

We're well off the pace now and having watched games over the weekend think our dip in form puts us on a par with Saints and Gloucester.

Now that's all well and good two or three seasons ago, but now, with a fantastic structure and set up along with World class players, it's fair to ask why our form has tailed off at the end of the season - yet again. It's been like this for five seasons now.

People come from all walks of life, have different political views, like different food, music, interests etc. It's just normal within any club's fan base that you have the believers who 'cheer at all costs' and can't understand those who don't do the same, and those who are objective and ask questions about selection, tactics and form. At the sharp end of that there is the propensity to go overboard in vilifying players and coaches.

We just have to respect that fans have different Things they take from the game and what they want from it. At the end of the day though, we all have a passion for the club however it's expressed.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net