rugbyunion
Latest News:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Match Odds..
greenwood (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 12:06
Wasps 4/15
Leicester 3/1
Tie 22/1

Leicester + 8.5pts 5/6

Re: Match Odds..
Dgwasp (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 12:19
If only I was a neutral because those odds don't reflect how close it might be in reality!

backdoc (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 12:24
I have money on Tigers and Exeter this weekend.

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 12:43
sorry Greenwood - can you explain as usual to me what this means. Thanks

greenwood (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 13:23
Certainly..

It means that Wasps according to the Bookies are about 8 or 9 point favourite to win the game in 80 mins

If you put 15 on Wasps to win and they did you'd get back 19

If you put 6 on Wasps at 5/6 to win on the Handicap of -8.5 pts they would have to win by 9 points for you to get back 11

ie Wasps 20 Leicester 6 A Win !

Wasps 20 Leicester 18 A Loss ! (With The Bookies)

Heathen (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 13:25
Let's hope that bookies are right again. After all they had us at 1/6 to top the table in regular season.

cb@wasps (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 13:31
Thanks for explaining that -8.5 bit. I was wondering. We effectively give them an 8.5 point head start, well with the bookies anyway.

Could you make a bet giving them a headstart of your choice, I guess you can.

Nigel Med (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 13:32
It's a Semi Final, how can it end in a tie??? I assume what they mean is, level on points after 80 minutes. Speaking of which, I assume a period of extra time if we are level, then what, drop-goal shoot out? Dai knows all about those.....

kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 13:40
Thanks Greenwood. I understood the first two sentances and that's good enough for me. Just hope they're right . Bought my final ticket already!

greenwood (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 13:43
Win Lose Tie is always on 80 Min.

In actual fact you could have

Wasps To Qualify 2/9
Leicester To Qualify 3/1

cb@wasps (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 13:58
If you are a Wasps fan there really isn't much point in backing them unless you put a lot of money on.

Maybe go for a tie and a Wasps to qualify as a double. Have a word with Dai to see if he can arrange that. That wouldn't be good for the finger nails.

greenwood (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 14:11
No bookie would let you do that as a double it's a defiinte winner.

Tie & Wasps to qualify about 27/1

Tie and Leicester to Qualify 91/1

cb@wasps (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 14:42
Quote:
No bookie would let you do that as a double it's a defiinte winner. Tie & Wasps to qualify about 27/1

That's what I meant !

Lwasp (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 14:46
Except you could lose Greenwood, the game doesn't finish a tie in 80 mins, which is seen as unlikely hence the 22/1 odds.

greenwood (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 14:55
Erm..
I released that Just ask my Bank manager !

19 May, 2017 14:59
I've done the same as backdoc. 12/1 double and either single just about covers the bet.

20 May, 2017 15:33
That's a profit then but just as soon not get the double!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net