rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Email from Premiership Rugby re tix for Final
Heathen (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 22:43
Got an email this evening, as I guess others did. Somewhat confusing.

Wasps could reach the Aviva Premiership Rugby Final. Will you be there to support them?

With excitement building ahead of the two huge semi-finals this weekend, we wanted to let you know how to buy tickets to the Final.

Finalist clubs season ticket holders and members will get priority through their club allocations, however tickets will be available throughout Saturday and thereafter on Ticketmaster and Stubhub until the few final tickets are gone.

Not very clear wording IMHO. What do others think?

Re: Email from Premiership Rugby re tix for Final
WaspieKev (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 22:51
All 4 club's must know what allocation they will receive in the event of reaching the final. I would imagine it's no more than 8k each finalist with the rest already sold or available via Ticket Scheister from about Weds onwards.

ukms (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 23:10
Quote:
Heathen
Got an email this evening, as I guess others did. Somewhat confusing.
Wasps could reach the Aviva Premiership Rugby Final. Will you be there to support them?

With excitement building ahead of the two huge semi-finals this weekend, we wanted to let you know how to buy tickets to the Final.

Finalist clubs season ticket holders and members will get priority through their club allocations, however tickets will be available throughout Saturday and thereafter on Ticketmaster and Stubhub until the few final tickets are gone.

Not very clear wording IMHO. What do others think?

What's not clear Heathen ? ..... I take that aimed at non STH to get in quick and buy .... anytime during Saturday once the results are known

Heathen (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 05:34
Good point UKMS.

I just hope that if we do qualify for the final, that Wasps have a robust plan in place to ensure that distribution among STHs is fair and equitable.

Selling post match is a non starter IMHO. Fine for locals maybe, but many have at least a two hour journey to get home.

Raggs (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 05:53
Find a friendly tigers fan, and go halves for a set of tickets before the game, then the winners pay the other half and take the tickets.

ukms (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 07:06
Quote:
Heathen
Good point UKMS.
I just hope that if we do qualify for the final, that Wasps have a robust plan in place to ensure that distribution among STHs is fair and equitable.

Selling post match is a non starter IMHO. Fine for locals maybe, but many have at least a two hour journey to get home.

I'm pretty certain this email is just prem rugby selling their allocation, nothing to do with the clubs allocation.

The semi winning team (I'm confident it will be Wasps smiling smiley) should have more than enough tickets at HQ ... it's just the distribution that could be a challenge .... I'm sure the wheels are well in motion already. smiling smiley

StevieWasp (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 08:00
Quote:
Raggs
Find a friendly tigers fan

?!?!?!??!??

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 08:35
There are 20,000 tickets left for sale for the game.

7,500 each to the two SF winning teams, for their ST holders, or however they allocate them. Do Sarries, Tigers or Cheifs have 7500 ST holders? I know we do (or thereabouts).

That leaves just 5000 tickets if you cannot get tickets from your club.

That is what they are saying.

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 09:42
Tigers have approx 15,000 STH's which is why many of us buy in advance "in case" we get to the final as the finalists allocation is insufficient.

NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 09:51
Quote:
Tigersfan1
Tigers have approx 15,000 STH's which is why many of us buy in advance "in case" we get to the final as the finalists allocation is insufficient.

I wonder how many of these are coming to the game tomorrow? Joe Launchbury was on video (probably recorded yesterday) saying we had nearly sold 30,000 tickets. If all 15,000 come, with friends, Wasps fans are going to be outnumbered!! Wow. What a thought. If that is the case, we will know just how badly wasps c@cked up the process.

CB Wasp (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 10:13
Atmosphere will be great tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it. It is time for us to win a big game and get to this final. I realise that we lost a few fans with process and ticket price bungee jumping etc, but there are still 2000 or so tickets available so I have to believe that the majority of Wasp fans who wanted a ticket will be there.

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 10:26
Quote:
NellyWellyWasp
I wonder how many of these are coming to the game tomorrow? Joe Launchbury was on video (probably recorded yesterday) saying we had nearly sold 30,000 tickets. If all 15,000 come, with friends, Wasps fans are going to be outnumbered!! Wow.

It's always hard to tell but I think we (Tigers) are expecting a lot of support to be there. Whether we outnumber you is another matter but should make for a great atmosphere either way. Now if you could just cut the mic of that annoying cheerleader (he's infuriating even over the TV!) it would improve the atmosphere still further. But that's another matter.

Let's hope for a great game (Sm42)

Andy1210 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 10:30
As a non ST holder I've got no chance of a ticket then, unless they open up to people who have bought ST's for next year.

I'm too nervous to even entertain the thought at the moment. I keep looking at the potential Tiger's line up and their motivations and start sweating on the fact they owe us one on a big occasion.

COYW!

FishingWasp (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 13:59
Come on Wasps ticket office - Announce NOW the ticketing arrangement and policies so that we know IF we get past Tigers. e.g. Will STH,s have priority? If so, How many tickets allowed per STH? When will non-STH's have an opportunity to buy?
Such an announcement may help to reduce pressure on the ticket office if timelines are understood in advance, - and kept to of course!
Communication please.

Heathen (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 14:23
Quote:
FishingWasp
Come on Wasps ticket office - Announce NOW the ticketing arrangement and policies so that we know IF we get past Tigers. e.g. Will STH,s have priority? If so, How many tickets allowed per STH? When will non-STH's have an opportunity to buy?
Such an announcement may help to reduce pressure on the ticket office if timelines are understood in advance, - and kept to of course!
Communication please.

My thoughts as well FW.

Speach (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 19:12
Obviously there will be a STH only time window. There always is and it is a stated STH benefit. I would think they may be allowed plus one at most.

The tricky bit is 1 week. So say STH til midnight Mon and any left go on general, post Wed and scrape home.

If STHS are allowed any adds there's a pretty slim chance of any being left for others.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
Sun Tzu

Jon T (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 21:01
Tiger in peace. If you win, and really want to go just get on the ticketmaster website straight away after the game and buy direct. If you don't like the seats on offer, then wait and see what your Ticket office says.

Or do what I did, bought them last week, 55 lower tier, when we lose Saturday, I've agreed to sell them face value to a Wasps friend. I'm sure you'd have no issue selling them to a tigers fan, but although I live in hope (thats why I bought em), I don't think that'll be an issue for you.

Lets hope for a good close game, best team wins and not decided by the ref. Cheers.

ukms (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 02:31
Quote:
Andy1210
As a non ST holder I've got no chance of a ticket then, unless they open up to people who have bought ST's for next year.
I'm too nervous to even entertain the thought at the moment. I keep looking at the potential Tiger's line up and their motivations and start sweating on the fact they owe us one on a big occasion.

COYW!

If as we hope Wasps win .... get straight online and buy an AP ticket rather than wait for the club.

Phillywasp (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 04:42
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Andy1210

COYW!

If as we hope Wasps win .... get straight online and buy an AP ticket rather than wait for the club.

Although you might find that the winners of the 1st semi have already done that and your options are limited. Playing second doesn't really do us any favours. I bought mine a long while ago as I go most years. Fantastic day out for a mutual.

FishingWasp (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 07:47
"Information for Wasps/Leicester progressing to Premiership Final" now on offy, under news.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Wasps Poll

Will Christian Wade be called up for the Lions again?

See results > Submit >>